Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva says he won't fight again until the end of 2013

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

Take his belt. Not trying to hate on the guy or anything but if he's intentionally sitting out almost a full year then there's no reason he should hold the belt.

The UFC has enough talent that he can wiat to fight a clear #1. It's pretty obvious there is no one that has stepped out of the pack. Bisping IMO is clearly trying the hardest to do that though.

If you wait too long you'll have contenders sitting on the sidelines or knocking each other off. Most of these guys are only 1-2 fights away at the most. If Bisping beats Belfort IMO he's deserving of a shot and you can already make a case for Weidman but at worst all he needs is one more win. There's usually no positive outcome when your champion sits out a full year.

Post #16   11/12/12 8:05:10PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

teh kingsmasher, is this your dupe account?

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

He sounds like Chael SHOULD sound after pounding the Juice since age 6.....

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

Wow you are clueless when it comes to evaluating MMA talent...

Plain and Simple great wrestling and very good BJJ is a recipe for greatness in any division but especially in a division with a guy who cant depend a takedown..Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Lets not fool ourselves...Chael is a puppet for the UFC and his GNP has alot to be desired...

The Bisping and Weidman fight could look a lot like Guida and Maynard....With Bisping sticking a pitter patter punch and doing lots of running...Bisping will get subbed too..

Let sissy boy take a year off and then let his homers say hes not in his prime or better yet if I know Silva he will say he was injured and took the fight anyway when he gets a beatdown..

Post #17   11/12/12 8:57:03PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Chips:
"Wow you are clueless when it comes to evaluating MMA talent"

Let's be serious here. You're the last guy who needs to accuse someone of being clueless.

Post #18   11/12/12 9:11:05PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the titleOh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

Plain and Simple great wrestling and very good BJJ is a recipe for greatness in any division but especially in a division with a guy who cant depend a takedown..Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Lets not fool ourselves...Chael is a puppet for the UFC and his GNP has alot to be desired...

The Bisping and Weidman fight could look a lot like Guida and Maynard....With Bisping sticking a pitter patter punch and doing lots of running...Bisping will get subbed too..

Let sissy boy take a year off and then let his homers say hes not in his prime or better yet if I know Silva he will say he was injured and took the fight anyway when he gets a beatdown..

I figured I would bold that part for since you are quick to jump on someone again, he never said Weidman wasn't good, just that he doesn't have name value of GSP or Bisping, so once again, you have a useless rant. Just so quick to rush to defend teh Weidman.

Question - How can Andee duck Weidman when, Weidman hasn't been given a title shot??

Post #19   11/12/12 9:18:50PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Two things.

Number one. Classic kingsmasher post.

Second. I'd love to see Weidman beat the brakes off Silva. Who knows. If Andy's serious about taking a year off, that gives Chris more time to refine his craft. If he can tighten up his striking, he has all the tools to beat Silva.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #20   11/12/12 10:01:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Chips:
I doubt it.
He needs to defend his belt
If weidman wins he is hands down number one contender
You don't win 6 in a row and not be in mention for a title shot

Christ cote beat 4 Ufc cans and got a title shot

Post #21   11/12/12 10:08:17PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I doubt it.
He needs to defend his belt
If weidman wins he is hands down number one contender
You don't win 6 in a row and not be in mention for a title shot

Christ cote beat 4 Ufc cans and got a title shot

Unless your name is Jon Fitch.

Post #22   11/12/12 10:21:45PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,547-1,624
Chips:
Damn, Kingsmasher is about to win my vote for biggest nuthugger......currently it's Chael_Sonnen but your coming along nicely.

Post #23   11/12/12 11:29:04PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher
Weidman will sub Silva or beat teh brakes off his bald head with nasty GnP...Elbow city...

Do you do that on purpose?? It really is way too common to be an accident.

Anyway, I can't defend Silva here. There is no good excuse for a champ to take a year off.

I think he's probably just waiting for them to throw more money at him though. I doubt he will actually take this layoff.

He's a good negotiator. He said he wouldn't fight Jones and then Dana came out and said "he will when he sees how much money I'm offering." Now he suddenly wants the fight. It's all just a game.

Post #24   11/13/12 12:04:20AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Anderson is not a peoples champ. He is a money champ. Always trying to make more.

GOAT? Yeah Greatest at milking his championship.

Strip him of the title I say. Have Bisping fight whomever they see fit for the title. If Anderson wants it back then he will have to fight for it

Post #25   11/13/12 12:21:36AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by george112

Anderson is not a peoples champ. He is a money champ. Always trying to make more.

GOAT? Yeah Greatest at milking his championship.

Strip him of the title I say. Have Bisping fight whomever they see fit for the title. If Anderson wants it back then he will have to fight for it

^^ This is funny. Hes not really a money champ. He WILL get paid, be sure of that. Anderson wants to secure an unbeatable legacy which includes two things, not losing, and big names to beat.

Post #26   11/13/12 1:22:25AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

I'm sorry man but that's crazy...

Post #27   11/13/12 1:55:19AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
who cares, andy always says crap like this then ends up getting booked for fight. wasn't he already suppose to have retired like 3 times already. prb just trying to more money or just pull everyone's leg so he can call out GSP....

and weidman subbing andy is idiotic, the only thing andy has shown a weakness in is takedown defense. and andy on the ground has shown to be lethal, just ask the 3 guys to get him on the mat lutter, hendo, & chael. of course all 3 had different ways of doing it but just saying, the 3 guys who ever got andy on the ground got subbed.

Post #28   11/13/12 2:35:52AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

You know it, dont lie

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

Not sure if this is worth replying to but I will anyway.

How can you talk about being clueless at evaluating MMA talent when right after you go on to trash the most dominant fighter in MMA history, with a perfect record in the UFC spanning years? Silva may get taken down sometimes but when he does he sub's the person foolish enough to try it. I know Weidman looks a contender but the way you carry on as if it's a given that he will beat Silva is insane.

IMO put Weidman in a cage with Silva right now and Weidman get's taught a lesson like a naughty schoolboy. He'd walk out of that cage looking average.

Post #29   11/13/12 9:04:54AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

How can you talk about being clueless at evaluating MMA talent when right after you go on to trash the most dominant fighter in MMA history, with a perfect record in the UFC spanning years? Silva may get taken down sometimes but when he does he sub's the person foolish enough to try it. I know Weidman looks a contender but the way you carry on as if it's a given that he will beat Silva is insane.

IMO put Weidman in a cage with Silva right now and Weidman get's taught a lesson like a naughty schoolboy. He'd walk out of that cage looking average.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not really interested in arguing about the future because there is no way to prove I'm right.

But I expect that when Weidman finally does fight Anderson, it will be a humbling experience.

Wediman is not a better contender than Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Yushin Okami, or Nate Marquardt.

He's a good up and coming fighter but nothing more. After Anderson destroys him he will go back into the division and be properly tested and given time to work out the kinks in his game. Honestly its a shame that he's being talked about for a title shot this soon. It would be better in the long term for his career if he waited a while.

Post #30   11/13/12 9:13:47AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3