Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva says he will fight whomever the UFC wants, GSP or Jon Jones!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Right now today Griffin is not top ten on Sherdog....I also think Mousasi and Mo lawal and Glover would beat him and they arent in there either

And Griffin got KTFO first round in the rematch against Shogun didnt he? Round 1

Post #31   11/23/12 9:34:33PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:
I have my own rankings system and Forrest IMO was never a contender...He actually has never beaten anyone worth mentioning but Tito by DECISION and Franklin by decision....

Before that I think he lost to Rampage and this coming from someone who actually really likes Forrest...

You have no argument...

Go look at Forrests record...Its actually not even worth mentioning....His career best win over Rampage was most thought he lost...

Post #32   11/23/12 9:39:06PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I have my own rankings system and Forrest IMO was never a contender...He actually has never beaten anyone worth mentioning but Tito by DECISION and Franklin by decision....

Before that I think he lost to Rampage and this coming from someone who actually really likes Forrest...

You have no argument...

Go look at Forrests record...Its actually not even worth mentioning....His career best win over Rampage was most thought he lost...

I'm sure your rankings are legit

Claiming Jay had no argument is false. He showed Griffins ranking over the course of several years. Guys are eventually gonna fall out of the top ten. Are you gonna discredit Jones top fights after they fall out of the top 10?

Last edited 11/23/12 9:51PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   11/23/12 9:47:26PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:
Lets break this down shall we?

Did you really think he beat Rampage to start off? IF your answer is yes I wont even have the conversation....

Complex question. A complex question is a question that implicitly assumes something to be true by its construction, such as "Have you stopped beating your wife?" A question like this is fallacious only if the thing presumed true (in this case, that you beat your wife) has not been established.

I am not a Rampage fan and think hes a complete jackass but I thought he won the fight...

This is fighter bashing.

Also I looked at 5 different sites that had a LHW ranking...Only one had Forrest today....also your own MMA playground I looked back at 2008 and two people had Forrest as number 2 and 3 ....Some as low as 6 76 and 8..

Argumentum ad numerum (argument or appeal to numbers). This fallacy is the attempt to prove something by showing how many people think that it's true. But no matter how many people believe something, that doesn't necessarily make it true or right.

When I formed my argument I used statistic based rankings, I don't know what websites you checked but you used MMA Playground which is opinion so...

Argumentum ad populum (argument or appeal to the public). This is the fallacy of trying to prove something by showing that the public agrees with you.

Did Forrest beat a 100% Shogun? I am not one to point out injuries IM just asking....Does Forrest beat SHogun today?

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc (with this, therefore because of this). This is the familiar fallacy of mistaking correlation for causation -- i.e., thinking that because two things occur simultaneously, one must be a cause of the other

Jeez back then how many wrestlers were in the division?

Red herring. This means exactly what you think it means: introducing irrelevant facts or arguments to distract from the question at hand.

I asked you a whole series of questions and you skipped it all and read the last thing I wrote. You don't read what people post. Your arguements are very predictable, you never back down from your opinion even when you know your not always right

Season: 36-26 (#1253)
Bankroll: $2,315 (#1214)

Season: 49-26 (#311)
Bankroll: $10,008 (#105)

How about just for once you accept the Argumentum ad hominem and give up?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #34   11/23/12 9:59:02PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Also I am not at liberty to say why some fights I think go certain ways..

Posted by kingsmasher

I have my own rankings system

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #35   11/24/12 4:13:32AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:924-612
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
UFC is sounding more like boxing every day. i would rather see the champions fight in their own weight class and not worry about these "super fights".

the way i see it is GSP is too small to fight silva, jones doesnt want to fight silva, he claims silva is his "mentor". ( insert mir face here).
and silva is all over the place ( doesnt want to fight either one, then wants to fight GSP, then wants to take a year off, now will fight anyone)

lets just fight your respective contenders and keep this sport moving

Post #36   11/24/12 8:45:29AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher
first time Silva bleeds causing him to panic and pass out....

Post #37   11/24/12 10:25:40AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher

Watch...Odds out are -210 Silva over GSP.....that means IMO that Jones is probably a -350 over Silva easily...

All this superfight crap I wish organizations would match fighters and let Ben Askren fight GSP...

I said before and I will say again....Ben Askren is the only one who can outwrestle GSP...

Post #38   11/24/12 12:14:32PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Lets break this down shall we?

Did you really think he beat Rampage to start off? IF your answer is yes I wont even have the conversation....

Complex question. A complex question is a question that implicitly assumes something to be true by its construction, such as "Have you stopped beating your wife?" A question like this is fallacious only if the thing presumed true (in this case, that you beat your wife) has not been established.

I am not a Rampage fan and think hes a complete jackass but I thought he won the fight...

This is fighter bashing.

Also I looked at 5 different sites that had a LHW ranking...Only one had Forrest today....also your own MMA playground I looked back at 2008 and two people had Forrest as number 2 and 3 ....Some as low as 6 76 and 8..

Argumentum ad numerum (argument or appeal to numbers). This fallacy is the attempt to prove something by showing how many people think that it's true. But no matter how many people believe something, that doesn't necessarily make it true or right.

When I formed my argument I used statistic based rankings, I don't know what websites you checked but you used MMA Playground which is opinion so...

Argumentum ad populum (argument or appeal to the public). This is the fallacy of trying to prove something by showing that the public agrees with you.

Did Forrest beat a 100% Shogun? I am not one to point out injuries IM just asking....Does Forrest beat SHogun today?

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc (with this, therefore because of this). This is the familiar fallacy of mistaking correlation for causation -- i.e., thinking that because two things occur simultaneously, one must be a cause of the other

Jeez back then how many wrestlers were in the division?

Red herring. This means exactly what you think it means: introducing irrelevant facts or arguments to distract from the question at hand.

I asked you a whole series of questions and you skipped it all and read the last thing I wrote. You don't read what people post. Your arguements are very predictable, you never back down from your opinion even when you know your not always right

Season: 36-26 (#1253)
Bankroll: $2,315 (#1214)

Season: 49-26 (#311)
Bankroll: $10,008 (#105)

How about just for once you accept the Argumentum ad hominem and give up?

to pull out records and bankroll is funny....I have bet one time period and missed every other...and I believe I have missed 2 cards...I mean can you add...do you see how many fights you have picked 13 more....genius..

Post #39   11/24/12 12:16:34PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Chips:

I'm gonna take the argument down on your level and create a complex question fallacy. I bet you didn't pick those fights cause you were scared you'd get them wrong.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #40   11/24/12 12:38:34PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Post #41   11/24/12 12:40:01PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher

Watch...Odds out are -210 Silva over GSP.....that means IMO that Jones is probably a -350 over Silva easily...

All this superfight crap I wish organizations would match fighters and let Ben Askren fight GSP...

I said before and I will say again....Ben Askren is the only one who can outwrestle GSP...

Ben Askren will not be able to outwrestle GSP in MMA. Askren smothers his opponents, and GSP is far too active on top, or in guard to enable Askren. Besides, he'd be lit up on the feet before he'd have a chance to take down GSP.

Post #42   11/24/12 1:05:31PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Jones destroys Silva and will be the first time Silva bleeds causing him to panic and pass out....

Posted by kingsmasher
I wish organizations would match fighters and let Ben Askren fight GSP...

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #43   11/24/12 3:00:46PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3