Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Score Fighting Series 7 results: Mein quickly stops Petz, Ronson batters Healy

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Strikeforce took a gamble by loaning out Jordan Mein, one of its top welterweight prospects, for Friday's Score Fighting Series 7 headliner.

Against UFC vet Forrest Petz, he faced a heavy-handed fighter with proven knockout power.

Yet, quickly in the main-event fight, it looked like anything but a risky proposition.

Mein made short work Petz and battered him with punches, elbows and knees from close quarters for a quick and efficient first-round TKO victory. The bout headlined SFS 7 and took place at Hamilton Place Theatre in Ontario, Canada. The main card aired live on AXS TV.

Although Petz opened up early, Mein quickly pounced with countershots and put him on the defensive with accurate strikes. The stoppage, which primarily was the result of standing elbow strikes, came at the 1:29 mark of the opening round.

"I had to respect his power ... but once I landed a few elbows, I felt good," said Mein, who isn't sure if he has an immediate future in the rumored-to-be-closing Strikeforce promotion. "I'm excited and happy."

Mein (26-8) is now 8-1 over his past nine fights, and the lone defeat came via close split decision to Tyron Woodley. Petz (25-10), meanwhile, snaps a four-fight win streak.

Rest of the results

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   11/24/12 9:01:32PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Mein should get a call to the UFC soon. Maybe one more quality win first but this kid has promise. Probably not a top 5 ceiling, but I could see him being a mainstay in the UFC's WW division. He has beaten the likes of Riggs and Zaromskis already.

Ryan Healy must have one of the best chins in MMA. I lost count how many clean punches, knees and kicks he took and didn't go down. It took a flying knee after 4 or 5 clean shots to drop him but then he recovered quickly and got back up. Have you ever seen anyone eat 3 straight head kicks and not drop to a knee at the very least? All that being said, he Ronson has good hands and decent TDD. A couple more wins and he should get a call from Joe Silva. I could also see him on a TUF season as they have LWs on every other season

good night of fights overall. I wish I was there live...I missed Rory McDonell def. Desmond Green via submission (gotoplata/armbar) - Round 1, 4:41

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   11/24/12 9:13:57PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Mein should get a call to the UFC soon. Maybe one more quality win first but this kid has promise. Probably not a top 5 ceiling, but I could see him being a mainstay in the UFC's WW division. He has beaten the likes of Riggs and Zaromskis already.

Ryan Healy must have one of the best chins in MMA. I lost count how many clean punches, knees and kicks he took and didn't go down. It took a flying knee after 4 or 5 clean shots to drop him but then he recovered quickly and got back up. Have you ever seen anyone eat 3 straight head kicks and not drop to a knee at the very least? All that being said, he Ronson has good hands and decent TDD. A couple more wins and he should get a call from Joe Silva. I could also see him on a TUF season as they have LWs on every other season

good night of fights overall. I wish I was there live...I missed Rory McDonell def. Desmond Green via submission (gotoplata/armbar) - Round 1, 4:41

I wanted to be there live to Bubs, awesome night of fights Ronson looked great I wish SFS would of had a stat on how many head kicks he landed. Healy is a zombie the kids nickname should be frankenstein. I thought he was done so many times.

Mein will be in UFC real soon to good to not be and he is still so young. I have high hopes for Jordan.

Post #3   11/24/12 10:20:06PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Too many propworthy posts from Bubbles today, can't spread anymore love. I took notice of Mein with the Burkman win, his wins over Zaromskis and Santos were very solid. Like you said, don't know if he can ever hit that top 5 echelon, but he's tough and definitely has time on his side at age 23. I'm excited to see where his skills will be in four years.

Post #4   11/25/12 1:08:09AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Healy was ROBBED!

Yo Joe Silva, Dana White, snatch up Mein and put him on a UFC fight card...ASAP....kid is a stud.

Post #5   11/25/12 2:38:54AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Healy was ROBBED!

Yo Joe Silva, Dana White, snatch up Mein and put him on a UFC fight card...ASAP....kid is a stud.

Post #6   11/25/12 3:05:10AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
I think he's still 'signed' or attached to Zuffa, but a kid his age can't wait 9 months between fights. He looked super impressive in his Woodly loss, staying very busy from the bottom. If Woodly would have taken any sort of chance, that fight could have been a lot different.

Post #7   11/25/12 11:16:44AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mein vs. Bahadurzada

Post #8   11/25/12 11:40:22AM