Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fighters you would like to have dropped or gone up a weight clas Retired or Active.

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
1 Anderson up to 205 to actually fight a top ranked guy (Griffin Bonnar and Irvin just dont do it for me)
2 Rashad down to 185 I personally think he's perfect fit for middle weight
3 Aldo up to 155 this kid is a beast and I would love to see what he can do at LW
4 Crocop down to 205 for super fight with Couture or atleast a catch weight bout at like 220 or something.
5 GSP up to 185 to become the MW Champion WAR Canada

Post #16   10/20/12 10:26:35PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,426-852
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I wish Rashad would drop to MW.
I wish Penn would drop to LW.
I wish Aldo would move up to LW.
I wish Fedor would have dropped to LHW.
I wish Roy Nelson would drop to LHW.
I wish Maldonado would drop to MW.
I wish Machida would drop to MW.
I wish Anderson Silva would go up to LHW.

In all of these cases, I wish the fighters would change weight because there are fun opponents for them in weight-classes outside their usual class.

EDIT: I really want to see Anderson Silva vs Rashad Evans.

Last edited 10/20/12 11:07PM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/20/12 11:06:39PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I wanna see Pat Barry move down to LHW. He has the power to make an impact in the division.

I also wanna see the dude who started this thread chill out a little & quit ragging on my boy George.

Post #18   10/21/12 9:07:06AM   

ThatOttGuy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:65-76
Chips:
NEWI wanna see Pat Barry move down to LHW. He has the power to make an impact in the division.

I also wanna see the dude who started this thread chill out a little & quit ragging on my boy George.

i agree on the pat barry move to 205 hes a really short/ small HW his kick boxing is solid he just needs some serious wrestling and submission defense

Post #19   10/21/12 12:24:29PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by george112

Ding Ding Ding

The only thing I remember being flat was AA flat on his face after being KTFO

While that is how the fight ended, Fedor was getting picked apart for the entire match (all half of a round, or however long it lasted). The KO punch from Fedor came when Arlovski had him backed in to a corner and went for a stupid flying knee or something, and that was pretty much the only punch Fedor landed.

Post #20   10/22/12 6:47:23AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

Ding Ding Ding

While that is how the fight ended, Fedor was getting picked apart for the entire match (all half of a round, or however long it lasted). The KO punch from Fedor came when Arlovski had him backed in to a corner and went for a stupid flying knee or something, and that was pretty much the only punch Fedor landed.

So what does that say about what Chael was doing to Silva the WHOLE fight?

Absolutely nothing. Because all the Silva fans will say doesnt matter what went on before the sub he still got the win.

So being a Fedor fan I will say the same thing. Half a round is nothing compared to 4/5 rounds.

Last edited 10/22/12 7:19AM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   10/22/12 7:06:54AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

I wanna see Pat Barry move down to LHW. He has the power to make an impact in the division.

Idk what everyone else here has been smoking, because this is 100% the pink elephant in the room. The dude is shorter than most middle weights and any real heavy weight absolutely towers over him. He has some great striking skills, but he will never touch the top 15 in the HW division. He looks stout but dudes put muscle on top of fat, so perhaps he has quite a bit he could cut under that muscle.

Post #22   10/22/12 10:19:31AM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,474-900
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
This is another topic that Rogan and Goldberg have unduly influenced with their own opinions--ones I don't agree with. Forcing yourself down a weight class is not some magic elixer for success. The lighter weight classes generally have a deeper talent pool and faster fighters with better cardio. Being a big, dehydrated fighter doesn't necessarily allow you to overcompensate for those advantages, particularly if you already showed your shortcoming during your previous career at a higher weight. Not surprisingly, the success of fighters dropping a weight class is limited. I woudln't be surprised if the overall success rate is greater for people going up in weight--that is the tradition in boxing where it is believed that the stress of dieting and weight cuts gets harder as you age and that you should accept your body "filling out" as you go through your career.

People who reached the championship level--like Machida, Hughes, and Evans--are very unlikely to have had more success at a lower weight. Imagining Fedor doing something more at 205 than he did at HW is almost impossible. If anything, his smaller stature would have made it plausible for guys like Wanderlei and Shogun to have challenged him at HW without weight being that big a factor.

The only people I really want to see change weight classes are fighters who are not in great shape at their current weight. Ithink someone like Fabio Maldonado should drop body fat and head to 185. I think someone like Pablo Garza or Kendall Grove needs more muscle as a fighter and they can't possibly do it at their height without changing weight classes.

Post #23   10/22/12 11:19:02AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Easy one.....

Chael @ HW - - - only to add to his (P)erfect legacy

/ thread

So JDS and Nog can Triangle him after Jones and lil Nog make spoiled leftovers.... pretty rank...

Post #24   10/22/12 6:57:23PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

Ding Ding Ding

I agree, I swing from Fedor sack, but he was losing until Arlovski tried to pull some flying shit

Post #25   10/25/12 3:45:58PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2