Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Did anyone used to make fantasy picks on UFC.com?

Print  
Did you like the fantasy picks system on UFC.com?
No, I didn't like it 3 11%
Yes, I liked it 16 57%
I didn't make picks on UFC.com 9 32%
Posted By Message

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
With all the talk about how to run the second season on here, I thought I'd ask if you used to make fantasy picks on UFC.com and if so, did you like their system? They had a system similar to the set up here but it also allowed you to pick the minute of the ending in the round you picked. They also had a special bonus for picking the time left on the clock of the main event.

Post #1   5/30/07 11:45:12PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,641-998
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think guessing the time of the finish involves to much guess work. Guessing it down to the minute doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I really enjoy the game the way it is set up now.

This should be moved to "Fantasy Game Talk."

Post #2   5/31/07 1:04:01AM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
i used to do ufc fantasy and i liked it alot but i like mmaplaygrounds system much better. it always seemed to me that there was more luck involved than logical picking, for instance u couldnt pick just ko/tko or submission but u had to pick what kind of ko/tko or submission (armbar, choke, kneebar, ko punch, ko kick, ect...) which made fights like chuck vs sobral hard because u knew chuck would win by ko/tko and sobral would win by submission but what type? and the whole "gues what minute thing" made it overly complicated too. i like things the way they are here but i wish they would add more hot picks to some events.

Post #3   5/31/07 2:02:09AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,641-998
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

i used to do ufc fantasy and i liked it alot but i like mmaplaygrounds system much better. it always seemed to me that there was more luck involved than logical picking, for instance u couldnt pick just ko/tko or submission but u had to pick what kind of ko/tko or submission (armbar, choke, kneebar, ko punch, ko kick, ect...) which made fights like chuck vs sobral hard because u knew chuck would win by ko/tko and sobral would win by submission but what type? and the whole "gues what minute thing" made it overly complicated too. i like things the way they are here but i wish they would add more hot picks to some events.

Agreed. This system is much better.

Post #4   5/31/07 4:42:13AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,518
Chips:
I played the UFC.com game and liked it, but I perfer this one.

Post #5   5/31/07 12:02:08PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

Agree big time, UFC game wasn't bad, but mmaplayground kills it.... MMAPLAYGROUND....#1

Post #6   5/31/07 2:38:50PM   

paulhauffe

Learning to Sprawl

paulhauffe Avatar

Career:312-185
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
I did like how you could specifically say how you thought it would end. you could choose what type of submission etc..

Post #7   6/1/07 4:15:13PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

Me2. I was kinda ticked at them when they stopped it suddenly. Judging by how well the sites doing, they made an error.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   6/1/07 9:33:27PM   

u_f_c

Learning to Sprawl

u_f_c Avatar

Career:155-97
Camp: Team UFC
Chips:
i actually liked the ufc fantasy picks.... i found it more fun and made u think more about the fights and look them over again every once in a while with the minute picks and kind of submission.

But if mma playground keeps this system working i will be just as happy.

Post #9   6/1/07 10:30:40PM