Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What is it about our favorite sports teams

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
What is it about our sports teams that makes us so emotional?

I ask this because im still in a shitty mood after my Oregon Ducks lost to Stanford last night ending any Championship hopes we may have had. Worst part is I was there. It made the drive home pretty bad. We made 3 stops at bars to drink away our sorrows.

Post #1   11/18/12 4:37:57PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Dude I know exactly what you mean.

I'm sitting here 2 feet away from my tv screen dead silent watching this Texans game. If we lose it will Fuck up my night FOR SURE

Sorry about your team losing man

Post #2   11/18/12 4:44:34PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I threw my brothers female friend out of our apartment when the Yankees lost the 2001 WS and she was talking shit right after game 7. Homey dont play dat

Post #3   11/18/12 4:45:33PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,726-1,499
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Its all about the PRIDE you have for your team brother almost like its a sibling you never want to see em do bad because you have expectations of them

Last edited 11/18/12 4:49PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   11/18/12 4:47:38PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Dude I know exactly what you mean.

I'm sitting here 2 feet away from my tv screen dead silent watching this Texans game. If we lose it will Fuck up my night FOR SURE

Sorry about your team losing man

Its ok George. Thanks tho. This is why I never talk trash. My team loses just like eveeyone elses. I know their good, just didnt win the games we had to

Last edited 11/18/12 4:55PM server time by prophecy033

Post #5   11/18/12 4:48:30PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Chips:
I know not to talk trash because what goes around, comes around. I get so pissed when the Vikes play bad, that it will ruin a good portion of the day. I've been good lately of turning the tv off, when they are playing bad. That way I'm only upset for a bit, and quickly get over it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   11/18/12 4:52:13PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
As long as you don't go like THIS its all good.

I hear you, Prophecy. I get like that sometimes but usually doesn't last long. I guess I'm used to GA-based team to underachieve season after season so is more of a "there they go again" feeling.

Post #7   11/18/12 4:52:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
without an emotional attachment, sports is boring. I was in a pissy mood for a couple days after my Rangers lost to the Devils in earlier this year in the Eastern Conference Finals...they would have beaten the Kings too

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   11/18/12 4:53:28PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,459-835
Chips:
I'm 28. I've been a die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys & Mississippi State fan since I was 5 or 6 years old. so i have been a fan of all 3 for over 20 years. I have changed a lot in my life, but these are constants. I will ride until i die with these teams. This is where my emotion comes from.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #9   11/18/12 5:00:24PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Chips:
On the flip side I have a question about being passionate for your teams. Didnt feel like making a thread.

anyhow, do you do certain things the same way as not to "Jinx" your team?

Example. Im a diehard Syracuse fan, when they won it all in 2003 for basketball I had to go to the same exact bar, order the same drink just as I did in their previous wins in the NCAA tournament.

My wife doesnt understand this. When the Yankees were playing Detroit in the ALCS this year in game 1, she was in the living room painting, I was in the living room watching the game, Yankees are losing. As soon as she goes in the bedroom Yankees tie it, when she comes back out Detroit scored 1 run in the 12th and I yell at her to go back. She got pissed, but ya gotta know you're Jinxing it.

Post #10   11/18/12 5:11:08PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I'm 28. I've been a die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys & Mississippi State fan since I was 5 or 6 years old. so i have been a fan of all 3 for over 20 years. I have changed a lot in my life, but these are constants. I will ride until i die with these teams. This is where my emotion comes from.

I'm diehard for 2 team, The Portland Trail Blazer and Oregon Ducks and I've been through a lot betwen the two. The 2 finals loses to Detroit and Chicago plus the collapse in the WCF to the Lakers then the Jail Blazer era and the Greg Oden and Brandon Roy injuries. With the Ducks it was years of mediocrity and then we started winning again and then it went back to mediocre. Then we hit the Championship and lost a heartbreaker to Auburn. Not to mention losing to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl before finally winning it against Wisconsin last year. This year we had a shot if we just won the last 3 games

Post #11   11/18/12 5:13:54PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,459-835
Chips:
Prophecy- being a Miss St fan, i dont know what it's like to have title hopes go down, but I feel your pain. it must be tough.

Shawn- I find myself doing weird quirky things like if ive been cooking in the kitchen & my team is doing well, but when im done & go sit in the living room by the tv to eat & my team starts playing bad, i'll go eat in the kitchen & watch the game from there.
my gf calls it desperation. i say "whatever works".

Last edited 11/18/12 5:21PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: typos

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #12   11/18/12 5:20:49PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

On the flip side I have a question about being passionate for your teams. Didnt feel like making a thread.

Example. Im a diehard Syracuse fan, when they won it all in 2003 for basketball I had to go to the same exact bar, order the same drink just as I did in their previous wins in the NCAA tournament.

My wife doesnt understand this. When the Yankees were playing Detroit in the ALCS this year in game 1, she was in the living room painting, I was in the living room watching the game, Yankees are losing. As soon as she goes in the bedroom Yankees tie it, when she comes back out Detroit scored 1 run in the 12th and I yell at her to go back. She got pissed, but ya gotta know you're Jinxing it.

When I was younger, I was very superstitious. I had to sit a certain way and wear the same clothes when my team was doing well. Not so much anymore.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #13   11/18/12 5:37:45PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by Shawn91111

When I was younger, I was very superstitious. I had to sit a certain way and wear the same clothes when my team was doing well. Not so much anymore.

I did this when the Mavs won the championship last year, as well as all the Rangers playoff games. If they were playing well I did not move an inch on the couch until the other team started to outplay them. I even made sure I was on the same couch...and that included me ordering my dad to move

A couple years ago me, my housemate and his girlfriend were watching the World Junior Championships and Canada was up 3-0 after 2 periods. They went upstairs to bang and Russia ended up scoring 5 goals that 3rd period...I will forever blame them for that collapse. I debated going up there when it was 3-3 and dragging them back downstairs but my buddy is a hairy bastard

before I tore a muscle in my shoulder, I was a pretty good pitcher playing AAA and varsity. Every time I finished an inning, I would go through the exact same routine: sit on the same spot on the bench, how much gatorade/water to drink, which sleeve of my jacket I put on first, and whether I drank before or after sitting. This would vary game to game but once I do it I must follow it every time out. Also after my warm up pitches, the 3rd baseman MUST receive and give me the ball after the throwdown to 2nd.

Last edited 11/18/12 6:19PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   11/18/12 6:13:22PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:
I recommend putting money against your favorite team, that way no matter what happens you win.

Post #15   11/19/12 10:31:02AM