Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva says that if Jon Jones agrees to, he'd be willing to work on a catchweight bout.

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
And completely irrelevant. Uhhhhh Matt Highes lost to Dennis Hallman twice before..... what does that tell you huh?

FUCKING NOTHING, especially nothing about their current careers.

Did you know that Mario Miranda beat David Loiseau by tko! Rich was only able to Decision Loiseau! There are big implications!

Post #46   10/19/12 11:45:38AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jjeans

Dont know whats between you two specifically but Weidman fucking DESTROYED Munoz and had no need to sub anyone when he was too busy TKOing him..... And yes weidman is likely gonna be Anderson's Mike brown.... So lets get that superfight sooner rather than later shall we?

Was this aimed at me??

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #47   10/19/12 2:05:27PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Yes, but at least it's a fight that has actually happened

Lucas FTW.

MMAth doesn't work. But it works a lot better when you're using fights that happened instead of using hypothetical fights and assuming you know who would win.

Post #48   10/19/12 4:24:02PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Probably the most dangerous fight Jon Jones could take...that said, I'd probably say he's got like a 70% chance to win.

Anderson talking catch weight makes me think he really doesn't actually want this fight. After all, he's fought at 205 three times now...one of which was like 5 minutes ago. Its hard to imagine Jones getting lower than 205 since he's one of the larger guys at LHW.

I disagree about Jones being a great striker. In a kickboxing match I think he'd lose to quite a few top fighters. Its just that he works so seamlessly between striking and the clinch and has crazy reach. I think most fighters give his striking too much respect.

Fully agree with the second two paragraphs. I think Overeem, JDS and Cain would give JJ more trouble than Silva though.

If Silva goes up and takes JJ's belt, Machida should move down

Post #49   10/19/12 5:35:54PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by george112

I'm stating right now Jones will take Silva down and dominate. GnP or sub will be up to him.

His long arms are not something Silva is accustomed to. Neither is his speed or strength.

Exactly...People who deny this hate on Jon Jones for running through some of their former favorite fighters

Post #50   10/19/12 9:13:42PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by george112

I'm stating right now Jones will take Silva down and dominate. GnP or sub will be up to him.

His long arms are not something Silva is accustomed to. Neither is his speed or strength.

Exactly...People who deny this hate on Jon Jones for running through some of their former favorite fighters

He couldnt outstrike Lyoto for shit and Lyoto is not on the same level of single punch knockouts as anderson. Reach counts for nothing agains guys who are that good unless you are that good.

And I dont like Jon because he's as inauthentic as you ger.

Post #51   10/19/12 10:36:28PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I would take Anderson, Jones for a brief moment looked scared and amateur against Vitor, I've never seen Anderson look scared, not even when Chael was dominating him. If Machida could hit Jones I think Anderson would match-up quite well with Jones.

Post #52   10/19/12 11:14:48PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Would be the most interesting fight I can think of. I could see Anderson winning, but he'd have to show better TDD than he has ever shown in his career.

Post #53   10/20/12 4:01:46AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by george112

their FORMER favorite fighters? are you fucking kidding me? i bet there are so many people out there saying "JJ beat my former favorite fighter so now I hate him. He didn't beat my fav fighter, just my FORMER favorite. Not the guy that I love more than anyone, but the guy that I used to love more than anyone." Give me a fucking break!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #54   10/20/12 5:35:32AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

I've always hated Anderson Silva. Never did like him. I've always rooted against him - but if this fight happens, I hope he crushes Jon Jones to smitherine.

Thats not true KFM, I remember you imploring guys to root for him when he fought Vitor because of the perceived mistreatment that Anderson got because Vitor was the more well known fighter

I did give a run-down of the story behind Anderson And Vitor. But I don't remember rooting for Anderson in that fight. I remember saying something like Anderson comes from humble beginnings but he has such a big head now that he is champion.

I don't know, Prophecy. Maybe I did want him to win and earn the spotlight he so dearly deserves after being mistreated badly by his fight camp and Brazil. Bingo - I remember now. I did say it.

Post #55   10/21/12 12:31:51AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by george112

their FORMER favorite fighters? are you fucking kidding me? i bet there are so many people out there saying "JJ beat my former favorite fighter so now I hate him. He didn't beat my fav fighter, just my FORMER favorite. Not the guy that I love more than anyone, but the guy that I used to love more than anyone." Give me a fucking break!

LOL - I might like Jon Jones a little more if Anderson whooped his ass.

Post #56   10/21/12 12:53:56AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4