Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva says he won't fight again until the end of 2013

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the titleOh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

Wow you are clueless when it comes to evaluating MMA talent...

Plain and Simple great wrestling and very good BJJ is a recipe for greatness in any division but especially in a division with a guy who cant depend a takedown..Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Lets not fool ourselves...Chael is a puppet for the UFC and his GNP has alot to be desired...

The Bisping and Weidman fight could look a lot like Guida and Maynard....With Bisping sticking a pitter patter punch and doing lots of running...Bisping will get subbed too..

Let sissy boy take a year off and then let his homers say hes not in his prime or better yet if I know Silva he will say he was injured and took the fight anyway when he gets a beatdown..

I figured I would bold that part for since you are quick to jump on someone again, he never said Weidman wasn't good, just that he doesn't have name value of GSP or Bisping, so once again, you have a useless rant. Just so quick to rush to defend teh Weidman.

Question - How can Andee duck Weidman when, Weidman hasn't been given a title shot??

Buffalo Dave, I love how much you get it! Love it! Yes, Weidman is a good fighter, is he someone right now that I think is a real threat to take Silva's belt....no, not at the moment.

Post #31   11/13/12 9:49:16AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the titleOh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

Plain and Simple great wrestling and very good BJJ is a recipe for greatness in any division but especially in a division with a guy who cant depend a takedown..Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Lets not fool ourselves...Chael is a puppet for the UFC and his GNP has alot to be desired...

The Bisping and Weidman fight could look a lot like Guida and Maynard....With Bisping sticking a pitter patter punch and doing lots of running...Bisping will get subbed too..

Let sissy boy take a year off and then let his homers say hes not in his prime or better yet if I know Silva he will say he was injured and took the fight anyway when he gets a beatdown..

I figured I would bold that part for since you are quick to jump on someone again, he never said Weidman wasn't good, just that he doesn't have name value of GSP or Bisping, so once again, you have a useless rant. Just so quick to rush to defend teh Weidman.

Question - How can Andee duck Weidman when, Weidman hasn't been given a title shot??

Buffalo Dave, I love how much you get it! Love it! Yes, Weidman is a good fighter, is he someone right now that I think is a real threat to take Silva's belt....no, not at the moment.

I cant wait till the fight actually gets made.

Post #32   11/13/12 10:20:18AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

I cant wait till the fight actually gets made.

Better find a way, you have plenty of time to kill.

Post #33   11/13/12 11:10:37AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,240-1,521
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Why would he attend the event if he didn't plan to challenge GSP? I mean no really good middleweights are fighting and its all the way in Canada. The card itself isn't even that great. I think Silva is just pulling our leg.

The "card itself isn't even that great"????????

Personally I think UFC 154 is one of the most stacked cards of the year. I am scratching my head wondering what you feel constitutes a "great card".

Post #34   11/13/12 1:31:31PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by TeamDEY

Why would he attend the event if he didn't plan to challenge GSP? I mean no really good middleweights are fighting and its all the way in Canada. The card itself isn't even that great. I think Silva is just pulling our leg.

The "card itself isn't even that great"????????

Personally I think UFC 154 is one of the most stacked cards of the year. I am scratching my head wondering what you feel constitutes a "great card".

I dont think its that stacked at all... maybe with talen but I admittedly really dont know a lot of the undercard.

St Pierre Condit and Kampman vs Hendricks seem to be the only names stacking this card in terms of both fighters having names in the fights. Diabetes vs Griggs looks like one hell of an interesting fight but not a stacker by any means.

Post #35   11/13/12 1:39:07PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,596
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

teh kingsmasher, is this your dupe account?

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

He sounds like Chael SHOULD sound after pounding the Juice since age 6.....

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

Bisping and Weidman would resemble Guida and Maynard? Furthermore, Weidman will submit Bisping? That makes no sense. Maynard won a highly contentious split decision and there was practically no ground game. How Weidman winning by submission would look like that fight is beyond me.

Also, as much as I hate Chael Sonnen, I can't believe anybody is questioning the effectiveness of his ground and pound. That "puppet" trounced Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Then he set a record for strikes landed in a fight against the greatest fighter to ever live. He completely humiliated Brian Stann on the ground. Preposterous job

Post #36   11/13/12 2:49:21PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,596
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Also, I don't know if I really believe Silva. This is the same guy who was "going to retire at 35." I feel like when he says things about not fighting he is trying to cause a stir.

Post #37   11/13/12 2:52:10PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:
So there's going to be a interim champ right?

Post #38   11/13/12 3:05:53PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

teh kingsmasher, is this your dupe account?

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

He sounds like Chael SHOULD sound after pounding the Juice since age 6.....

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

Bisping and Weidman would resemble Guida and Maynard? Furthermore, Weidman will submit Bisping? That makes no sense. Maynard won a highly contentious split decision and there was practically no ground game. How Weidman winning by submission would look like that fight is beyond me.

