Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Finally a new thread. : D

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:781-378
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jeez, you guys sound like the types that would buy tupperware or a new toaster for a woman because "it's useful"...

I've always felt like if you're getting someone a gift, get them something they'd probably love, but wouldn't think of getting themselves. Something fun, and meant just for them - not as a utilitarian item or something to add to the household.

I've always spoiled guys I've dated on major holidays or birthdays - and not just with cool gifts.

But for the record - handbags are fabulous. And so are shoes.

Post #16   10/24/12 9:15:15PM   

MMA Regular

187 Avatar

Career:381-261
Chips:
yeah.. it's summer preparation here..

*removes pants*

Post #17   10/24/12 9:17:14PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Jeez, you guys sound like the types that would buy tupperware or a new toaster for a woman because "it's useful"...

I've always felt like if you're getting someone a gift, get them something they'd probably love, but wouldn't think of getting themselves. Something fun, and meant just for them - not as a utilitarian item or something to add to the household.

I've always spoiled guys I've dated on major holidays or birthdays - and not just with cool gifts.

I know this may sound strange and foreign to you but those who sound like that are probably married. Can we say it together? Mair - reed.

Post #18   10/24/12 10:20:29PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I know this may sound strange and foreign to you but those who sound like that are probably married. Can we say it together? Mair - reed.

...and house-poor, and/or kid-poor.

Post #19   10/24/12 10:23:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

a new frying pan is more valid, cost-effective, and shows her that I appreciate her job in the kitchen A handbag at Value Village has the same function as those that cost 2 paychecks, so why pay so much?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   10/24/12 11:10:47PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by 187

yeah.. it's summer preparation here..

*removes pants*

winter here

*removes pants

Post #21   10/24/12 11:44:28PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by DancingDoll

This is probably why it's hard to imagine seeing myself walk down that plank.

I do have some friends who've gotten mah-reed before and they still do the special stuff for each other on anniversaries, bdays and xmas.

I know the whole thing is supposed to trainwreck after a few years, but I still think your wife will really appreciate something you put a little thought into.

Like it doesn't have to be some materialistic shelling out the big bucks to make a statement at all. Maybe try something like getting a sitter for the kids, buying some Aveda massage oil (you provide the massage), buying her favourite bottle of wine (or favourite drink), and some cozy time under the tree. That would be a fun xmas gift... and way better than a snow shovel or a frying pan. Trust me.

Post #22   10/24/12 11:48:35PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by DancingDoll

a new frying pan is more valid, cost-effective, and shows her that I appreciate her job in the kitchen A handbag at Value Village has the same function as those that cost 2 paychecks, so why pay so much?

lol @ Value Village.

You need to check out Holt Renfrew Last Call in Vaughn Mills for the deep discounted good stuff. It'll look like you spent a lot when you really didn't.

I don't think guys understand the allure of handbags, and I can see why a lot of you think it's a total waste of money. Even though it isn't.

Post #23   10/24/12 11:53:15PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

This is probably why it's hard to imagine seeing myself walk down that plank.

I do have some friends who've gotten mah-reed before and they still do the special stuff for each other on anniversaries, bdays and xmas.

I know the whole thing is supposed to trainwreck after a few years, but I still think your wife will really appreciate something you put a little thought into.

Like it doesn't have to be some materialistic shelling out the big bucks to make a statement at all. Maybe try something like getting a sitter for the kids, buying some Aveda massage oil (you provide the massage), buying her favourite bottle of wine (or favourite drink), and some cozy time under the tree. That would be a fun xmas gift... and way better than a snow shovel or a frying pan. Trust me.

I appreciate the suggestion. I really do. But anyway, I love how you refer to the aisle as the plank. Not all planks lead to drowning.

Last edited 10/25/12 11:33AM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   10/25/12 12:16:37AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

No they are not. Im really glad my wife is not into those things and has no obsession with them at all. I get her things she enjoys and am really good at picking out gifts and things. But fuck shoes and bags,

Post #25   10/25/12 10:29:43AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:
I recently read that women would like to get gift cards but men are afraid to give them. I can't believe that, I mean, women are the ones that really take that "gift from the heart" shit seriously, and a gift card doesn't seem too personal or from the heart to me. I hate shopping for women, and in the past I've just taken them to the store to pick something out for themselves. It's not like I know what kind of shoes or handbags to buy them. Pretty sure chicks don't think moonboots are as cool as I think they are.

Post #26   10/25/12 10:47:20AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:
I'm still waiting on my birthday present: radar detector. I will hold off Christmas plans until my demands are met. However, I may make the proposal that she can buy me two of those shock punch stun guns I post in every thread and all will be forgotten. Other than that, nothing new here.

Post #27   10/25/12 12:11:01PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Easy easy easy.....dont classify me with those types of people. My wife gets spoiled. I buy her good gifts every year, I have never gotten her a lame gift. In fact this will be the first year she gets a lame gift (in my eyes its a lame gift). She wants a new stethoscope for work. So i will probably get her that and some other stuff.

Post #28   10/25/12 1:09:34PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by DancingDoll

Easy easy easy.....dont classify me with those types of people. My wife gets spoiled. I buy her good gifts every year, I have never gotten her a lame gift. In fact this will be the first year she gets a lame gift (in my eyes its a lame gift). She wants a new stethoscope for work. So i will probably get her that and some other stuff.

Very nice!

Post #29   10/25/12 2:34:02PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I recently read that women would like to get gift cards but men are afraid to give them. I can't believe that, I mean, women are the ones that really take that "gift from the heart" shit seriously, and a gift card doesn't seem too personal or from the heart to me. I hate shopping for women, and in the past I've just taken them to the store to pick something out for themselves. It's not like I know what kind of shoes or handbags to buy them. Pretty sure chicks don't think moonboots are as cool as I think they are.

This is a great idea. I've done the same thing once or twice when shopping for a guy - taking him there with me, more than the gift card thing. But I don't think gift cards are a bad idea at all.

Last edited 10/25/12 2:38PM server time by DancingDoll
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   10/25/12 2:37:39PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3