Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Eddie Alvarez Is Now A Free Agent

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
My mind went two directions. The first was I can think of several exciting match ups for Eddie and I'd be interested to see how he holds up against the UFC's top 10. The second thought was that it kind of solidifies the thought that even the UFC's biggest competition is functioning as a feeder program to the big boys which is ok on a certain level but is sad from a competition level. Belator puts on great cards and they by no means are without talent but Eddie was obviously the most interesting option to fight Chandler again and it leaves their lightweight division hurting specifically after the pitbull KO. I'm a big UFC fan and I watch everything I can find on axstv, online, and on mtv2 transitioning to spike but it's rough on the competition when one company has so much weight to throw around.

This entire post is assuming Alvarex is heading to ZUFFA but I think we've pretty well all made that assumption by now.

Last edited 11/4/12 11:36PM server time by jlock003
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   11/4/12 11:35:46PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Eddie is going to the highest Bidder. UFC could be the highest bidder, but they have been known to shoot lowball offers. Nothing's set in stone yet we will see.

Post #17   11/5/12 12:12:31AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

My mind went two directions. The first was I can think of several exciting match ups for Eddie and I'd be interested to see how he holds up against the UFC's top 10. The second thought was that it kind of solidifies the thought that even the UFC's biggest competition is functioning as a feeder program to the big boys which is ok on a certain level but is sad from a competition level. Belator puts on great cards and they by no means are without talent but Eddie was obviously the most interesting option to fight Chandler again and it leaves their lightweight division hurting specifically after the pitbull KO. I'm a big UFC fan and I watch everything I can find on axstv, online, and on mtv2 transitioning to spike but it's rough on the competition when one company has so much weight to throw around.

This entire post is assuming Alvarex is heading to ZUFFA but I think we've pretty well all made that assumption by now.

Things will pick up. The UFCs format wont be dominant forever.

Post #18   11/5/12 9:12:10AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The UFC will make a push I think. But WSOF should to imo. They need all the big names they can get. Invest . It will pay off

Post #19   11/5/12 9:25:17AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,824-954
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The UFC would have jumped on this with all kinds of offers, but the Chandler loss will probably keep them reserved.

Post #20   11/5/12 10:20:36AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by george112

The UFC will make a push I think. But WSOF should to imo. They need all the big names they can get. Invest . It will pay off

I think Alvarez will choose the UFC for the biggest show. BUT, WSOF needs Alvarez because he's ranked and exciting. Can crush!!!

Post #21   11/5/12 10:58:14AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

I just dont see a huge contract really cause the LW division is exciting for the most part already...Granted he has had exciting fights...Is he gonna boost pay per views? I doubt it

I think Lombard got a big contract cause the division is weak for contenders and Silva title fights...

So the UFC won't give Eddie a big deal, because there is a lot of excitement in the division already??? What great logic,

Maybe Lombard got a big contract because he was one of the best, if not the best MW not in the UFC.

His post was a jaw dropper yet again. Great come back BuffaloDave. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Post #22   11/5/12 11:58:51AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

I just dont see a huge contract really cause the LW division is exciting for the most part already...Granted he has had exciting fights...Is he gonna boost pay per views? I doubt it

I think Lombard got a big contract cause the division is weak for contenders and Silva title fights...

So the UFC won't give Eddie a big deal, because there is a lot of excitement in the division already??? What great logic,

Maybe Lombard got a big contract because he was one of the best, if not the best MW not in the UFC.

Yeah exactly I will explain it to you since I can tell your slow by your avatar...

They paid Lombard big money thinking he would bring excitement to a rather boring division without any contenders to Silva....Look at the division...How many exciting fights are there really...One in Anderson Silva....Weidman will beat him but not might be exciting for most people..They hoped Lombard would come in crush Boetsch and set a Silva Lombard fight and get their investment back...

Did you think Bisping and Stann was exciting? I am sure Dana thoguht Lombard would come in and look like an action hero...but he didnt..

So an action exciting fighter at middleweight helps sell fights in that division....Now he sucked so basically you cant even let the guy be a Co-main Event on a pay per view....You also have to give him guys that will make him look good...Basically you will never see him fight a wrestler AGAIN...Palhares really? Guy has zero stand up...

Now the LW division....Its exciting...Most fights Are great do you really need to add Alvarez for 300 thou a fight and cause havoc from other fighters....How bout even 200 a fight....How bout 150?

Your train of thought is ridiculous...guys can bang and get paid for stuff like that and it will just lead this sport to the early days...make it more of a joke...no game planning just swing for the fences....Believe it...Thats what Dana wants..WWE antics and swing for the fences...so you can watch that with your raccoon catching show in between..and Dana has you on his finger as a little puppet...

