Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva says he won't fight again until the end of 2013

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When Anderson Silva knocked Stephan Bonnar into retirement in early October, it was believed that the UFC had bypassed a key hurdle on the way to a Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre super fight. The last obstacle will come on Nov. 17, when GSP faces Carlos Condit. With a St-Pierre win, there would be no major contender issues, and talk could finally turn to financial matters in putting together what would clearly be one of the biggest money fights in mixed martial arts history.

But in the final days before St-Pierre vs. Condit, expectations may have to be tempered. In a Monday interview with Tatame, Silva said that he has no plans to challenge St-Pierre after the completion of UFC 154, and furthermore said that he did not expect to fight again until the end of 2013...

Full Story

Post #1   11/12/12 4:12:07PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #2   11/12/12 4:13:40PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
who's ducking who now? At least he's not milking some minor injury. Still a lame reason to take a year off.

Bisping/Belfort winner vs Weidman/Boetsch winner for the interim MW title? Winner of that fights Silva at the end of the year since we all know interim champions is a fancy way of saying #1 contender that will wait 8 months to fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   11/12/12 4:26:26PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,519-865
Chips:
Wtf I wasn't aware champions could take time off for movie rolls Save that shit for when you're retired. I would be choked if I was Dana, he`s holding up a division that has a lot of top contenders, I just think taking over a year off with a pretty lame excuse seems pointless to me.

Post #4   11/12/12 4:58:43PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Imagine that

The older he gets the more a loss wont look so bad

Post #5   11/12/12 5:13:56PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by george112

Imagine that

The older he gets the more a loss wont look so bad

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

Post #6   11/12/12 5:24:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

No, he's hoping like shit that his wrinkly ass can duck Weidman. No way Weidman sits out a year.

teh kingsmasher, is this your dupe account?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   11/12/12 5:35:52PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Also noteworthy about the Silva situation is that the 37-year-old has two fights left on his current contract and could be angling for a lucrative extension, especially with a huge-money fight a possibility.

Just like the end of the article stated, I think that is exactly what he doing.

By saying he is taking all this time off, it's just gonna get Zuffa to throw more money at him to comeback sooner, either for the stupid GSP fight, or to actually defend his title.

Post #8   11/12/12 6:02:45PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

He sounds like Chael SHOULD sound after pounding the Juice since age 6.....

Post #9   11/12/12 6:11:47PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

You know it, dont lie

Thats why he went to two decisions against pure Jitz guys. Anderson cant stand BJJ guys because pressing them equals getting taken down. In this case its the first time since Yushin Okami that a BJJ badass will have the tools to press Anderson AND sub him/mount etc.

Thats why he's ducking my friends. I highly doubt anyone gives more than two shits about an Anderson Silva movie. He already made it clear he's getting fat and training future superstars after retirement. Not gonna be a 40 year old bruce Lee imo, not pretty enough and cant speak English... and that god awful high pitch...

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   11/12/12 6:43:51PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
Take his belt. Not trying to hate on the guy or anything but if he's intentionally sitting out almost a full year then there's no reason he should hold the belt.

Post #11   11/12/12 6:47:05PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Take his belt. Not trying to hate on the guy or anything but if he's intentionally sitting out almost a full year then there's no reason he should hold the belt.

The UFC has enough talent that he can wiat to fight a clear #1. It's pretty obvious there is no one that has stepped out of the pack. Bisping IMO is clearly trying the hardest to do that though.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #12   11/12/12 6:57:02PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Why would he attend the event if he didn't plan to challenge GSP? I mean no really good middleweights are fighting and its all the way in Canada. The card itself isn't even that great. I think Silva is just pulling our leg.

Post #13   11/12/12 7:00:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I agree....this is why we have Interim Champs, a good belt would be the winners of Weiman vs Botsch and Bisping vs Belfort.

Post #14   11/12/12 7:03:25PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

You know it, dont lie

No need to be Bruce Lee when he is the Greatest DEFENDING champion in MMA history. I think it's good he is taking time off to get shit together before he retires. All the Weidman talk needs to stop when Bisping beats Vitor that should make him #1 cause it's pretty clear he fights WAY better comp than Weidman. Oh he beat one guy and should be fighting for the title Oh and Weidman is NO GSP hell he is no Bisping when it comes to having a name.

He is ducking no one he is probably getting his body used to a lighter weight to fight GSP. Cause we all know GSP won't fight for at least another 6 months.

I think Bisping could win a title shot but its no convincing a single person on earth that Bisping will survive any longer than Yushin.... Give him the shot I'd love Anderson to get a freebie for his 11th def.

Post #15   11/12/12 7:06:13PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3