Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Report: Jose Aldo Vs. Frankie Edgar Targeted For UFC 156 In Brazil

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
On October 13, 2012, we saw one of the greatest fighters on the planet completely destroy Stephan Bonnar in the headline fight at UFC 153. Though that fight in itself was a nice little treat for fight fans, it was a result of a super fight falling through, a bout that was supposed to feature Jose Aldo defending his featherweight crown against Frankie Edgar.

Now, as reported by Brazilian website clicrbs, that matchup is being sought out yet again by the UFC, and it is likely for UFC 156 in Brazil.

Details on the event have yet to emerge, but it is expected to be a major Brazilian show in a high-profile city. The event is likely to occur in January of 2013. So far, Aldo vs. Edgar has been the only bout rumored for the card, but seeing how great recent Brazilian cards have been, I'd expect it to fill out quickly.

LINK

Post #1   10/24/12 11:16:46PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:488-293
Chips:
i just want Aldo to fight anyone at this point!

Post #2   10/24/12 11:50:22PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I wish they would have the fight somewhere else. Frankie has a legit chance at winning here and if he does I don't want him to get shot.

Post #3   10/25/12 12:12:53AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:488-293
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

I wish they would have the fight somewhere else. Frankie has a legit chance at winning here and if he does I don't want him to get shot.

Chill man, UFC is huge in Brazil just like soccer, you don't see soccer team's getting shot for winning.

Post #4   10/25/12 1:34:17AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

That's f*cking racist dude.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   10/25/12 6:16:53AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TeamDEY

you take it easy j...i don't think teamdey meant anything at all by what he said..

Post #6   10/25/12 7:03:44AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:944-621
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
I don't think there would be gun play but there is possibility of a riot

Post #7   10/25/12 7:05:11AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TeamDEY

you take it easy j...i don't think teamdey meant anything at all by what he said..

Didn't mean anything? lol

Right..... I'm sure he would say the same thing about Canadians or Brits. Suggesting that a nationality would shoot someone because he beat their nation's fighter is totally normal.

Post #8   10/25/12 9:09:17AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Ill be rooting for Frankie but I personally think Aldo destroys Frankie, and if he does it will be hard for me to watch

Post #9   10/25/12 9:48:54AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:
This fight is fantastic. I think Aldo will take it, but clearly you can never count Frankie out. My only issue is trying to figure out what Frankie will do if he loses. Will he stay at FW and try it again? Will he move back up to LW and try that again? Or will he drop to BW? The latter isn't even a joke, in an interview he said he could make BW.

Post #10   10/25/12 10:54:44AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by TeamDEY

Chill man, UFC is huge in Brazil just like soccer, you don't see soccer team's getting shot for winning.

No not the teams...Brazil Soccer Violence Concerns Officials
"Murad conducted a study a few years ago that showed that more than 40 people were killed in connection with Brazilian soccer matches between 1999 and 2009."

Also, to clarify TeamDey didn't make a racism, Brazilian is not a race...not sure why that needs to be explained.

Post #11   10/25/12 11:00:15AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TeamDEY

Right..... I'm sure he would say the same thing about Canadians or Brits. Suggesting that a nationality would shoot someone because he beat their nation's fighter is totally normal.

Well to be honest in Colombia drug dealers killed a Colombian star soccer player for the accidental goal...From a cultured standpoint the two countriers are very similar and face the same problems of drugs and crooked governments...

To compare Canada or Britain who we are staunch allies of to Brazil is ridiculous....

Where do you feel more safe? In Brazil watching a soccer match or Canada watching CFL/or even Britain watching soccer I would feel more safe and they are almost just as crazy...

At the last event a brazilian tried to flaty out steal a hat off wagner Prados head....Id say theres quite a difference if people cant see it take off your blinders...

Post #12   10/25/12 11:46:55AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TeamDEY

Well to be honest in Colombia drug dealers killed a Colombian star soccer player for the accidental goal...From a cultured standpoint the two countriers are very similar and face the same problems of drugs and crooked governments...

To compare Canada or Britain who we are staunch allies of to Brazil is ridiculous....

Where do you feel more safe? In Brazil watching a soccer match or Canada watching CFL/or even Britain watching soccer I would feel more safe and they are almost just as crazy...

At the last event a brazilian tried to flaty out steal a hat off wagner Prados head....Id say theres quite a difference if people cant see it take off your blinders...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   10/25/12 12:52:09PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,010-590
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TeamDEY

TeamDey's comment is not racist. People need to really start understanding the meaning of these types of words before haphazardly calling someone or their comments racist. That term can cause unjust damage if not used correctly. Racist/Racism is a hatred towards another race, a belief ones race is superior or a policy put in place against a race. Also, as Airkerma pointed out, Brazillian is a culture not a race. Now if you want to call his comment prejudice, you would be correct as it pertains towards a negative stereotype.

There is a big, big difference between racist and prejudice.

Post #14   10/25/12 1:31:18PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Chips:
I think we all knew this was the main event of 156

Post #15   10/25/12 2:38:51PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2