Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko One of the Greatest Heavyweights Ever

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Fedor is the Best HW to ever fight as of this moment and one of the best p4p fighters in history. Fuck what the haters say

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   10/31/12 4:47:19PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

What gets me if Fedor is not the greatest HW of all time than who is?

Nog
Mir
Timmy
AA
JDS
Cain
Brock
Coleman
Couture
Barnett
Carwin

The list is not that vast.

Fedor overrated....Lost 3 times in a row when he faced actual competition...

He was never dedicated...had excuses for loses and Michael Jordan faced the best competition that you could throw at him...

I like Fedor but he cared little about his fans...his record was padded easily...

Like the guy Sarnasky who faced Clementi 22-0 just a padded record until he faced big love...

Im sorry and really a padded record is a little impressive but he owed it to his legions of fans to at least MAke his management agree to one fight in the UFC...that woulda been against Brock who isnt that great either but he didnt even get that on his resume...

Post #17   10/31/12 5:18:27PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
We can all agree on that one

Post #18   10/31/12 5:42:23PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,399
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by mrsmiley

Nog
Mir
Timmy
AA
JDS
Cain
Brock
Coleman
Couture
Barnett
Carwin

He was never dedicated...had excuses for loses and Michael Jordan faced the best competition that you could throw at him...

I like Fedor but he cared little about his fans...his record was padded easily...

Like the guy Sarnasky who faced Clementi 22-0 just a padded record until he faced big love...

Im sorry and really a padded record is a little impressive but he owed it to his legions of fans to at least MAke his management agree to one fight in the UFC...that woulda been against Brock who isnt that great either but he didnt even get that on his resume...

First off who the fuck are you to question a fighters dedication? Are you them? Do you go through their training or know what they do? No, you dont.

He doesnt owe anyone a damn thing, he is his own person, own man

Post #19   10/31/12 6:05:14PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,478-860
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Okay so during Fedors heyday who else was their to fight?
CC and Nog where considered better than timmy and AA.
During the heavy part of Fedors reign UFC had Timmy and AA,and Mir.
Fedor fought 2 of those 3 and beat them.You can add Couture as well,so Fedor beat 4 out 6 of the best in his divison.
You can add Barnett but his consecutive losses to CC dropped him back. Would have loved to have seen that fight though.

The only argument can be made for the very late part of his career. With Brock,Cain,and JDS. Brock is now but a memory with fights that I don't even think rack in the double digits and JDS,along with Cains longevity is yet to be seen. In no way am i trying to bash those guys but we have to wait and see on two of them. Cain himself has said Fedor was an inspiration if i'm not mistaken.
If Cain,JDS,and Brock had been fighting in UFC while Fedor was in Pride,yeah the argument would be a tough one.
During his heyday name who their was to fight that he didn't.

Last edited 10/31/12 6:40PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   10/31/12 6:26:30PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Fedor Forever and Always FTW

Damn I miss watching him trade fearlessly with ANYONE everytime!!

Post #21   10/31/12 7:46:31PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
He knows it deep down he just can't say it because Fedor never stepped foot in the octagon. Dana doesn't have to say Fedor was the goat, he never tried harder to sign anyone else and never offered nearly that kind of money to any other free agent. Dana was willing to do anything to get Fedor except help M-1 in any way at all when The UFC had been co-promoting for years and because of this stubbornness we never got to see Randy get his belt taken away by Fedor.

Post #22   10/31/12 8:07:31PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Chips:
It's hard for me to respect the opinion of any one who doubts that Fedor was the SINGLE greatest heavy weight of all time. Not one of the greatest, simply the greatest.

I don't see any reasonable argument that could be made for anyone else.

Post #23   10/31/12 10:48:49PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

It's hard for me to respect the opinion of any one who doubts that Fedor was the SINGLE greatest heavy weight of all time. Not one of the greatest, simply the greatest.

