Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Michael Johnson Meets Myles Jury at UFC 155

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Goatenstein

I'd rather see guys like Johnson stay busy with lesser competition than sit forever to fight a name guy.

Yeah, but if he loses, then that sets him back further from getting top competition.

Or it shows that he doesn't belong up there.

Post #16   10/26/12 4:56:09PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Kind of a strange matchup. Johnson deserves a bigger name imo and Jury should be a guy that they bring up slowly.

Meh, Jury got beat on the show and showed his MMA ceiling. If he is as talented as some think he is he shouldnt have a problem with this fight but seeing as how nothing really shines about Jury he probably gets beat up and all of the sudden is in a pink slip fight next on a Fuel TV card. This is a perfect fight to see if he is legit, he has an unblemished record that really isn't undefeated and Johnson is still just a gatekeeper type fighter, not very high in the LW rankings himself.

Post #17   10/26/12 5:39:58PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Myles Jury has been a professional MMA fighter longer than Johnson. He was already well-rounded before Johnson could do anything other than take someone down. He's a better kickboxer, was an All-State Wrestler in high school, and will have earned his black belt in BJJ before this fight even takes place. I love every comment in this thread if the moneyline reflects the opinion here.

Last edited 10/27/12 3:42AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   10/27/12 3:39:46AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2