Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alessio Sakara’s Manager Filing Appeal; Wants Rematch with Patrick Cote on Neutral Ground

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Alessio Sakara left Montreal on Saturday with a loss on his record by disqualification after he believed he had been the first fighter ever to knock out Patrick Cote.

LINK

Post #1   11/19/12 11:57:54AM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
They did Sakara dirty, I don't understand how you can be DQed without any warning.

Post #2   11/19/12 12:19:52PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,726-1,499
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Biggavelli

They did Sakara dirty, I don't understand how you can be DQed without any warning.

When the fighter is unable to continue after being illegally hit its an automatic DQ. Cote clearly couldnt keep fighting Sakara hit him with about 7 Illegal shots to the back of the head that at some point knocked Cote out. Clearly the Commission cannot let the fight continue so in my opinion Sakara did Cote and himself dirty, intentionally or not.

Post #3   11/19/12 12:26:45PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:972-649
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Biggavelli

When the fighter is unable to continue after being illegally hit its an automatic DQ. Cote clearly couldnt keep fighting Sakara hit him with about 7 Illegal shots to the back of the head that at some point knocked Cote out. Clearly the Commission cannot let the fight continue so in my opinion Sakara did Cote and himself dirty, intentionally or not.

I thought it should have been a no contest. I don't think sakara did it on purpose and the ref didn't say anything to him (not that, that makes it any better). After seeing those two go at it, I want to see the rematch

Post #4   11/19/12 12:35:17PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
How can you accidentally hit the back of the head that many times?

Same situation with Jones and Hamill. Learn the rules of MMA if you're going to do MMA for a living.

Last edited 11/19/12 12:42PM server time by finnish_line
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   11/19/12 12:41:47PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

If an injury sustained during competition as a result of an intentional foul, as determined by the referee, is severe enough to terminate a bout, the contestant causing the injury loses by disqualification.

The most important part of that is, of course, "intentional". While Sakara may or may not have intentionally cheated, he did "intend" to throw the strikes where they landed...which was in a foul zone. There is no arguing that. I think people have a hard time differentiating between the two. Forgetting the rules or having a brain-fart doesn't save you from committing an "intentional foul".

Post #6   11/19/12 12:47:59PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Sakara was trying to finish the fight, he didn't want to let up, heat of the moment. We can only take our view on it, but none of us were actually in that situation.

The booing got annoying.

Props to Sakara for fighting back after getting hurt early and rocking Cote, which isn't an easy feat.

Post #7   11/19/12 1:03:08PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

I thought it should have been a no contest. I don't think sakara did it on purpose and the ref didn't say anything to him (not that, that makes it any better). After seeing those two go at it, I want to see the rematch

Agree with most. I would have liked to hear a warning from the ref. Sakara probably thought the blows were legal, and continued throwing. Sucks that it was a dq for Sakara, when it was the ref that screwed up.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   11/19/12 1:30:30PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Agree with most. I would have liked to hear a warning from the ref. Sakara probably thought the blows were legal, and continued throwing. Sucks that it was a dq for Sakara, when it was the ref that screwed up.

Same. It wasn't a brilliant move by Sakara, but without a warning I feel that it should have been a no contest. Idk I guess the Jones Hamill fight was pretty similar, but Jones didn't throw nearly the number of strikes, making it harder for the ref to have the opportunity to even see anything illegal.

Post #9   11/19/12 1:33:22PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,735-915
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is a bunch of bull. Sakara isn't going to get a fair shake in Canada the manager says? The ref screwed up? Sakara broke the rules. Not a fence grab or anything like that...he clobbered a guy on the back of the head a lot of times. Lost a lot of respect for the Sakara team here. It isn't either Dan, Canada or Cote's fault that Sakara didn't keep to the rules he agreed to follow.

Post #10   11/19/12 2:18:26PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

This is a bunch of bull. Sakara isn't going to get a fair shake in Canada the manager says? The ref screwed up? Sakara broke the rules. Not a fence grab or anything like that...he clobbered a guy on the back of the head a lot of times. Lost a lot of respect for the Sakara team here. It isn't either Dan, Canada or Cote's fault that Sakara didn't keep to the rules he agreed to follow.

Actually it is on Dan, as it is his job to protect the fighters and his job to step in when someone is being unscrupulous. Also, it probably is the fault of Canada, as is everything that goes wrong on Earth.

Post #11   11/19/12 2:25:09PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bythar

Actually it is on Dan, as it is his job to protect the fighters and his job to step in when someone is being unscrupulous. Also, it probably is the fault of Canada, as is everything that goes wrong on Earth.

O ya blame Canada for everything, go ahead were all too stoned to care

Post #12   11/19/12 3:12:29PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Chips:
I want to blame the ref but honestly I thought the strikes were legal until they showed the replay. The shots were quick and I was concentrating more on Sakara's comeback. I agree with the DQ, though. I can understand 1-2 accidental strikes but once you get up to 6-7 something has to be done and the DQ was the right thing to do.

Post #13   11/19/12 3:12:44PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
He very deliberately pounded away at the back of Cote's head.

Post #14   11/19/12 4:22:22PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
am I the only one who heard Mirgliotta say "watch the back of the head" or something along those lines? Sakara clearly understands English as he didn't need a translator to understand Rogan so we cant use the "he doesn't know English" excuse

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   11/19/12 4:28:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2