Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Johny Hendricks: “Boxing is not my strong point, my jiu-jitsu is better”

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:963-603
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I believe this statement becauseI personally don't think his boxing technique wise is all that good he just has absolute dynamite in his hands.

Post #16   11/27/12 8:14:20AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,863-1,073
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
He's also one of the most decorated collegiate wrestlers in MMA.You don't win national championships at OK State for nothing.If Hendricks actually trains his wrestling i think it'll be interesting with GSP.Obviously most fighters don't like being on their backs and GSP took some lumps on his from Condit now if Hendricks with his power and wrestling background unlike Condit gets GSP on his back...Could be a world of shit Mr.GSP.

But kinda weak to debate now......Hendricks will probably have another fight due to super fights

Last edited 11/27/12 8:37AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   11/27/12 8:35:51AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by kingsmasher

I think GSP can beat Hendricks with his jab and wont need to take it to the ground....

Maybe, but that seems like an approach that would be way too much like play with fire. I wouldn't want to give Hendricks a full 25 minutes to try and take my head off. I'd try to mix it up and keep him guessing to make him hesitate to pull the trigger. 25 minutes is a long time to try and avoid that ridiculous kind of power.

This.

GSP isn't the kind of guy who tries to beat his opponents at their strength. He plays to their weakness. Johny's strength is his stand up so we can expect GSP to avoid that. That's the whole point of this statement, to get in GSP's head and make him think a grappling centered gameplan is equally dangerous.

Posted by hotrodttt

He trained bjj with Marc Laimon for a while and Robert Drysdale, I remember watching something a long time ago and his bjj is surprisingly good.

Surprisingly good I believe, better than his stand up I don't buy.

His stand up has the potential to end a fight in an instant. I doubt his jiujitsu has the same sort of dynamism.

Post #18   11/27/12 9:31:11AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

His very close and somewhat debatable decision win over Kos, his decision win against Pierce and his decision loss against Story tells me that GSP is going to wrestlefuck him at will.

I believe this too....GSP will have a significant reach and after a few Jabs...Hendricks will go down...

Even thoug he beat Fitch I think Fitch would beat Hendricks the next five times in a row...

Ok he has a left hand...need way more than that for GSP....

Post #19   11/27/12 10:09:27AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by BigBadAl

His very close and somewhat debatable decision win over Kos, his decision win against Pierce and his decision loss against Story tells me that GSP is going to wrestlefuck him at will.

I believe this too....GSP will have a significant reach and after a few Jabs...Hendricks will go down...

Even thoug he beat Fitch I think Fitch would beat Hendricks the next five times in a row...

Serra has a left hand and beat GSP

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #20   11/27/12 10:47:59AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

I, in fact, have both a left AND a right hand. I also have the corresponding number of feet.

I should be able to defeat him easily.

Post #21   11/27/12 11:48:30AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

I, in fact, have both a left AND a right hand. I also have the corresponding number of feet.

I should be able to defeat him easily.

Well you need more than a left. So maybe 1 extra limb covers the need. The rest are just want desires?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #22   11/27/12 3:51:38PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Hendricks looks like he battles nerves at times, I think a title fight with GSP would be too much for him the first time around. That is however pure TNT in that left hand, but GSP probably never lets him stand for more than one swing.

Post #23   11/27/12 11:45:36PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,119-599
Chips:
Hendricks Jitz is not the shit. Never seen him use it. And GSP is gonna take him down and do the GSP thinag. Yeah you know what I'm talking about.

Post #24   11/28/12 11:01:50AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2