Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen hints at rift with Dan Henderson following 'TUF 17' fallout

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Occasional training partners Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson probably aren't as close as they used to be.

During Tuesday's MetroPCS online chat, Sonnen said he hasn't spoken to the fellow Team Quest fighter ever since Henderson posted some critical tweets.

Sonnen, of course, recently leapfrogged Henderson in the pecking order of the light-heavyweight division and got a coaching spot on "The Ultimate Fighter 17" and a promised title shot with champion Jon Jones.

LINK

Post #1   10/31/12 11:37:45AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Yes Hendo, knocking Fedors lights out followed by FOY win over Shogun isnt enough, arguably the greatest career on paper ever isnt enough, should have spent more time with racist banter you cant follow up.

At least when Hendo got that title shot against Silva he had not been finished in his previous title fight.....

Post #2   10/31/12 1:11:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I wonder if Hendo turned down another TUF gig. I don't blame him for being pissed, but if he said no to TUF and the only way to fight Jones is through TUF, then I can't really feel bad for him. If they didn't ask Hendo to coach and they just went with Sonnen, he has every right to be pissed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   10/31/12 4:42:09PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,399
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I wonder if Hendo turned down another TUF gig. I don't blame him for being pissed, but if he said no to TUF and the only way to fight Jones is through TUF, then I can't really feel bad for him. If they didn't ask Hendo to coach and they just went with Sonnen, he has every right to be pissed

Dan was on the MMA Hour and Ariel asked him directly and Dan said he was never asked to be a coach on TUF and wouldnt have definitely done it if asked.

Obviously its fucked up to everyone who is not Dana White.

Dan said he doesnt blame Chael and would help him with training if Chael asks.

Also Dan said per his contract he has to fight 3 times by November he said he is most likely fighting on the Super Bowl weekend card in Feb.

3 times between Feb-Nov is a good amount for his age.

Last edited 10/31/12 5:45PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   10/31/12 5:35:48PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Bubbles

Dan was on the MMA Hour and Ariel asked him directly and Dan said he was never asked to be a coach on TUF and wouldnt have definitely done it if asked.

Obviously its fucked up to everyone who is not Dana White.

Dan said he doesnt blame Chael and would help him with training if Chael asks.

Also Dan said per his contract he has to fight 3 times by November he said he is most likely fighting on the Super Bowl weekend card in Feb.

This

Post #5   10/31/12 6:04:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

3x a year is more than most of the UFC roster

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   10/31/12 10:21:06PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Chips:
If I were Dan Henderson, I'd be pretty pissed too.

Post #7   10/31/12 10:50:25PM