Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How does Benson beat Nate?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
I've been thinking about this fight, and I just don't see Benson winning. Everytime it plays in my head Diaz win's.Diaz. The think that scares me the most is I don't really see growth in Benson's game. Not to say he hasn't but I'm not noticing anything major that stick's out since he's been in the UFC. Don't get me wrong I want to bet on this fight and pick Benson, but I don't see how I can. I think Diaz can submit Benson like he did Jiml and Benson clearly hasn't learned to hide his neck on TD's, since every fight guys attempt a choke.

So Playground I'm looking for a different view how do you see the fight going and why?

Post #1   11/20/12 3:03:17AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
when this fight was first made and for a while after i thought diaz would win...now im not so sure.

Diaz has looked superb in his last few wins..crisp striking and dangerous subs...his tdd has no doubt improved but i still think its a weakness against a top level wrestler. If you look at nate's ufc losses they are all to great wrestlers - maynard, joe stevenson, guida, dong hyun kim and rory mcdonald.

Benson is probably dissapointed in his last fight with edgar and its almost guaranteed that he will be much better this time around and with a game plan attacking nate's weakness.

Benson should look to disguise the takedown well and go for it often...there is no doubt that he should be able to take him down. Remember ben does have a brown belt in bjj and we know from his fights that he is extremely hard to submit.

If benson plays it smart he should get the decision by taking nate down and remaining active and heavy on top.

Post #2   11/20/12 4:31:51AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Chips:
Wrestling and sub defense. He knows he won't win if the fight stays standing. I see a lot of tie ups against the cage, and knees to the legs.

I really want to see if Ben can escape a sub attempt from Diaz. If it's real deep, and he's still able to get out, then it's official. Ben Henderson cannot be subbed, so don't even try.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   11/20/12 8:56:08AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Wrestling and sub defense. He knows he won't win if the fight stays standing. I see a lot of tie ups against the cage, and knees to the legs.

add in those leg kicks and you have the recipe for a UD

Post #4   11/20/12 9:20:25AM   

JLS1980

Warren > Dantas

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,346-713
Chips:
This has to be up there on one of the toughest fights to pick IMO. Aussie and KO made some really good points especially about Nate's weakness and him losing to top notch wrestlers. I have gone back and forth on this fight and I can only see it ending in one of two ways. Either Bendo uses his top control and dry humps Nate for the better part of the fight and wins a UD, or Nate catches Bendo in a sub about halfway trough the fight. Both fighters are in superior shape and cardio shouldn't be a big factor at all in this one.

Also Nate's last opponent Jim Miller is a very good wrestler and had never been finished until he ran into Nate. Nate's finished 4 out of his last 6 opponents via submission and Bendo is yet to finish anybody in his 5 wins in the UFC. I don't think Nate will be Bendo's first finish. Bendo is a Brown Belt under John Crouch who is a Black Belt under Royce Gracie. But Nate's BJJ is at a much higher level. So I think Bendo will want to take this fight to the ground and that is where he is gonna run into trouble.

I'm going with Nate Diaz via Submission.

Post #5   11/20/12 9:23:33AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:
See Cerrone round 3:

He has a black belt in taekwondo which is gonna give him kicks to sweep and kicks to hurt Diaz's legs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hair. The hair is gonna enable him to escape guillotine attempts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benson Hendersons TDD and TDO and sub defence.

Nate Diaz has never outwrestled anyone as high calliber as Mark Bocek or Frankie Edgar, infact Rory pretty much had his way with him in the wrestling department:

And if Diaz does end up finding his way inside Bendo's guard he's gonna have to hope Bendo leaves an opening because Diaz's top game from the guard I doubt is as good as Boceks but Bendo found a way outta that pretty easily

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, I would love to be the guy who came onto this thread to give you all the reasons why I think Diaz would win, and man will I be rooting for Diaz.

There are areas whereby Diaz is better, he's gonna have a 6 inch reach advantage and a 3 inch height advantage and lets not forget he was able to walk down Rory

I just feel the fight favours Bendo and Bendo will use his kicks to stop Diaz mounting a decent striking battle, I'm pretty confident if Bendo want's Diaz on his back he'll get him there without any effort, the hardest Job Bendo will have in the fight is staying out of subs, which he's been able to do pretty well over the last 5 years Escaping the last 29 attempts in 11 fights.

Last edited 11/20/12 9:38AM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   11/20/12 9:36:28AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I have ben taking this. Want to beat a Diaz? Learn how to wrestle. Ben knows how to wrestle.

Post #7   11/20/12 10:33:22AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
JJeans explained it best. Brilliant post.

Post #8   11/20/12 11:52:40AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
Thanks guy's JJeans thanks for the stats, I think i'll throw down a small bet on Benson now for sure.

Post #9   11/20/12 12:54:39PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i think bendo wins by out working diaz. i know the diaz brothers have great cardio but they arent particularly face paced fighters, just consistent. i think bendo will put the pace to diaz and diaz will play catch up for the whole fight. win goes to bendo by UD

Post #10   11/20/12 4:52:33PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
Solid chin, fast hands, reach, strength, cardio.....wrestling and striking stick and move with last second take downs to steal rounds!

Post #11   11/20/12 11:14:07PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Ben wins by taking down Nate.....easy

You can NOT submit Ben Henderson at LW....It will be a pretty lame fight IMO...if Ben wants the win...

Truthfully if Ben was smart he shoudl just keep teh fight standing and trade shots and I think he KOs Nate...

Nate has absolutely zero power...Ben can walk through and he can eventually connect...

I think he rocks Nate then subs Nate with a rear naked choke....

I am NOT a fan of Ben Henderson..

Post #12   11/21/12 7:42:01AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Face to fist style...how'd ya like it?

Post #13   11/22/12 7:40:37PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Ben wins by taking down Nate.....easy

You can NOT submit Ben Henderson at LW....It will be a pretty lame fight IMO...if Ben wants the win...

Truthfully if Ben was smart he shoudl just keep teh fight standing and trade shots and I think he KOs Nate...

Nate has absolutely zero power...Ben can walk through and he can eventually connect...

I think he rocks Nate then subs Nate with a rear naked choke....

I am NOT a fan of Ben Henderson..

lmao...i know some people type lmao and dont really lmao but i am really lmao.

also, do you do that teh thing by accident or on purpose ?

Post #14   11/25/12 2:30:19AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I really want to see if Ben can escape a sub attempt from Diaz. If it's real deep, and he's still able to get out, then it's official. Ben Henderson cannot be subbed, so don't even try.

Benson gets Subbed

EDIT- Also this:

Posted by JLS1980

Bendo gets Subbed in 19 secs

Last edited 11/26/12 1:39PM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   11/25/12 9:06:23AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2