Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Eddie Alvarez Is Now A Free Agent

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
Former Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez was given his release from a 90-day exclusive negotiating period with Bellator early, according to Alvarez. That makes him a free agent, and allows him to sign with any promotion - such as the UFC - if he elects to.

Bellator typically holds fighters to a 90-day window where they can match any offer received. Alvarez had his contract expire after a recent victory over Patricky Pitbull in October.

"Bjorn Rebney (Bellator CEO) was gracious enough to give us our release papers early, earlier than what we were contractually to get, he gave it to us (last) Friday," said Alvarez, talking with MMAInterviews.TV over the weekend. "So, we're going to try to move it along as fast as possible for myself and for Bellator. We'll see. Nothing's set in stone and I'm just waiting to see what happens."

LINK

Post #1   11/4/12 6:11:13PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Eddie is UFC bound, no doubt

Post #2   11/4/12 6:15:55PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Post #3   11/4/12 6:45:22PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Eddie is UFC bound, no doubt

Post #4   11/4/12 6:53:59PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Well it was obvious he was gonna at the least be able to see what the UFC has to offer....

I just dont see a huge contract really cause the LW division is exciting for the most part already...Granted he has had exciting fights...Is he gonna boost pay per views? I doubt it

I just cant see Alvarez being so aggressive against guys like Cerrone, Pettis, Guillard,

I think Lombard got a big contract cause the division is weak for contenders and Silva title fights...

Post #5   11/4/12 7:24:59PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Finally, not going to be a champion but he's going to be a fun fight on every card.

Post #6   11/4/12 7:56:59PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Well it was obvious he was gonna at the least be able to see what the UFC has to offer....

I just dont see a huge contract really cause the LW division is exciting for the most part already...Granted he has had exciting fights...Is he gonna boost pay per views? I doubt it

I just cant see Alvarez being so aggressive against guys like Cerrone, Pettis, Guillard,

I think Lombard got a big contract cause the division is weak for contenders and Silva title fights...

TV cards hopefully

Post #7   11/4/12 8:00:19PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
Frankie Edger was the poor man's Eddie Alvarez and look what he did in the LW division, it is going to take a dynamic and versatile opponent to stop him. Guillard and Guida will get beaten IMO, now a Cerrone / Pettis / Diaz is what it's going to take to slow him down.

Post #8   11/4/12 8:23:03PM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:2,109-1,347
Chips:
UFC sign him, put him on the super bowl card against maybe the Varner/Guillard winner or Cerrone if Pettis doesn't make it to their long rumored showdown.
I think you showcase him on the big card against a "fun" matchup stylistically, and then give him a contender, like a Maynard.

Post #9   11/4/12 9:24:31PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

So the UFC won't give Eddie a big deal, because there is a lot of excitement in the division already??? What great logic,

Maybe Lombard got a big contract because he was one of the best, if not the best MW not in the UFC.

Post #10   11/4/12 9:31:06PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

So the UFC won't give Eddie a big deal, because there is a lot of excitement in the division already??? What great logic,

Maybe Lombard got a big contract because he was one of the best, if not the best MW not in the UFC.

Post #11   11/4/12 9:46:58PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

^^ this would be true of Alvarez but dont expect much from him in the sense of a title.

Post #12   11/4/12 9:49:23PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
I hope Eddie signs with the UFC. There are a great many opponents who would be good match ups for him. There are a few match ups that would be very exciting. In the end though he lost quite a bit of stock when he lost to Michael Chandler. He gained a little back when he beat Aoki and the Pitbull but he still isn't worth what he would have been if he would have beaten Chandler. I don't think he is good enough to be UFC champ but I do feel he can get by the mid tier guys and some of the upper tier guys. Hopefully wee will find out soon enough.

Post #13   11/4/12 9:56:11PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

It baffles me man. Post after post.

Good stuff from you as always Dave

Post #14   11/4/12 10:03:49PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Eddie vs Diego Sanchez at 156
Book it

Post #15   11/4/12 11:05:45PM