Also, as much as I hate Chael Sonnen, I can't believe anybody is questioning the effectiveness of his ground and pound. That "puppet" trounced Miller, Okami and Marquardt. Then he set a record for strikes landed in a fight against the greatest fighter to ever live. He completely humiliated Brian Stann on the ground. Preposterous job

OK I will answer this one..

Chael has not fought a wrestler period.....Weidman made Munoz who teaches SIlvas camp wrestling look like a naughty little schoolgirl....Keep in mind...Munoz is a TWo Time All American Wrestler....

Back to Chael....Chael beat the three guys above who have zero takedown defense...Okami has gotten better......Butr Chael took Bisping and Okami to decision...IF HE HAD ANY GNP>>>IT WOULD NOT OF WENT TO DECISION...BESIDES Stann who is vastly overrated IMO...CHAEL HASNT FINISHED ANYONE IN HIS LAST HOW MANY FIGHTS...Didnt Okami get KTFO buy Tim Boetsch...

I dont care what anyone thinks but know this...If you trained in MMA, boxing or whatever "Silva" and a guy just wiped the floor with your wrestling coach "Munoz" and you get takendown easy....Would you feel good about that fight?

Why was Silva scared to go to the ground with Maia or Leites?

The best GNP in the business...IMO its Jon Jones....If you get a guy down and cant beat him....Especially with GNP or a sub you pretty much have serious holes in your game...

I said resemble Guida and Maynard cause Bisping will punch and run...Thats what he does...but I do know Weidman gets a hold of him its over....Bisping aint faced anyone....Nobody...Chael is a nobody...Hes there to fool people into pay per view buys by the UFC....People need to think for themselves and see how they are manipulated by media...Thats why people shouldnt even buy the Sonnen Jones card then you support the whack talk your way into a fight that Dana and Co hope you do...

Also I will go with what Matt Serra says and said like 2 years ago....Weidman will be the one Silva will lose to...

Long reach, Great Wrestling and BJJ is a recipe for Championship...

Its too bad the people here thinking Silva is so great with his "hand-picked" opponents....Which allows him to continue to dictate what fights we see...

If you dont demand the best to fight the best you end up with a half assed sport...

Post #39   11/13/12 4:01:03PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Chael has not fought a wrestler period.....Weidman made Munoz who teaches SIlvas camp wrestling look like a naughty little schoolgirl....Keep in mind...Munoz is a TWo Time All American Wrestler....

Back to Chael....Chael beat the three guys above who have zero takedown defense...Okami has gotten better......Butr Chael took Bisping and Okami to decision...IF HE HAD ANY GNP>>>IT WOULD NOT OF WENT TO DECISION...BESIDES Stann who is vastly overrated IMO...CHAEL HASNT FINISHED ANYONE IN HIS LAST HOW MANY FIGHTS...Didnt Okami get KTFO buy Tim Boetsch...

I dont care what anyone thinks but know this...If you trained in MMA, boxing or whatever "Silva" and a guy just wiped the floor with your wrestling coach "Munoz" and you get takendown easy....Would you feel good about that fight?

The best GNP in the business...IMO its Jon Jones....If you get a guy down and cant beat him....Especially with GNP or a sub you pretty much have serious holes in your game...

I said resemble Guida and Maynard cause Bisping will punch and run...Thats what he does...but I do know Weidman gets a hold of him its over....Bisping aint faced anyone....Nobody...Chael is a nobody...Hes there to fool people into pay per view buys by the UFC....People need to think for themselves and see how they are manipulated by media...Thats why people shouldnt even buy the Sonnen Jones card then you support the whack talk your way into a fight that Dana and Co hope you do...

Also I will go with what Matt Serra says and said like 2 years ago....Weidman will be the one Silva will lose to...

Its too bad the people here thinking Silva is so great with his "hand-picked" opponents....Which allows him to continue to dictate what fights we see...

If you dont demand the best to fight the best you end up with a half assed sport...

Holy hell, man.

I even think Weidman has more of a chance than a lot of people do, but that post is just crazy.

Post #40   11/13/12 4:29:02PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I found this post so disappointing....

You wrote "the" every single time.

Post #41   11/13/12 8:32:10PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I would much rather be manipulated by the media, than read your horrid opinions.

Bisping aint face anyone...Nobody... And your great Chris Weidman has???

Post #42   11/13/12 10:05:06PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Okami and Bisping have phenomenal takedown defense.

Post #43   11/13/12 11:01:17PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:
My head starts pounding when I start reading teh kingsmashers rhetoric.

You say that because Serra said Weidman would be the one to beat Silva that that is why it would happen? Serra also said he would defend his belt against GSP and that je would beat Hughes. Neither happened

Weidman has a good shot at beating Silva but just because Weidman took out Munoz, who just happened to be Andersons wrestling coach, doesnt mean that he will beat Silva. But hey, lets have someone else who has NEVER heard or seen anything MMA tells us how it would go down

Last edited 11/13/12 11:19PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #44   11/13/12 11:19:02PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Montreal has some of the best strip clubs in the continent

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #45   11/14/12 9:07:34AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3