Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: UFC 154 already has registered a $3.1 million live gate

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC President Dana White has no doubts next week's UFC 154 event will be a hit at the box office.

He said the Nov. 17 event, which takes place at Montreal's Bell Centre, has already registered a live-gate total of $3.1 million gate.

Additionally, with week-of-event sales and a late push, he thinks the pay-per-view event could approach the organization's previous numbers in Montreal. Even if the organization may have overpriced the tickets.

"We're still a week and a half out," White said today during a UFC 154 media call. "I heard rumblings about this gate not doing well and Georges St-Pierre not selling out (the event). We're at $3.1 million right now.

"I wouldn't say the gate sucks. The biggest gate you can do there is $4 million, which is what we did last time with Georges St-Pierre."

LINK

Post #1   11/7/12 4:41:03PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,270-1,339
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I know I got my tickets. I've yet to miss a Montreal UFC and don't plan on it with GSP's return!

Post #2   11/7/12 6:01:16PM