Doesnt matter after Alvarez faces a couple guys in teh UFC he wont matter...

I still bet he doesnt even come to the UFC...Hed rather look like a champ than face the best competition...

Last edited 11/5/12 3:14PM server time by kingsmasher

Post #23   11/5/12 3:10:55PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I doubt Alvarez coomes to UFC....I think he gets KOed by Pettis and def Cerrone first round....

His chin is way too weak to invest in big money IMO....Pitbull rocked him and looked like backed off...Cerrone woulda swarmed and subbed his overrated self...

Post #24   11/5/12 3:16:42PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
oh kingsmasher getting a little rude calling Dave slow. Keep insulting people kingsmasher. it enhances your argument & the mods love it!!!!

The only sign I've seen of Dave being slow is that he is a Buffalo fan.

Last edited 11/5/12 3:45PM server time by Poor_Franklin

Post #25   11/5/12 3:44:52PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

oh kingsmasher getting a little rude calling Dave slow. Keep insulting people kingsmasher. it enhances your argument & the mods love it!!!!

The only sign I've seen of Dave being slow is that he is a Buffalo fan.

Ding ding ding. Franklin, great post. HAHAHA. Love it.
The comments just keep getting better. It's entertaining. I can't believe the things he is saying...wait, yes I can believe it, cause it happens in every thread. HAHAHA

Last edited 11/5/12 4:26PM server time by Theoutlaw08

Post #26   11/5/12 4:25:37PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher
Yeah exactly I will explain it to you since I can tell your slow by your avatar...

They paid Lombard big money thinking he would bring excitement to a rather boring division without any contenders to Silva....Look at the division...How many exciting fights are there really...One in Anderson Silva....Weidman will beat him but not might be exciting for most people..They hoped Lombard would come in crush Boetsch and set a Silva Lombard fight and get their investment back...

Did you think Bisping and Stann was exciting? I am sure Dana thoguht Lombard would come in and look like an action hero...but he didnt..

So an action exciting fighter at middleweight helps sell fights in that division....Now he sucked so basically you cant even let the guy be a Co-main Event on a pay per view....You also have to give him guys that will make him look good...Basically you will never see him fight a wrestler AGAIN...Palhares really? Guy has zero stand up...

Now the LW division....Its exciting...Most fights Are great do you really need to add Alvarez for 300 thou a fight and cause havoc from other fighters....How bout even 200 a fight....How bout 150?

Your train of thought is ridiculous...guys can bang and get paid for stuff like that and it will just lead this sport to the early days...make it more of a joke...no game planning just swing for the fences....Believe it...Thats what Dana wants..WWE antics and swing for the fences...so you can watch that with your raccoon catching show in between..and Dana has you on his finger as a little puppet...

he's slow because of his avatar??? You aren't one to talk

There are a bunch of exciting fighters at MW: Bisping, Vitor, Leben, Belcher, Stann, Franklin, Wanderlei, Le, etc etc. And yes, Bisping vs Stann was a good fight. They brought Lombard in because, at the time, he was the best MW in the world not signed to Zuffa and Silva needed new faces to fight. Yes it helped he was an exciting fighter, but that isn't the sole reason...if they only sign exciting fighters then explain the signing of Antonio McKee.

There aren't many wrestlers towards the top of MW anyways besides Munoz and Weidman...Shields too (now that Sonnen is at LHW), so yes it may take a while. Lombard called out Munoz so there's a wrestler he WANTS to fight. So what if Palhares can't strike, it doesn't make him any less dangerous.

what the hell does your last paragraph have to do with anything here? Apply the first line of it to yourself

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #27   11/5/12 5:17:03PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Doesnt matter after Alvarez faces a couple guys in teh UFC he wont matter...

I still bet he doesnt even come to the UFC...Hed rather look like a champ than face the best competition...

LOL, You can tell I'm slow because of the pick in my avatar, Good thing it's a pick of the Turtle Man, But what's your excuse??

Why are you so wrapped up on excitement being the factor why Lombard was paid good?? It's not that hard to understand that the reason he was paid, was for nonetheless the reason I originally stated. There's actually quite a few people who seem to agree with me as well.

My train of thought is ridiculous?? Just re-read pretty much anything you post.

It may sound like I'm copping out of a debate here with you, but if anything you posted there made any sense to anyone but yourself, I might have actually dabbed in it a little more. So, as the old saying goes, "You can't fix stupid"

Last edited 11/5/12 10:24PM server time by buffalodave

Post #28   11/5/12 10:20:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2