Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Champ Rockhold calls Larkin attack 'pretty amateur,' eyes early 2013 for return

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When officials announced the Jan. 12 event in early November, Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF) said he informed officials that a wrist injury lingered and that he was unable to fight.

That's why he's particularly irritated by a series of verbal attacks from Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF) regarding his willingness to compete.

"He was obviously misinformed to some extent," Rockhold said. "I've been in that situation, but just to lash out at me, that's pretty amateur."

Larkin, who today addressed his grievances with MMAjunkie.com Radio, was twice scheduled to vie for the title before injuries interceded.

"I just feel like guys are acting like they haven't paved any way for them to go to the UFC and a catastrophe could happen on Jan. 12, where [UFC President Dana White is] going to be like, 'No. I didn't like the way you fought, and you're not going to come over,'" Larkin said.

LINK

Post #1   11/27/12 10:22:25AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:
Though I am already a fan of Rockhold, I would have been even more on the bandwagon if he had called Larkin's attacks "Bush League".

Post #2   11/27/12 10:24:58AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,616-1,133
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
Is this a conspiracy? Are the fighters for Strikeforce trying to shut them down? I don’t know but this is the second time I have bought tickets to the Oklahoma City Fight and it looks like it might get cancelled too. Oh well I guess I will have to wait on UFC to come back to Oklahoma one of these days.

Post #3   11/27/12 10:39:49AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:

Posted by scpd400

Is this a conspiracy? Are the fighters for Strikeforce trying to shut them down? I don’t know but this is the second time I have bought tickets to the Oklahoma City Fight and it looks like it might get cancelled too. Oh well I guess I will have to wait on UFC to come back to Oklahoma one of these days.

It doesn't look like they're gonna cancel the event, they just announced Masvidal to fight Healy.

Post #4   11/27/12 11:00:22AM