Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WSOF After-thoughts

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
what are yall after-thoughts?

I for one am pleasantly impressed. not a bad card in my book. I do think though that the audience was horrendous.

my grade is a very strong B++

nice finishes.

Post #1   11/4/12 12:24:12AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Finishes were great, good refs and commentating . The crowd did suck though. I'd agree with a solid B to B +.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   11/4/12 12:28:12AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Finishes were great, good refs and commentating . The crowd did suck though. I'd agree with a solid B to B +.

hell yeah man. forgot to comment on the above par commentating. thoroughly enjoyed listening to Bas and his partner

Post #3   11/4/12 12:35:00AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
I only caught the last few fights but it was pretty good

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   11/4/12 12:35:59AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Went exactly how I thought it would minus Miguel failing to C competition.

I'll give it a B+ in its show. Great commentary and production, good matchmaking for exciting overmatched finishes and star power.

Great beginning show for staying power.

Post #5   11/4/12 12:55:36AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Went exactly how I thought it would minus Miguel failing to C competition.

I'll give it a B+ in its show. Great commentary and production, good matchmaking for exciting overmatched finishes and star power.

Great beginning show for staying power.

Well said .
Definitely made me want to watch the next event to see what it had to offer. But seriously what can beat a free card on basic cable?? Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Which is a good thing IMO

Post #6   11/4/12 1:03:38AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The prelim debacle was a pain in the ass but that's not their fault. NBCSports played a much larger role in that decision.

The fights themselves were very good. Several upsets and a few spectacular finishes. That reversed heel hook that Cavalcante hit O'Brien with was awesome and so was that one punch knockout Johnson pulled off.

The Sherdog stream was pretty crappy (Like they usually are). The sound was cutting in and out a lot but once the main card started things were good.

It was a little strange to see Michael Schiavello call the prelims and then vanish for the main card. Bas had a good showing as always though

I'm very interested in their 2nd show. I expect a few key improvements. They already have a great fight in the bag (Tyson Nam vs. Marlon Moraes). I wonder if they'll get Arlovski and Johnson to fight again as well since neither guy really took any damage.

Overall I'd say their first show was a success. If I had to give it a letter grade it would be a B.

Sefo is a good guy who has a passion for combat sports. I can't wait to see if this works out for him.

Post #7   11/4/12 1:50:43AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,590-915
Chips:
Got back from work and just watched main card and JZ fight. Overall was a sick event.

The Johnson KO was incredible and seeing Arlovski get another slick KO was just the best. Kinda bummed Torres and Harris lost though.

Spong looked like a beast donèt see many guys make their MMA debuts in such devastating fashion like that, even though the guy he fought was a can I hope Spong does well in MMA which is likely considering hes only 27.

Post #8   11/4/12 1:36:10AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:
(Negatives)

- Mike Straka
- Gap between prelims and main card
- Last minute prelim/main card switches
- The NBC channel was black screening for the first few minutes but straightened eventually out
- Crowd (Can't help that, though)

(Positives)

-Production
- Star power
- Excitement/Finishes
- Upsets
- Bas
- Future match-ups (Nam vs. Moraes)

For a first event I'd say it went pretty damn good. Fun fights and exciting finishes. I was very happy to hear Nam vs. Moraes already in the works. Shows they are serious about sticking around and plan to make big fights whenever possible.

Post #9   11/4/12 2:19:58AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:919-578
Chips:
Rumble baby Rumble!

Post #10   11/4/12 2:30:43AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Small comment but personally I had burkman having a slight edge over his opponent. Burkmans always been a strong wrestler with good sub d.

Post #11   11/4/12 2:59:57AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I thought it was kinda weak...Torres let me down and Rumble would have zero chance in the ufc at 205

Post #12   11/4/12 3:35:47AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I thought it was kinda weak...Torres let me down and Rumble would have zero chance in the ufc at 205

Rumble would have zero chance at 205? Maybe against the top guys, but he's looked impressive at 205 lately. He looks like a completely different fighter.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #13   11/4/12 6:22:50AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Chips:
The whole event had the feeling of a Blackzillian smoker to me. I couldn't handle watching the Sherdog stream and I had a minor seizure when the main card started and they were having technical difficulties. After the seizure I was far more relaxed and the main card was entertaining.

Spong looked great, that was a good first MMA fight for him, but I would like to see how his ground game has progressed sooner than later.
Rumble's KO was great coming off the eye poke, I love a good "Timber!" KO.

Post #14   11/4/12 11:20:23AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
I only watched the Johnson, Spong, Arlovski, and Torres fights. I can't speak too much to the production of the entire show, but I don't think the match making was very good. The mismatches led to "exciting fights" because it allowed fighters to get finishes. (Excluding the Torres fight)

Arlovski with his notoriously glass jaw was standing in front of cole with his hands down using head movement. Sorry, but a fighter with a stiff jab could have capitalized on that. Spong's opponent didn't want to be there, he was fat and out of shape, not to mention ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of Spong. At least put someone in there that wasn't scared to let his hands go. I wasn't too impressed with Linderman either, but atleast he was throwing back for the KO against Johnson

Post #15   11/4/12 12:09:27PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2