Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why UFC on FUEL events might be the most difficult UFC events to do correctly

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It may appear as if the UFC's smallest event series carries the fewest challenges to successfully stage or leverage, but a closer reveals precisely the opposite. Luckily, despite a few early hiccups, UFC leadership are getting better and better at getting all of the details right.

After Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 6, the UFC completed its first year of contractual obligations to that FOX family channel in terms of live event programming. What we've witnessed in the last year is that while these shows are often wildly entertaining with meaningful bouts, they are much more difficult to plan and construct than their size and scope would indicate.

The following are four of the key challenges the UFC faces with this franchise. None of the problems have been perfectly solved for and some of these solutions the UFC has proposed work better than others. Nevertheless, it's important to understand why the most minor of the UFC's branded series may be some of the more difficult shows for the UFC to properly promote and leverage.

Link

Post #1   11/12/12 12:50:47AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Not to mention the difficulty for people like me to watch.

There is a huge chunk of the population here that can't watch because of the channel being Fuel. It all comes down to cable provider and a lot of people around here use Comcast which doesn't have fuel unless you are paying for the 3rd tier channel plan (which is over priced).

A deal with ESPN would be monumental. But I know that can't happen right now. Not only would a broader audience be reached but more people would watch.

Oh well play by plays for me until something changes

Post #2   11/12/12 7:11:25AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

There is a huge chunk of the population here that can't watch because of the channel being Fuel. It all comes down to cable provider and a lot of people around here use Comcast which doesn't have fuel unless you are paying for the 3rd tier channel plan (which is over priced).

A deal with ESPN would be monumental. But I know that can't happen right now. Not only would a broader audience be reached but more people would watch.

Fuel cards are almost impossible to not find on google. The live streams are easy to get and the replays usually remain up as well, as it isn't from a PPV that they would like to protect. You should be able to catch almost all of the fuel fights if you look for them.

Post #3   11/12/12 9:17:32AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

Fuel cards are almost impossible to not find on google. The live streams are easy to get and the replays usually remain up as well, as it isn't from a PPV that they would like to protect. You should be able to catch almost all of the fuel fights if you look for them.

That's assuming you have a laptop or access to high speed internet.

I myself only have my EVO LTE. And while it is fast and while I have streamed a card on it before its almost not even worth it. It drains my battery like no other and even when hooked up to the charger its using more current then the charger is putting back into the phone causing major overheating .

Now I know most people these days have computer access but nevertheless the problem wouldnt exist with a better suited channel.

Like I said ill deal . And read the play by play until my laptop is fixed/Comcast gets Fuel

Post #4   11/12/12 9:26:09AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
the problem is that the UFC has to put on free events on THREE channels: FOX, FX and FUEL. Fuel is a waste if like 10-15% of the American population has access to this channel (because that's all these numbers indicate). If they scrap this and only use FOX and FX, they will be fine. They did alright with only using Spike and VS, so why are they forced to keep putting on these events that draw poor ratings. Plus they are kind of shafting the international markets with "watered down cards" (I enjoy all fights but I wouldn't pay $150+ to see that live like I've done for the Toronto and Montreal cards).

I'm speaking as an outsider who can watch every non PPV event and PPV prelims on a single channel, Sportsnet, so I don't have the problem most Americans do. I wonder how big of an increase these numbers would get if they included Canadian viewership....

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   11/12/12 1:03:21PM