Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MMA pioneer Dan Severn wants late peer Jeff Blatnick in UFC Hall of Fame

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC Hall of Famer Dan Severn will remember friend and 1984 Greco-Roman wrestling American gold medalist Jeff Blatnick for his ability to stretch the imagination.

They'd known each other since the late 1970s because Blatnick's Greco-Roman style had few practice spaces, so he sought out freestyle wrestling haunts that Severn frequented.

They last saw each other Sept. 15, a few months before Blatnick's untimely death.

Link

Post #1   11/9/12 2:50:55PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:944-621
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
i agree, he should be in

Post #2   11/9/12 2:52:06PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:
I have to agree with Dan here, Blatnick was a pioneer in MMA commentary. Although I wasn't real keen on him at first, I grew to like him because his knowledge. Although he was a wrestler, he saw Wrestling, BJJ and Standup as equals. WAR BLATNICK FOR UFC HOF

Post #3   11/9/12 3:04:52PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Seriously, who gives a flying fuck about the "UFC Hall of Fame"?! A few decades from now there'll be an MMA HOF and I'm sure Blatnick will be justly recognized when the time comes.

UFC's "HOF" is a promotional tool. Nothing more, nothing less. The only reason why they have a HOF is so they could market returning fighters like Tank back in the day or squeeze the last drops of milk from the tit of careers like Ken and Tito. It's a fictitious/nonexistant "hall" with no plaques. Simply a space in the imagination of MMA fans where the spirits of sullied careers, friends of Zuffa, and sentimental beings (like Mask) exist.

Enough already.

Post #4   11/9/12 4:50:02PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck about the "UFC Hall of Fame"?! A few decades from now there'll be an MMA HOF and I'm sure Blatnick will be justly recognized when the time comes.

UFC's "HOF" is a promotional tool. Nothing more, nothing less. The only reason why they have a HOF is so they could market returning fighters like Tank back in the day or squeeze the last drops of milk from the tit of careers like Ken and Tito. It's a fictitious/nonexistant "hall" with no plaques. Simply a space in the imagination of MMA fans where the spirits of sullied careers, friends of Zuffa, and sentimental beings (like Mask) exist.

Enough already.

I get what you're saying, but the sentimental side of me says that even if it's not a real building at this point, others are already there and he deserves to be too.

Post #5   11/9/12 5:02:31PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by bojangalz

Enough already.

I get what you're saying, but the sentimental side of me says that even if it's not a real building at this point, others are already there and he deserves to be too.

Post #6   11/9/12 5:37:14PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I have to agree with Dan here, Blatnick was a pioneer in MMA commentary. Although I wasn't real keen on him at first, I grew to like him because his knowledge. Although he was a wrestler, he saw Wrestling, BJJ and Standup as equals. WAR BLATNICK FOR UFC HOF

^ what he said

Post #7   11/9/12 5:59:05PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Get him in, no doubt.

Post #8   11/9/12 7:22:05PM