Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Franklin opts against TRT ahead of bout

Print  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In this testosterone replacement therapy-infused age of mixed martial arts, Rich Franklin is a prime candidate to receive the treatment.

He’s been at this physically demanding sport now for more than 12 years. At 38, he’s at an age where his natural testosterone levels inevitably decline. He’s sore in the morning when he wakes up and his recovery time is noticeably longer.

Franklin, though, says there are several reasons why he is not on TRT for his fight against Cung Le on Nov. 10, which will headline the UFC on Fuel event in Macau, China.

ESPN

Post #1   10/22/12 7:01:59PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
His mistake. We've all accepted the treatment because it exists and I see no issues if 1/1 to 3/1 is maintained like it's supposed to be.

Anyway i have no doubt Anderson would love another free title defense and would push for this fight...

Franklin does look like an old man at lhw, never was any good fighting that heavy. He needs to start tanking guys like he used to with his strength advantage.

Post #2   10/22/12 7:24:04PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

His mistake. We've all accepted the treatment because it exists and I see no issues if 1/1 to 3/1 is maintained like it's supposed to be.

Anyway i have no doubt Anderson would love another free title defense and would push for this fight...

Franklin does look like an old man at lhw, never was any good fighting that heavy. He needs to start tanking guys like he used to with his strength advantage.

i agree, although it is his choice obviously, i think if he needs it he should do it. there is nothing wrong doing it as long as the rules are followed. i am glad to see him back at MW too

Post #3   10/22/12 8:23:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,618-946
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Good man Franklin.

Just because they tell you its okay to cheat doesn't mean you have to do it. Make your own moral choices.

Post #4   10/22/12 11:47:44PM