Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Which champion has the toughest challenge ahead of them?

Print  
Who has the toughest challenge?
JDS 10 23%
Jones 2 5%
GSP 4 9%
Henderson 14 33%
Aldo 7 16%
Other (Cruz/Johnson) 6 14%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Toughest to easiest...

1- Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz

2- Dominick Cruz vs. Renan Barao

3- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar

4- GSP vs. Carlos Condit

5- Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson

6- JDS vs. Cain Velasquez

7- Jones vs Sonnen

Post #16   11/3/12 5:50:11PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I'm thinking Cruz but he has that knee tap in his back pocket. If hes not getting the best on the feet. Thats going to be a pretty sweet fight!

Post #17   11/3/12 6:47:59PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
aldo vs edgar

Post #18   11/3/12 7:58:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Chips:
GSP by far, his opponent is the most well rounded, Condit has shown that if he has to win by decision he will but mainly he is a finisher. GSP has only the LNP chance IMO......Condit is healthy and quick, GSP is coming off a massive injury and a long lay off!

Post #19   11/3/12 11:07:25PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Henderson.. Nate is the perfect style to give him fits. Nate's BJJ skills and just ability to throw 50000000 punches in one fight will really put the pressure on Henderson, and if Henderson goes for a sloppy Take Down...Well we saw what happened to Miller when he shot in desperation..

CAN'T WAIT.

Post #20   11/4/12 12:02:24AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:771-424
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Toughest to easiest...

1- Ben Henderson vs. Nate Diaz

2- Dominick Cruz vs. Renan Barao

3- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar

4- GSP vs. Carlos Condit

5- Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson

6- JDS vs. Cain Velasquez

7- Jones vs Sonnen

i voted for cruz followed by henderson...but i completely disagree with jds having the second easiest fight coming up. Did you see cain's last fight ?

Post #21   11/4/12 3:44:33AM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:2,232-1,416
Chips:
I was surprised condit wasn't being mentioned so much. GSP is human, and that was a major surgery, on top a long layoff. He was on a streak of tentative, 'safe', albeit disciplined and well executed, decision winning streak. How do we expect him to approach this fight against a guy who I'm my opinion, is the most focused and in tune he's ever been? I think that mindset, and those variables make him the 'toughest' challenge.

JDS has fought Cain before. Velasquez will definitely be more productive but in the end, he's a challenge already surpassed.

Sonnen only poses a mental challenge for Jones.

Bendo I believe stands a good chance to win that fight, I'll be picking Diaz but I think Bendo matches up well with just about any of the toP lw's.

Edgar will be Aldo's toughest challenge, so far. But first fight dropping, lot of pressure to not lose 3 title fights in a row, Frankie will be dealing with himself being a challenge just the same.

Cruz is in same seat as GSP, I just think he will come back as fast and strong as ever and barao didn't look aggressive enough to counter Dominicks style.

GSP/condit
Aldo/Edgar
Cruz/barao
JDS/Velasquez
Jones/Sonnen

Post #22   11/4/12 12:49:43PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
JDS has the toughest challenge imo but it won't be the hardest fight for the champions having fights soon. Sound weird but..

I think Nate and Barao are the most likely to take a UFC belt. But on the other hand Cain is a scarier fight than most of the challengers going up against the champions. This is just my thoughts,and goes to how much better and more of a threat I think JDS is than Henderson or Cruz.

I voted for JDS.

Last edited 11/4/12 10:42PM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   11/4/12 10:40:16PM   

tattflash

Belt Contender

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,734-1,944
Chips:
I think that GSP will have the toughest challenge. Coming back from a long lay off after surgery against a guy who perfects his game plans to each fighter he faces. GSP may not be able to afford to go for a decision win if ring rust kicks in, and how will he take this via a finish??. GSP has not had a submission win for 5 years and he does not have the power to stand and trade with Condit. Ring rust is a massive factor to anybody and over18 months out is a long time to combat it.

I think JDS has Cain's number, Cain looked scared their first fight and I dont think it will be any different here.
Jon Jones possesses way to much in every dept for Sonnen
Henderson vs Diaz will be close, but I think Bendo is the more powerful fighter and will dominate Nate
Aldo I think is to rounded for Frankie and a solid chin can only save you so many times before it gives way. Aldo is a beast in striking
Cruz vs Barao could go either way but I feel that Cruz is a fighter who sticks to his gameplan well enough to keep the title.
and DJ VS JD is an all out 5 round none stop war that DJ will win with his greater experience of the big fights.

Ring rust is the big factor for me so I voted for GSP

Post #24   11/5/12 7:11:38AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Toughest to easiest...

1. Cain - Gonna take the belt IMO
2. Edgar - Gonna take the belt IMO
3. Barao
4. Condit
5. Diaz
6. Sonnen

* Dodson, I have no clue where that fits in...

Post #25   11/5/12 5:31:00PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2