Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Favourite Striking/Grappling technique?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,587-973
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
My favorite striking technique has changed so much over the years. When I first started training and sparring I probably had about as much power striking as Ben Askren with the only thing that I had that was a real threat being a spinning back fist. I've evolved a ton since then though. I do still love the spinning back fist, but I don't use it near as often because I don't have to. I LOVE leg kicks and my striking is incredibly tooled toward abusing them and using them often. But since I don't want to say my favorite strike is something that has virtually no chance of KOing somebody, I'd say it's either an over hand right or right hook. I KOd a dude once in sparring with a right hook and was like "Dude! I didn't know I had that kind of power" and fell in love with it.

Grappling I'd have to say armbar set up by a triangle choke. I love that set up. I throw up a triangle and start making adjustments to sink it in and as soon as they start to adjust I throw my hips over and turn it into an armbar. I have a pretty high success rate with that set up. I also enjoy the guillotine choke. I am really quick sinking it in when people shoot on me.

Post #16   11/27/12 12:49:53AM   

whitiqer

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
roadhouse

Post #17   12/29/12 3:22:30PM   

Shin-2-Chin

Learning to Sprawl

Shin-2-Chin Avatar

Career:223-165
Chips:
Striking - I like to throw an overhand right (stepping forward with my left leg) and once I've thrown that I throw a headkick with the left. Use it lots when my partners/opponent back up towards to cage.

Grappling - I like to use a hip throw, get side mount and go right into the crucifix.

Post #18   1/13/13 6:05:31PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:1,104-671
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Striking- I throw a lot of leg kicks to start and finish combos so I really like getting guys to think about that and then fake a left low kick to go straight into a spinning right back fist.

Grappling- I love attempting the kneebar from half guard just like Jim Miller but the key word is attempting My favourite technique that I manage to actually get results from is the omoplata

Post #19   1/14/13 6:01:55PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:778-429
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
a good clean leg kick just above the knee....I've also been practising my flying knee's...not that your allowed to do that in sparring but i've got the technique down pretty good now....just need someone to land it on......

Post #20   1/16/13 6:12:50AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Arm Triangle from bottom guard. Works best if you are a long lanky guy like me. Shorter dudes usually got to scoot out to the side a bit to nail it

Post #21   1/28/13 8:31:56AM   

Legattacks

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Grappling Technique: Arm Drag with a Hip Drop, the level change is so drastic that it really catches your opponent by surprises. I normally get a takedown or back control off of it!!!

Post #22   3/4/13 8:16:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2