Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Koscheck wants Nick Diaz at UFC 157 on Super Bowl weekend

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

Is there something I am missing here? The article said he is suspended until two days after UFC 157 is everyone assuming he is going to get out of his suspension early?

Exactly what I was thinking.... How can he fight Feb 2nd when he's not eligible to apply for a license until Feb 4th... I'd like to see Diaz on that card as much as anybody, considering his suspension is a joke, I hope he can appeal the date he can apply for a license somehow... Overeem gets 9 months for whatever he was doing, Diaz gets 12 months for being good at chilling out. Bizzaro world....

Difference is, it wasn't Diaz's 1st offense...

Post #16   10/29/12 5:50:54PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,547-901
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by ghandikush

Kos will do what he's always done since his first loss to GSP and swing himself into a coma against a competent striker when he could win an EASY decision. I'm sorry but when Sean Sherk and Diego Sanches are pulling easy dec wins over Diaz its pretty evident a REAL wrestler would take 30-27 rapage.

Wasted talent for dollar bills.

Nick Diaz got out struck by KJ Noons 5 years ago but you don't see me ranting about how his boxing sucks. No doubt Diaz's weakest aspect is his wrestling but he looks like a much sharper fighter than he did 7 years ago.

He is on another level than he was years ago but when did he fight a single wrestler since he left the UFC....... Name one for me please.

Shamrock didnt even try to wrestle and BJ beat that ass before his taco bell diet took its toll. But youre right, being a better fighter means something whatsoever about his wrestling....

He trains with Jake Shields at Caesar Gracie. He looks like an all around improved fighter. And yes wrestling IS part of fighting.

Post #17   10/29/12 6:04:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So why isnt prime Sean Sherk considered a REAL wrestler?

Anyway, Kos doesnt have the gas or the defense to fight off Diaz for 3, and his bjj defense has never been better than average.

Post #18   10/29/12 6:31:33PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Anyway, Kos doesnt have the gas or the defense to fight off Diaz for 3, and his bjj defense has never been better than average.

Sherk was. Plain and Simple he was a smaller man and took the TD to Diaz

And you dont think Kos' size advantage would win him out on the ground?

Post #19   10/29/12 7:23:42PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Sherk was. Plain and Simple he was a smaller man and took the TD to Diaz

And you dont think Kos' size advantage would win him out on the ground?

I think koscheck hasnt changed his strategy in years other than when he fights completely one-dimensional fightets. He strikes to set up the takedown, and he shoots halfway into the round to save energy and secure rounds. He also gets hit alot by jabs and since hes fighting a southpaw the distance between him and his opponents center of gravity is farther apart. Kos will have to work too much too early to sustain a decision pace. Thats why i dont think his size id much of a key factor.

Post #20   10/29/12 10:51:12PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
All i know is that if this fight happens, someone i don't like will lose. Im gonna say Diaz wins by late stoppage or UD

Post #21   10/30/12 11:34:54AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,052-681
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

All i know is that if this fight happens, someone i don't like will lose. Im gonna say Diaz wins by late stoppage or UD

I agree with every word in that post

Post #22   10/30/12 11:43:22AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2