Greatest of HIS time. Beating Big Nog down is no small feat but I hardly consider beating Schilt or the shy performance of CC to be any better wins than JDS beating Cain down. We need perspective. If Fedor is the best of all time HW now it wont be very long at all until a UFC HW eclipses the best portion of Fedors legacy.

Also as performance and talent go no HW may ever out perform Fedor but I'm willing to bet if we had a time machine guys like JDS and Cain would win that fight. It means something when you think how many HWs are close to those twos level.

Last edited 11/1/12 1:21AM server time by ghandikush

Post #24   11/1/12 1:18:49AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by mrsmiley

Nog
Mir
Timmy
AA
JDS
Cain
Brock
Coleman
Couture
Barnett
Carwin

Hey kingsmasher, your ignorance is showing

Post #25   11/1/12 11:11:16AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush
Greatest of HIS time. Beating Big Nog down is no small feat but I hardly consider beating Schilt or the shy performance of CC to be any better wins than JDS beating Cain down. We need perspective. If Fedor is the best of all time HW now it wont be very long at all until a UFC HW eclipses the best portion of Fedors legacy.

Also as performance and talent go no HW may ever out perform Fedor but I'm willing to bet if we had a time machine guys like JDS and Cain would win that fight. It means something when you think how many HWs are close to those twos level.

And I bet someone like Dwight Howard would be the best C and Roy Halladay would win 6 consecutive Cy Youngs in the 70s. Would someone like Sandy Koufax pitch 20 CGs with a sub 2 ERA in todays game? Would Wilt Chamberlain average 35 ppg and 25 rpg in 2012? Not even close, but yet Sandy and Wilt are still considered one of the, if not the, greatest at their position of all time.

Last edited 11/1/12 11:37AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   11/1/12 11:36:35AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Really you dont consider schilt a better win than cain. Semmy is a 4 time K-1 WGP champ... cain has a total of 11 fights and is smaller than JDS and CC messed fedor's face up so i wouldn't really call that shy especially since fedor had the perfect gameplan for CC.

Post #27   11/1/12 11:41:34AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by ghandikush

Really you dont consider schilt a better win than cain. Semmy is a 4 time K-1 WGP champ... cain has a total of 11 fights and is smaller than JDS and CC messed fedor's face up so i wouldn't really call that shy especially since fedor had the perfect gameplan for CC.

hey ghandikush, guess what? Belfort, Okami, Maia, Leites were all "shy" performances too....so what can we conclude with that in regards to Anderson Silva???

Last edited 11/1/12 11:47AM server time by bubbles

Post #28   11/1/12 11:45:54AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

You can say the greatest of his time, but you need to go ahead and name someone else that IS the greatest of all time then. You can't just say he's not the best ever because someone else is going to come along and be better than him. Well I guess you can, but it's ridiculous.

On to the second part, you could make a time machine and send Albert Pujols back to the 1920's and you can almost guarantee he'd put up better numbers than Babe Ruth. It doesn't make the Babe any less of a player or all time great, it just means that the sport, and athletes themselves have evolved. The beauty of MMA is that if you built that time machine, Fedor still has a damn good chance of catching either one of those guys and putting them to sleep. In a sport where even the best guys get handed losses, for Fedor to go without a loss for that length of time against the best his era had to offer is incredibly impressive and makes him the best ever. Overrated fighters, shit most fighters, eventually get beaten in their primes, it happens. Fedor didn't until the twilight of his career.

I can't even respond to Kingsmasher's post. It's like arguing with a butthole, all you'll get back is smelly, hot air.

Post #29   11/1/12 11:49:49AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher
On to the second part, you could make a time machine and send Albert Pujols back to the 1920's and you can almost guarantee he'd put up better numbers than Babe Ruth. It doesn't make the Babe any less of a player or all time great, it just means that the sport, and athletes themselves have evolved.

a Brewers fan using Pujols as an example?

but thanks for further backing up my point

Post #30   11/1/12 12:35:54PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4