Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 16 Finale: Dustin Poirier returns to fight Jonathan Brookins on Dec. 15 in Las Vegas

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by KungFuMaster

Dustin has a lot to lose in this fight by fighting a lower tier guy. Maybe he's trying to re-invent himself after the lost to the Zombie - so in that sense, this could be a good rebound fight for him to help rebuild and restructure his fighting style and confidence.

I'm not saying Dustin will steamroll over Brookins but on paper Dustin should have the advantage.

Brookins is no Korean Zombie. And I think the UFC put Dustin against him to get him a fairly easy win and to get him back on track.

If and when Dustin wins I'd like a Poirier vs Nunes or Swanson fight. Those would be some kick ass fights IMO.

Poirier/Nunes or Poirier/Swanson would be awesome

Post #16   10/22/12 2:30:21AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:691-382
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
brookins still has horrible stand-up and unlike michael johnson i have not seen much improvement or evolution since his time on tuf. poirer can ko him or grind a decision out.

Post #17   10/22/12 5:43:04AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like Dustin's chances against Brookins but don't count out Brookins. Dustin gassed hard against the Zombie.

This is MMA and I know you can't count anybody out.
But you gotta keep in mind that Brookins vs Poirier will be nothing like TKZ vs Poirier. Those 2 guys put on a high pace show for us about 5 months ago at the Fairfax, Va main event.
It was also a 5 round fight. Probably one of the best fights of the year.
I'm sure you watched the fight. Right? Every single part of that fight was great.
This is gonna be a 3 rounder with Poirier and Brookins. And I'm sure Dustin has been and will be training/preparing himself like never before.
Brookins is a good fighter don't get me wrong but he's not even close as good as the Zombie.

*If you are interested in the future, I'll Av bet you. Not that Poirier wins but that he finishes Brookins. Let me know if you are interested.

Yeah, I'm gonna bet against the guy who I think will win.

Post #18   10/22/12 12:52:48PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2