Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Roy Nelson enrolls in VADA drug testing program despite Shane Carwin's avoidance

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Roy Nelson strikes a major blow in the PR war with Shane Carwin by enrolling himself in VADA's drug testing program despite Shane Carwin's refusal to do the same.

LINK

Post #1   10/31/12 3:20:52PM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
What's he trying to prove? Nobody thinks he's taking anything, I don't see why he is so set on doing this.

Post #2   10/31/12 3:31:05PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:484-292
Chips:

Posted by Biggavelli

What's he trying to prove? Nobody thinks he's taking anything, I don't see why he is so set on doing this.

Knowledge is Power. Plus they offered him a cheeseburger when he finished.

Post #3   10/31/12 3:36:02PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,419-820
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Biggavelli

He's trying to prove Carwin is roided but it has already been proven and no one seems to care.

Post #4   10/31/12 3:40:21PM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:

Knowledge is Power. Plus they offered him a cheeseburger when he finished.

Post #5   10/31/12 3:44:58PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
good for roy, but I guess this doesn't change anything really

he should look at fighting 205

Post #6   10/31/12 6:15:40PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Biggavelli

He's trying to prove Carwin is roided but it has already been proven and no one seems to care.

Do you have a link?

I think it's smart as it sets up all of Nelsons future opponents to do the same as Nelson will probably do them for all future fights. By Carwins refusal to take this I can no longer be a fan of him, what's he got to hide?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #7   11/1/12 9:54:43AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Biggavelli

Do you have a link?

I think it's smart as it sets up all of Nelsons future opponents to do the same as Nelson will probably do them for all future fights. By Carwins refusal to take this I can no longer be a fan of him, what's he got to hide?

I've always hated athlete's excuses for not doing blood testing - "an invasion of privacy."

Uhhh I get blood tested when I go to the doctor.

Post #8   11/1/12 10:36:37AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,842-1,052
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Biggavelli

Do you have a link?

I've always hated athlete's excuses for not doing blood testing - "an invasion of privacy."

Uhhh I get blood tested when I go to the doctor.

Does your doc publish the results? Does a government entity examine the results and decide whether to punish you? The fact that you go to a doctor for bloodwork weighs in favor of it being "private." Docs, like lawyers and clergy, have a very strict code about keeping things confidential because people don't want their private medical records made public.

A fluid sample is an invasion of privacy, the question is whether the interest in the government intrusion into that privacy is worth it. In the case of drug testing fighters, it all depends on how much you value the policy goal of keeping PEDs out of MMA.

If fluid samples were not an invasion of privacy, then something like the drug war would be winnable. Compulsory drug testing for the entire population with stiff criminal penalties for a positive test would devastate the drug market. But that would be too much of an invasion of privacy of too many people to justify it.

Post #9   11/1/12 10:28:46PM