Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator 78 Results

Print  
Posted By Message

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
BELLATOR 78

Main Card (MTV2)

Lyman Good def. Michail Tsarev via TKO in 3:54 of round two in the Season 7 welterweight semifinals

Andrey Koreshkov def. Marius Zaromskis via TKO in 2:14 of round one in the Season 7 welterweight semifinals

Daniel Straus def. Alvin Robinson via submission (rear naked choke) in 4:51 of round two

Brian Rogers def. Dominique Steele via unanimous decision

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)

Zoila Gurgel def. Casey Noland via unanimous decision in a non-title fight

Rob Hanna def. Rocky Edwards via split decision

Justin McNally def. David Blattman via submission (triangle choke) in 38 seconds of round one

Mikkel Parlo def. Jared Combs via TKO in 3:51 of round one

Billy Horne def. Trey Houston via submission (rear naked choke) in 3:30 of round one

Jason Butcher def. Shaun Asher via submission (guillotine choke) in 1:32 of round one

LINK

Post #1   10/27/12 2:37:03PM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
Great card, prelims to the main card it was action!

Post #2   10/27/12 2:38:03PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I posted these in the combo results page but I'll post them here too. Here are a ton of gifs from the event last night. Very entertaining card .

Main Card:

Ref clearly ruining the main event by hesitating.

Zaromskis eating 10 shots while clearly unconscious.

Straus putting a Royce Gracie blackbelt away with a powerful rnc.

Steele taking a lot of punches

Undercard:

Gurgel actually winning a fight in Bellator and not being given a gift.

Jason Butcher continues his run in Bellator

Billy Horne taking the 0 from Trey Houston's 10-0 record.

Mikkel Parlo showing it'll take more than a granite chin to stop his onslaught.

Justin McNally setting up a textbook triangle.

Dominique Steele brushing his teeth with some boogers.

Post #3   10/27/12 2:49:17PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Im sorry, "Great card?" Come again??

If you consider horrible reffing, a great card, then you need to watch a new sport.

I havent watched the past several Bellators, due to the Santos back to back "Ball action". If that wasn't bad enough, I tuned in tonight, to just get more pissed off.
First with Zaromskis, getting hit an extra 4-5 times in the face, when the fight should of been stopped. Then to move on to the next fght, where Good eye pokes Tsarev. Rich Franklins brother, jumps in to stop the fight to check on Tsarev, but due to Good moving in, decides to back off and let Tsarev get beat up, then awards the win to Lyman Good. YEAH Awsome card!!!!

The funny thing is, I tuned into TUF after this, to see a 3rd straight joke of a decision by the judges.

All I know is MMA is on its way downhill even further due to the Refs and the Judges, when will this madness end?!?!?!?!??!

Post #4   10/27/12 6:08:24PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

Im sorry, "Great card?" Come again??

If you consider horrible reffing, a great card, then you need to watch a new sport.

I havent watched the past several Bellators, due to the Santos back to back "Ball action". If that wasn't bad enough, I tuned in tonight, to just get more pissed off.
First with Zaromskis, getting hit an extra 4-5 times in the face, when the fight should of been stopped. Then to move on to the next fght, where Good eye pokes Tsarev. Rich Franklins brother, jumps in to stop the fight to check on Tsarev, but due to Good moving in, decides to back off and let Tsarev get beat up, then awards the win to Lyman Good. YEAH Awsome card!!!!

The funny thing is, I tuned into TUF after this, to see a 3rd straight joke of a decision by the judges.

All I know is MMA is on its way downhill even further due to the Refs and the Judges, when will this madness end?!?!?!?!??!

Listen man, it was a great card because the fights were great and the fighters put everything on the line. If you think this card wasn't great than maybe YOU should be the one finding a different sport.

The reffing was bad and fighters were put in danger because of incompetence. No one here is saying that's a good thing, in fact it's the complete opposite. That doesn't take away from how entertaining the fights were. That's a knock against the commissions, not the fighters who fight in Bellator.

If you missed the last few Bellators then you missed out.

Post #5   10/27/12 6:57:16PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
After watching the women fight last night I can do without most women bout even Ronda Rousey...Shes good but the talent level is not there to challenge her...

IMO I think the UFC made a mistake and personally hope tehy never put a womans fight on a main card.....Most women fight are extremely boring for me after the first minute and the punching just is mostly God awful...

Post #6   10/27/12 7:05:29PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Listen man, it was a great card because the fights were great and the fighters put everything on the line. If you think this card wasn't great than maybe YOU should be the one finding a different sport.

The fights were decent, wouldnt go off, saying it was awsome or amazing by any means. But when you have a card end on two seperate refs screwing up, that is a bit of a problem. Having a main event end on an eye poke, in where the ref jumped in to stop the fight to look at the eye poke, then to backpedal and allow the other fighter to tee off on the poked eye opponent!, to me this takes away what happened on the rest of the card. Its sad to say, but its true. This is what the majority of the fans will remember. I agree though, maybe I came across harsh on Bellator, but its more the state commission I am upset towards. However, I did complain about the TUF last night ALSO, at the end of my original post! if you missed it!!

Last edited 10/27/12 7:51PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a
5 total post edits

Post #7   10/27/12 7:41:40PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeWarren33

The fights were decent, wouldnt go off, saying it was awsome or amazing by any means. But when you have a card end on two seperate refs screwing up, that is a bit of a problem. Having a main event end on an eye poke, in where the ref jumped in to stop the fight to look at the eye poke, then to backpedal and allow the other fighter to tee off on the poked eye opponent!, to me this takes away what happened on the rest of the card. Its sad to say, but its true. This is what the majority of the fans will remember. I agree though, maybe I came across harsh on Bellator, but its more the state commission I am upset towards. However, I did complain about the TUF last night ALSO, at the end of my original post! if you missed it!!

I agree with you on that. I'm just saying you can't belittle the guy for saying it was a great card. There were a ton of excellent fights from the prelims all the way to the main event. The refs will definitely be remembered for screwing up but those fights were entertaining regardless. I hate that Zaromskis took those unnecessary shots. I've been complaining about it since, but it was still a great showing from Koreskov.

You also have every right to complain about TUF. Not only was it a boring fight, it was a ridiculous decision.

Last edited 10/27/12 8:20PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/27/12 8:20:11PM