Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson unloads on UFC matchmaker Joe Silva for his choice of putting Phil Davis in against Forrest Griffin at UFC 155.

LINK

Post #1   10/25/12 1:40:38PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
No it's not, it's because he has no fire anymore, he simply doesn't care anymore.

Post #2   10/25/12 1:45:32PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Chips:
He's just pissed and talking out of his ass. Not sure who he's been talking to but I don't know of anyone whose dying to see a Griffin/Rampage rematch.

Joe Silva does a great job IMO. Sure he does make questionable match-ups here and there but Dana has a lot of say in it too. Not to mention the large roster where injuries are happening left and right.

Post #3   10/25/12 2:10:20PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:522-387
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
If you watch both segments that he did (the one that aired on insidemma and the facebook interview posted) then Rampage really isn't bashing the UFC the way the write up makes it look. Don't get me wrong he definitely said Joe Silva can't match shoes and that's the reason why he's leaving the UFC but in reality that was a pretty harsh reaction to him finding out on camera that Forrest, a guy he had been asking to fight, was fighting Phil Davis now.

Post #4   10/25/12 2:12:38PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
rampage becoming one dimensional is the reason he is leaving the ufc

Post #5   10/25/12 2:47:21PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,547-901
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I agree with everyone that the reason Rampage is leaving has more to do with him being washed up BUT there has been A LOT of squash matches lately:
Silva v Bonnar
JJ v Chael
JJ v Vitor
And they just announced lil nog v Rashad Evans

Am I the only one who thinks its silly that Jon Jones, by far the biggest 205er, is fighting back to back MWs?

It was funny hearing Dana threaten to give JJ tough fights after 151 only to announce he would be fighting MWs.

Post #6   10/25/12 3:16:20PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,507-926
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

BUT there has been A LOT of squash matches lately:
Silva v Bonnar
JJ v Chael
JJ v Vitor

Silva vs. Bonnar and JJ vs Vitor were last second matches to save a card. They were not deserving challengers but it was the best they could do under those circumstances and I'm glad that the cards went on. I'm not going to criticize them for that.

I don't think Little Nog vs Evans is a squash. Why would it be? You have a top 5 LHW coming off of a loss going against a top 10 LHW coming off of a win. Their age, experience and size isn't that different. I'll favor Evans, but doesn't seem like an unreasonable fight at all.

JJ vs. Chael--should be criticized but the reasons for making the match are obvious: they need to do something with TUF and something with Jones while he is rehabbing and this was a way of helping to generate interest with the show while keeping their rising star in the limelight. One part of me wants to slam them for this but I also want their product to be successful and I understand why they are doing this....but I won't fault anyone for criticizing this match.

Maybe I'm just jaded from watching boxing. I just watched Eric Morales fight for a title at 140 last weekend and I'm going to watch Wladamir Klitshko defend his title against Mariusz Wach (who?) in his next fight. Even Chael Sonnen looks like pretty good contender by comparison..

Last edited 10/25/12 3:53PM server time by fullerene
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   10/25/12 3:52:08PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
Of course Rampage wants Forrest Griffin for his last fight, it's the only relevant fight he would do well in

Post #8   10/25/12 3:53:28PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I think his matchmaking kinda sucks too...I mean seriously...Does Silva ever read the internet...If so you can cancel Evans and Nogueira...

Post #9   10/25/12 4:17:21PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Posted by BillsNewAccount

BUT there has been A LOT of squash matches lately:
Silva v Bonnar
JJ v Chael
JJ v Vitor

Silva vs. Bonnar and JJ vs Vitor were last second matches to save a card. They were not deserving challengers but it was the best they could do under those circumstances and I'm glad that the cards went on. I'm not going to criticize them for that.

I don't think Little Nog vs Evans is a squash. Why would it be? You have a top 5 LHW coming off of a loss going against a top 10 LHW coming off of a win. Their age, experience and size isn't that different. I'll favor Evans, but doesn't seem like an unreasonable fight at all.

JJ vs. Chael--should be criticized but the reasons for making the match are obvious: they need to do something with TUF and something with Jones while he is rehabbing and this was a way of helping to generate interest with the show while keeping their rising star in the limelight. One part of me wants to slam them for this but I also want their product to be successful and I understand why they are doing this....but I won't fault anyone for criticizing this match.

Maybe I'm just jaded from watching boxing. I just watched Eric Morales fight for a title at 140 last weekend and I'm going to watch Wladamir Klitshko defend his title against Mariusz Wach (who?) in his next fight. Even Chael Sonnen looks like pretty good contender by comparison..

Evans and Noguira I doubt is close...

As for the boxing matchups you mentioned....UFC is starting to look really similar..

Id prefer a tournament format...Why not for each title...No more this hand picking opponents who help your style...

Post #10   10/25/12 4:20:08PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,999-1,233
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
He's lost the "Rampage" about him. Now he's just Quinton Jackson.

Post #11   10/25/12 5:29:22PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I think Rampage is an exciting fighter to watch but in order to witness the excitement you have to pit him against another brawler or striker with amazing courage. It would have to be a fearless type of fighter or else Rampage will likely just get out pointed or out-wrestled in a bore-fest match. Rampage and Maldonaldo would be a great fight.

Post #12   10/25/12 5:54:27PM   

alienkiller89

Learning to Sprawl

Career:38-20
Chips:
testing.... testing... just making sure my account can finally make posts lol

Post #13   10/25/12 7:27:17PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I concur with his sentiments of wanting to fight Forrest. I always thought Rampage won that fight or at least deserved the benefit of the doubt and gotten a draw, Forrest didn't do enough to take the title away imo and the rematch would put an end to that chapter that Forrest ruined by winning the title. We could have had a healthy Rampage vs Rashad at UFC 92 and Wand vs Forrest which would have been the better matchups and moved the division along more smoothly, especially since I think a healthy motivated Rampage would have beaten Rashad like he almost did in the 3rd round of their overdue fight.

Post #14   10/25/12 7:35:26PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Little known fact fellow CHAELgrounders- - -

Before JJ was offered the slot to coach against yours truly on TUF, Mr. A-Team turned down the OPPORTUNITY to get embarrassed AGAIN before getting his inevitable pink slip.....smart move ramPAGE - - - now, if only you would run in "training" like you did against (P)erfection

Post #15   10/25/12 7:59:41PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2