Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Silva vs. St. Pierre?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
I am not a fan of superfights. If there is to be a champion vs. champion fight, I just want to see one of the two champions move to the others' weight division. For instance, GSP/Silva, I just want to see GSP move to MW. IF he wins, he can then be the MW champ and defend his belt there. That way, the WW division can go on. I don't want to see someone holding a belt in two divisions and holding up two divisions. There are enough delays in most divisions as it is.

If a superfight is being mentioned, it is because the champ has no competition left. If this is the case, be a man and try another division.

Last edited 11/18/12 3:34PM server time by MALICE
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   11/18/12 1:49:34PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Personally Silva and GSP is a circus fight....Silva and Jones is closer to a real fight but I think Machida and Evans would both beat Silva...Proabbly a few more guys with better chins...

Post #17   11/18/12 6:37:26PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,842-1,052
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I don't want to see it right now. GSP has comp at WW to last two years right now, and there are always more challengers coming out of the woodwork at WW. The WW belt has been held up too long as is.

GSP vs. Hendricks should be next. IMO, that's a tough style match for GSP. Hendricks has power and wrestling, and doesn't have the gas tank problems like Ellenberger. If GSP has a weak spot in his game, it has been his ability to take damage.

Post #18   11/18/12 6:51:10PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Plain and simple, you don't pass on the opportunity. The window for this fight to happen is small it has to be capitalized on.

Biggest fight in MMA history.

Post #19   11/18/12 7:26:13PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2