Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With Sakara's team planning appeal of UFC 154 DQ, ref Miragliotta explains his decision

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dan Miragliotta contends that most of the shots that hit Patrick Cote just prior to a stoppage against Alessio Sakara were legal blows.

Three weren't, however, and the longtime referee said he issued two verbal warnings before the third blow knocked Cote out and forced his intervention.

"As long as hand makes contact with the ear, it's a legal strike," Miragliotta told MMAjunkie.com. "If you miss the ear and only hit the back of the head, it's illegal."

LINK

Post #1   11/19/12 9:49:15PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-309
Chips:
I'm glad his manager is doing this, It should be a No Contest clearly. Dan gave no implications that Sakara was hitting the back of the head, until after the fight. Like appeals courts they should look at the job of the ref and Dan simply didn't do enough.

Now let them rematch. I thought Cote was going to run through Sakara, he looked in shape and ready, but Sakara looked great too.

Post #2   11/19/12 10:02:18PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,306-1,232
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Interesting. I didn't hear, or see Dan warn Sakara. I suppose it was the right call, if he did warn him twice before the fight ended. I'm pretty sure I saw more than 3 illegal blows though.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   11/19/12 10:04:43PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
I didnt have an issue with the call till now.

"As long as hand makes contact with the ear, it's a legal strike," Miragliotta told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "If you miss the ear and only hit the back of the head, it's illegal"

I thought it was a "Mohawk" line down then back of your head that was illegal. different refs implement different rules in different ways, which shouldn't happen. Now all a fighter has to do when miragliotta is ref is turn your head.

I feel Dan has opened a can of worns here

Post #4   11/20/12 12:09:43AM   

RacingHartPurple

MMA Regular

RacingHartPurple Avatar

Career:1,994-1,200
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think I counted 8 shots to the back of the head, but I didn't see Big Dan warn him...whatever, he deserves the DQ or NC.

Post #5   11/20/12 1:07:00AM