Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Roy Nelson's manager says Shane Carwin and camp has found crafty way out of blood testing

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,713-961
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
We've been closely following the drama surrounding the drug testing for the upcoming UFC bout between Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin over the past week and now Nelson's manager has reached out to confirm that VADA testing is out.

Mike Kogan sent me a tweet on Twitter last night, explaining the "crafty" way Carwin's team found out of the testing.

Here's the tweet:

@brentbrookhouse this @ShaneCarwin @roynelsonmma VADA thing is been boiling over with too much drama.. Roy wanted additional testing Shane and his management danced around the issue talking about everything but the answer. Today I finally got the answer from Jason that they will not do VADA but will gladly do others. Problem is others aren't offering to sponsor the test and I'm pretty sure Jason not gonna pay. So this was crafty way to get out of blood testing. Either way he getting his ass beat by Roy so it's whatever at this point.

So, VADA is out.

LINK

Post #1   10/20/12 3:20:26PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
I detect more vacant expressions and horsemeat.

Post #2   10/20/12 4:20:09PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Something about Carwin just rubs me the wrong way. He's ment to be this all American, stand up nice guy but he comes across as fake as Jones. All this dodging blood tests makes him look guilty regardless and saying Nelson is also cheating because of his hair makes him look petty even more.

If it's come down to him bringing hair into the reasons he's not willing to take the tests he's hiding something in my eyes. The UFC should step in and force him to take one.

Last edited 10/21/12 7:38AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   10/21/12 7:35:30AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:976-655
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
in my experince anyone not willing to take a drug test (for any reason), knows they will be dirty. if someone's clean they don't care what's going on, they go in and take the test

Post #4   10/21/12 9:10:56AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Something about Carwin just rubs me the wrong way. He's ment to be this all American, stand up nice guy but he comes across as fake as Jones. All this dodging blood tests makes him look guilty regardless and saying Nelson is also cheating because of his hair makes him look petty even more.

If it's come down to him bringing hair into the reasons he's not willing to take the tests he's hiding something in my eyes. The UFC should step in and force him to take one.

Yep. Something's not right here.

Post #5   10/22/12 5:40:50AM