Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2 fighters suspended following positive UFC 149 drug tests

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Two more UFC fighters recently tested positive for banned substances.

Following July's UFC 149 event, welterweight Matt Riddle was flagged for marijuana while featherweight Francisco Rivera tested positive for an undisclosed over-the-counter stimulant, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from multiple sources close to the event.

Both fighters were suspended for 90 days retroactive to the July 21 event, which makes them eligible to fight on Friday. The results of their respective bouts were not changed.

According to sources close to the competitors, both fighters declined to appeal their punishments and apologized for their actions.

Link

Post #1   10/18/12 8:56:50PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Riddle was busted for smoking a blunt of that Canadian Kush out in Calgary

WAR RIDDLE

Post #2   10/18/12 8:59:31PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by sparky

WAR RIDDLE

Post #3   10/18/12 9:52:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

WAR RIDDLE

Post #4   10/18/12 10:19:07PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i wonder what an over the counter stimulant is? is there a place to ready what these rules are? i would be interested to see some specifics for these banned substances. it always sounds like somebody popped for roids but if weed is banned than what other kind of nonsense are they banning.

Post #5   10/18/12 11:02:04PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

WAR RIDDLE

Maybe Diaz should start fighting in Calgary...90 days for a 1st offense is way better than the NSAC

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   10/19/12 5:06:31AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:781-378
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i wonder what an over the counter stimulant is? is there a place to ready what these rules are? i would be interested to see some specifics for these banned substances. it always sounds like somebody popped for roids but if weed is banned than what other kind of nonsense are they banning.

Most cold/decongestant meds have pseudoephedrine in them. I have a friend that takes 'Tylenol for Colds' on a daily basis because she likes the 'kick' it gives her.

Post #7   10/19/12 9:27:08AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Those over the counters with the pseudophedrine are the basis to make meth also...

Post #8   10/19/12 9:49:45AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tcunningham

Those over the counters with the pseudophedrine are the basis to make meth also...

You would know Kingsmasha wouldn't ya?? A sentence with 3 the's spelled correctly

Now to the story, what is the deal with waiting until the suspensions are basically up to announce them, also the wins not being changed??

Post #9   10/19/12 10:56:48AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by tcunningham

Most cold/decongestant meds have pseudoephedrine in them. I have a friend that takes 'Tylenol for Colds' on a daily basis because she likes the 'kick' it gives her.

You should kindly explain to your friend that acetaminophen (tylenol) is one of the most destructive things to consistently absorb in your liver. The only reason why people get liver failure on Vicodin, acetaminophen...... More destructive than alcohol, more so than any amphetamine I remember.

Jeez people stick to real drugs, theyre much much safer as a general rule...

Post #10   10/19/12 11:23:11AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:781-378
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by tcunningham

You should kindly explain to your friend that acetaminophen (tylenol) is one of the most destructive things to consistently absorb in your liver. The only reason why people get liver failure on Vicodin, acetaminophen...... More destructive than alcohol, more so than any amphetamine I remember.

Jeez people stick to real drugs, theyre much much safer as a general rule...

She didn't even know pseudoephedrine was in the cold meds until I told her *that* was the real reason she was inexplicably jonesing for them everyday.

She is against 'real drugs' but I guess over the counter "shortcuts" don't count in her mind. If it's OTC, it *has* to be safe... that's still a common fallacy among a lot of people.

Post #11   10/19/12 1:12:56PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Chips:
Same as Riddle, I failed a drug test in Calgary for marijuana once haha still got the job tho

Post #12   10/19/12 5:54:55PM