Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

'TUF 17' coach Jon Jones: Chael Sonnen doesn't deserve UFC title fight

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,806-1,051
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Five months from now, Chael Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) will fight for the UFC's light heavyweight title.

He hasn't registered a 205-pound win in the octagon since 2006, and he was soundly defeated by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in his most recent appearance. So why did UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) agree to coach opposite Sonnen on "The Ultimate Fighter 17" and ultimately face him in the octagon?

"Bones" said it was an easy choice. This is his chance to silence the trashtalking master by beating him down in a cage.

LINK

Post #1   11/22/12 4:00:22PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
Chael doesnt deserve to fight him? i guess jones is king shit on turd island now. i think jones needs to just fight whoever the hell they put in front of him, thats the best way to cement any kind of legacy for himself. chuck liddel was not only a great champion but he was known for fighting anybody and everybody that stood in front of him even if he lost (randy). as champion, jones needs to just keep smashing the competition like he's been doing and i think he has a good chance of being one of the all time greatest. id hate to see his legacy ruined by his mouth

Post #2   11/22/12 4:12:17PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
keep repeating yourself Jon, but yet you accepted the fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   11/22/12 4:31:46PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,238-1,256
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's almost like politics, how a guy can open his mouth too much, or say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and whammo...he becomes the bad guy.

It's one of things where many people agree, but as soon as JJ says it out loud, he's a jerk for saying it.

The UFC is in that weird space right now where not every fighter thinks like Chuck Liddell, many turn fights down, and many get away with a verbal spank from Dana. And hell, the fans are pretty damn fickle.

Post #4   11/23/12 8:53:36AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
the thing was Jones had his chance 2 months ago, but claimed he won't let someone talk his way into a fight and wants Chael to earn it....but then he signs up to fight him. Jones said this exact same thing when 151 was cancelled, so why the change of heart? The could have done this TUF gig after this next season, or even postpone it for a couple months and let Chael beat Griffin. If he loved the money being offered for coaching TUF, then make it known that he wants Hendo to take the other coaching spot. It would give him more than enough time to heal, let Chael get a LHW win against a decent opponent and this fight happens in August 2013

so many ways to not sound like a hypocrite

Last edited 11/23/12 9:19AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   11/23/12 9:17:22AM