Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who does GSP think Pound 4 Pound Best

Print  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Of all the debates on who is Pound for Pound best..

IMO its so not Silva...He has the best streak of title defenses but has a glaring hole in his game...

IMO a best Pound 4 Pound is well rounded in all areas...Whereever the fight were to take place they could beat you...

Who does GSP think?

Link

Post #1   10/30/12 5:15:20PM   

NaturalBornKiller92

MMA Regular

NaturalBornKiller92 Avatar

Career:131-89
Chips:
Always interesting to here what a champ has to say. I don't want to rehash the Edgar/ Bendo 2 discussion but had Edgar won the fight I think he'd have his fair argument to be considered one of the four best fighters in the world in an interchangeable order.

Post #2   10/30/12 5:32:33PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

Always interesting to here what a champ has to say. I don't want to rehash the Edgar/ Bendo 2 discussion but had Edgar won the fight I think he'd have his fair argument to be considered one of the four best fighters in the world in an interchangeable order.

My gf who doesn not watch MMA at all thought he won....When someone who has zero interest in MMA says someone won its a good measuring stick to me to gauge who actually won...

I admit I think conspiracy theories exist and wonder about some things and would have no doubt the UFC in no way shape or form wanted Edgar to win that fight...

Reason one....Another log jam at LW
Reason two....They can try to create more buzz for Aldo "buzz meaning more pay per view buys"and convince Edgar to go down for a title shot

Post #3   10/30/12 5:46:27PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:833-526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

When someone who has zero interest in MMA says someone won its a good measuring stick to me to gauge who actually won...

That makes zero sense to me. Chances are they have no idea what's going on as far as grappling goes, and that's a huge part of scoring a fight. It's like saying my 5 year old cousin thinks Obama will win the election, so I'm going with that prediction over the Gallup and CNN polls.

I see what you're saying, but someone not interested in MMA will likely only know to score the fight regarding who landed the hardest hitting punches/kicks which is important, but not the only thing involved. You have to take in effective grappling, effective aggressiveness, and octagon control just as much.

And saying Anderson has a HUGE gap in his game and shouldn't be considered as P4P best... This is all I'm gonna say about that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tefTlpSLyuA

Post #4   10/30/12 7:18:31PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

My gf who doesn not watch MMA at all thought he won....When someone who has zero interest in MMA says someone won its a good measuring stick to me to gauge who actually won...

I admit I think conspiracy theories exist and wonder about some things and would have no doubt the UFC in no way shape or form wanted Edgar to win that fight...

Reason two....They can try to create more buzz for Aldo "buzz meaning more pay per view buys"and convince Edgar to go down for a title shot

Its all conspiracy, none true. Judges saw a different fight than the fans, and the way Frankie wins he could have 6 defenses in 2014 and STILL not be number 2 or 1 so long as two top guys, GSP Silva Jones, were still winning. P4P supremacy means you win in dominant fashion.

Post #5   10/30/12 7:23:01PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kingsmasher

Its all conspiracy, none true. Judges saw a different fight than the fans, and the way Frankie wins he could have 6 defenses in 2014 and STILL not be number 2 or 1 so long as two top guys, GSP Silva Jones, were still winning. P4P supremacy means you win in dominant fashion.

Pound for Pound means if you put everyone in the same weight category who would win...not winning in dominant fashion...Skill set...

Post #6   10/31/12 5:25:23PM