Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anthony Johnson Open to Heavyweight Super Fight Against Andrei Arlovski

Print  
Who would you pick in this HW matchup?
Anthony Johnson 20 44%
Andrei Arlovski 25 56%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the fight if it happens.

Only problem I have is for Johnson, who is building his name back up with a string of wins, and now finally looks good in a division he can make weight at, is now gonna jump up to HW and risk his momentum he has built.

I would heavily take AA in this fight. Since his bad run in SF, he is mounting a comeback, and seems to have a bit of confidence back, as each time he has fought since the losing he has looked better and better. Definitely would be AJ's toughest fight since the UFC.

Post #16   11/5/12 10:34:33PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
not even close for me, AA a former hw champ vs a sub par LHW who former fought at WW. AA would knock his block off in the 1st rd... yes AA doesnt have the greatest chin but lets not forget he has been fighting HWs. i thinks it is a safe assumption to say getting hit by a HW feels way worse that any lighter class. With all the added weight AJ would be slower and out shape since he wouldn't worry about what he can eat or how much he weights. AA is better than AJ where ever the fight goes. At HW AJ would would have too much fat to handle AA's movement, speed, and power....

Post #17   11/6/12 1:36:37AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Manak

not even close for me, AA a former hw champ vs a sub par LHW who former fought at WW. AA would knock his block off in the 1st rd... yes AA doesnt have the greatest chin but lets not forget he has been fighting HWs. i thinks it is a safe assumption to say getting hit by a HW feels way worse that any lighter class. With all the added weight AJ would be slower and out shape since he wouldn't worry about what he can eat or how much he weights. AA is better than AJ where ever the fight goes. At HW AJ would would have too much fat to handle AA's movement, speed, and power....

Yeah I think I would have to agree with this assessment.

Post #18   11/6/12 8:33:11AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Chips:
The biggest reason that I would pick AA to win this is that a move to HW would allow AJ to get lazy. AJ is a pretty big guy, but there are other big guys that work really hard to keep their weight down and then cut to make weight several weight classes below HW. Those guys are putting in a lot of hard work to more areas than just technique. Complacency leads to lacking in more areas than just keeping your weight down.

With all that said, I'm still not even leaning toward AA as high as 70% in this fight simply due to a somewhat suspect chin and AJ's ability to KO people with one shot. Power is power, and I think it only increases as he moves up in weight.

Post #19   11/6/12 11:31:02AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
"I want to be the first guy, I don’t know if anybody’s ever done it, but I want to be the first guy to fight four weight classes at one time.” - AJ

Kenny Florian's been there, done that

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   11/6/12 11:50:03AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

"I want to be the first guy, I don’t know if anybody’s ever done it, but I want to be the first guy to fight four weight classes at one time.” - AJ

but does it count if you miss weight half the time?? plus Florian got title shots but just was always destined to be a bride's maid

Post #21   11/6/12 1:54:39PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bubbles

but does it count if you miss weight half the time?? plus Florian got title shots but just was always destined to be a bride's maid

Brian Ebersoles on 4 and is considering 5
Joe Riggs is on 4 as well

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #22   11/6/12 2:15:57PM   

alienkiller89

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-20
Chips:
let's look at this headline a little more closely. a "super fight" implies that a lot of people are really pumped and excited about this potential fight. i believe that this is not the case lol

Post #23   11/6/12 2:34:28PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Manak

Posted by Bubbles

Brian Ebersoles on 4 and is considering 5
Joe Riggs is on 4 as well

BJ!!!!!!!

Post #24   11/6/12 2:59:05PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2