Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

It's hard for me to respect the opinion of any one who doubts that Fedor was the SINGLE greatest heavy weight of all time. Not one of the greatest, simply the greatest.

I don't see any reasonable argument that could be made for anyone else.

Greatest of HIS time. Beating Big Nog down is no small feat but I hardly consider beating Schilt or the shy performance of CC to be any better wins than JDS beating Cain down. We need perspective. If Fedor is the best of all time HW now it wont be very long at all until a UFC HW eclipses the best portion of Fedors legacy.

Also as performance and talent go no HW may ever out perform Fedor but I'm willing to bet if we had a time machine guys like JDS and Cain would win that fight. It means something when you think how many HWs are close to those twos level.

Name a HW with a better resume than Fedor.....I'll wait here while you think about it.

<---- This coming from a big JDS fan.

Post #46   11/1/12 9:10:03PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I can't even respond to Kingsmasher's post. It's like arguing with a butthole, all you'll get back is smelly, hot air.

This made me giggle like a school girl. I'm glad no one was around to hear.

Posted by ghandikush

Greatest of HIS time. Beating Big Nog down is no small feat but I hardly consider beating Schilt or the shy performance of CC to be any better wins than JDS beating Cain down. We need perspective. If Fedor is the best of all time HW now it wont be very long at all until a UFC HW eclipses the best portion of Fedors legacy.

Also as performance and talent go no HW may ever out perform Fedor but I'm willing to bet if we had a time machine guys like JDS and Cain would win that fight. It means something when you think how many HWs are close to those twos level.

Cowcatcher already responded with some of my thoughts but I felt the need to add a few things and reiterate a few others.

First, if you are going to claim that Fedor is not the current GOAT HW then you need to say who is. Most people who claim that Fedor isn't the GOAT HW run into a wall when they try to make an argument for someone else. I don't think that's exactly what you're doing though. You're saying that someone is going to surpass him.

Fine. But I could say the same thing about any one and it's not really something that can be backed up with evidence. You're making a blind prediction about the future. If you say "GSP is the greatest WW of all time" I can respond with "For now" but it doesn't really add anything to the conversation IMO.

I also think you're exaggerating the "evolution of the sport." Pretty much everyone who watches/analyzes MMA does this. I agree that the sport as a whole has evolved (there are more good fighters) but I don't think there is much of a difference between the guys at the top today and the guys at the top yesterday. I think that a prime Cro Cop and a prime Fedor would have a great chance of beating either Cain or JDS.

Unfortunately, we DO NOT have a time machine, so we can never prove it one way or the other.

Although if I did have a time machine that probably wouldn't be my first priority....

Post #47   11/1/12 11:36:53PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by cowcatcher

I can't even respond to Kingsmasher's post. It's like arguing with a butthole, all you'll get back is smelly, hot air.

This made me giggle like a school girl. I'm glad no one was around to hear.

Posted by ghandikush

Cowcatcher already responded with some of my thoughts but I felt the need to add a few things and reiterate a few others.

First, if you are going to claim that Fedor is not the current GOAT HW then you need to say who is. Most people who claim that Fedor isn't the GOAT HW run into a wall when they try to make an argument for someone else. I don't think that's exactly what you're doing though. You're saying that someone is going to surpass him.

Fine. But I could say the same thing about any one and it's not really something that can be backed up with evidence. You're making a blind prediction about the future. If you say "GSP is the greatest WW of all time" I can respond with "For now" but it doesn't really add anything to the conversation IMO.

I also think you're exaggerating the "evolution of the sport." Pretty much everyone who watches/analyzes MMA does this. I agree that the sport as a whole has evolved (there are more good fighters) but I don't think there is much of a difference between the guys at the top today and the guys at the top yesterday. I think that a prime Cro Cop and a prime Fedor would have a great chance of beating either Cain or JDS.

Unfortunately, we DO NOT have a time machine, so we can never prove it one way or the other.

Although if I did have a time machine that probably wouldn't be my first priority....

Youre all probably right, I call JDS current HW GOAT, I made that clear. Not a prediction but a star studded list of KTFO wins over top guys at age 25.

Post #48   11/1/12 11:43:29PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
My favorite part about people disputing the greatness of Fedor is that said people rarely offer an argument for someone else being the greatest heavyweight of all time. It's just generic hating.

Post #49   11/2/12 1:22:35AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush
You just said Silvas early finishes are from aggressive fighters early on but then go on to say youre surprised Vitor didnt charge him.

I said charge forward carelessly, not fight aggressive. Vitor is known for his quick hands and aggressiveness...and he fought out of character. That is what surprised me

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #50   11/2/12 9:03:32AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush
You just said Silvas early finishes are from aggressive fighters early on but then go on to say youre surprised Vitor didnt charge him.

I said charge forward carelessly, not fight aggressive. Vitor is known for his quick hands and aggressiveness...and he fought out of character. That is what surprised me

I believe he took his time with both Lindland and Rich, but I can see what you mean.

Post #51   11/2/12 2:39:37PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

I believe he took his time with both Lindland and Rich, but I can see what you mean.

Lindland ran into a punch like 10 seconds into that fight.

Post #52   11/2/12 9:56:27PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

Lindland ran into a punch like 10 seconds into that fight.

Was it even that long?

Post #53   11/2/12 10:27:29PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4