Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Stephan Bonnar, Dave Herman Fail UFC 153 Drug Tests, Await Potential Suspensions

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
UFC 153 fighters Stephan Bonnar (15-8 MMA, 8-7 UFC) and Dave Herman (21-5 MMA, 1-3 UFC) each tested positive for banned substances in their post-fight drug screens.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with Ultimate Fighting Championship officials that all 24 fighters who competed at this past month's UFC 153 event in Brazil were tested, and Bonnar and Herman were the lone two competitors who failed the screen.

Bonnar tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, while Herman's screen was flagged for marijuana metabolites.

LINK

Last edited 11/2/12 2:41PM server time by Biggavelli
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/2/12 2:40:28PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
At least we know he gave it his all

Post #2   11/2/12 2:41:54PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

LOL can't blame him. Thats 2 ppl caught tryin to get an edge on Anderson. I wonder who has the most failed test by an oppenet?

Post #3   11/2/12 3:09:51PM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

LOL can't blame him. Thats 2 ppl caught tryin to get an edge on Anderson. I wonder who has the most failed test by an oppenet?

It's gonna take more then some roids to help someone beat Silva!

Post #4   11/2/12 3:16:35PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Biggavelli

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

It's gonna take more then some roids to help someone beat Silva!

I would have tried to have a .22 in my cup

Post #5   11/2/12 3:17:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

Cro Cop...and he beat Barnett 3x

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   11/2/12 3:19:32PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Sucks that Bonnar did that. Lost a bit of respect for a dude I had a lot of respect for. He's been such a fan favorite in this sport, it just sucks that he disrespects the sport so much to cheat.

Post #7   11/2/12 3:19:53PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

go swimming

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   11/2/12 3:20:08PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,020-1,645
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

It's funny you say that, because just a couple of weeks ago I was looking at how many opponents Anderson has had that have popped or have a TUE for TRT. Not all of them in the fight against him, but in their career. It's quite a few.

Off the top of my head, Bonnar (this is his second), Vitor, Chael (for elevated levels/TUE), Irvin, Forrest (not busted, but admitted recently), Hendo (TUE), and Leben.

Post #9   11/2/12 3:20:14PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

Cro Cop...and he beat Barnett 3x

He was a scary mother back then too

Post #10   11/2/12 3:20:24PM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by postman

Post #11   11/2/12 3:23:45PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Sucks that Bonnar did that. Lost a bit of respect for a dude I had a lot of respect for. He's been such a fan favorite in this sport, it just sucks that he disrespects the sport so much to cheat.

I'm not around everyone but I have been around alot here in PA and i'd say somewhere around 90% of the fighters I know are on it or have been on it. No big names. Its part of the sport and if someone came out with hard evedince saying 100% are I wouldn't be shocked. Training takes so much out of you alot of the times you have no other options if you want to fight. That leads to guys just doing it cause everyone else is.

Post #12   11/2/12 3:24:25PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I'm not around everyone but I have been around alot here in PA and i'd say somewhere around 90% of the fighters I know are on it or have been on it. No big names. Its part of the sport and if someone came out with hard evedince saying 100% are I wouldn't be shocked. Training takes so much out of you alot of the times you have no other options if you want to fight. That leads to guys just doing it cause everyone else is.

Or using for healing injuries

Last edited 11/2/12 3:37PM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   11/2/12 3:37:18PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I respectfully disagree. I dont think its part of the sport. Clearly not everyone needs it, because they would get caught. I think its stupid to try and cheat the system.

Post #14   11/2/12 3:43:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000
It's funny you say that, because just a couple of weeks ago I was looking at how many opponents Anderson has had that have popped or have a TUE for TRT. Not all of them in the fight against him, but in their career. It's quite a few.

Off the top of my head, Bonnar (this is his second), Vitor, Chael (for elevated levels/TUE), Irvin, Forrest (not busted, but admitted recently), Hendo (TUE), and Leben.

PRIDE fighters have to be considered too in their time in Japan. No testing so who knows how many fighters were on something. It's all speculation but something to keep in mind

Post #15   11/2/12 3:44:05PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4