Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva says that if Jon Jones agrees to, he'd be willing to work on a catchweight bout.

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I've always hated Anderson Silva. Never did like him. I've always rooted against him - but if this fight happens, I hope he crushes Jon Jones to smitherine.

Last edited 10/19/12 1:17AM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   10/19/12 1:17:06AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I've always hated Anderson Silva. Never did like him. I've always rooted against him - but if this fight happens, I hope he crushes Jon Jones to smitherine.

Thats not true KFM, I remember you imploring guys to root for him when he fought Vitor because of the perceived mistreatment that Anderson got because Vitor was the more well known fighter

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #32   10/19/12 1:25:19AM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by OnyxShadow

Probably the most dangerous fight Jon Jones could take...that said, I'd probably say he's got like a 70% chance to win.

Anderson talking catch weight makes me think he really doesn't actually want this fight. After all, he's fought at 205 three times now...one of which was like 5 minutes ago. Its hard to imagine Jones getting lower than 205 since he's one of the larger guys at LHW.

I disagree about Jones being a great striker. In a kickboxing match I think he'd lose to quite a few top fighters. Its just that he works so seamlessly between striking and the clinch and has crazy reach. I think most fighters give his striking too much respect.

This is exactly right....Silva doesnt want this fight...A catchweight really? I can see that helping Silva since Jones I guess would have to cut weight...

Jones striking is not great but great boxers know how to use a reach advantage if they have one...Jones uses his pretty flawlessly to this point....

I dont understand why people think this is a good fight....I want to see it...Just to see Silva get beatdown...

Silva cant stop the takedown...PLain and simple....IF this was a boxing match I would give Silva a good chance...

I pray to the heavens that the oddsmakers favor Silva but I would say right now i would see it as -350 Jon Jones...

I dont think Silva could beat Rashad or even Shogun....And Jones ran through them like hot butter...

Jones has a wrestling advantage but Silva has the ability to end the fight with one shot and is elusive enough to land that big shot. Jones would not finish Silva with one shot so Silva has the advantage there.

Your presuming Silva wouldn't beat Evans or Shogun but i've seen nothing that makes me think Silva wouldn't beat them 2 fighters. Although this makes no difference to what the outcome would be because MMA maths doesn't work but i could throw back at you an actual fact Bonner took Jones to a decision but Silva ran through Bonner like a knife through hot butter

Post #33   10/19/12 4:02:27AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:625-338
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i used to think that jones would beat anderson quite convincingly..now i am not so sure. After what anderson did to chael in their last fight, and what he just did to bonnar.

people can go on and on blah blah blah about jones wrestling advantage and size but anderson seems unstoppable and as dangerous as he has ever looked before.

Post #34   10/19/12 4:24:56AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
Whenever Kingsmasher posts

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #35   10/19/12 4:32:25AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
I can understand the reasons for Silva wanting a catchweight. If he takes the fight at LHW and wins then he gets the belt and therefore will be expected to defend it against colleagues in his fight camp which is against their ethos. He would not expect a member of his team to go in at MW and start mounting a title challenge against him.

If this fight happens, and I hope it does, my money is on Silva. Just can't bet against him having seen the things he does in the cage.

Also if this fight happens I might have to get myself on a flight to the US of A

Post #36   10/19/12 5:41:18AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Silva trucks Jones! RD 1 KO

Sweet merciful jesus they need to make this fight... Catchweight, LHW, HW, whatever works.

Wait until after Bones beats Sonnen and The Spider beats Rush. Then make Bones vs The Spider for big $$$$

Last edited 10/19/12 7:33AM server time by State_Champ

Post #37   10/19/12 7:33:28AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Whenever Kingsmasher posts

I wish there was a picture of 20 people doing this.....I would have posted it for this thread.

Post #38   10/19/12 9:52:13AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

People are crazy Silva doesnt have a chance.....

Put it like this...If Bones gets anyone against the cage....Say goodnight...Your going on your back....Especially Silva...

I love it....talk your way into a fight Silva....

I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight ?

Yes I have he cant stop a takedown from a legit wrestler....And the only legit wrestler hes fought could barely keep Bisping down...

To test Chaels wrestling I would like to see him fight a wrestler from now like Bader....I think Bader woudl knock Chaels Block off....

My point is Chael is nobody really...He has not fought a wrestler either and Bisping who ahs good takedown defense made Chael look silly....Chael took Silva down at will but could do nothing with the position....Weidman will choke out Silva...

:-

The same weidman that couldn't sub munoz?

Couldnt sub Munoz? huh makes no sense he split his forehead open so bad it was almost attempted murder....Not to mention made the fight look like a man vs a boy just in the wrestling category...and Munoz was Silvas wrestliing coach...not something that would exactly give confidence to Silva in wrestling..

Post #39   10/19/12 9:53:15AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by OnyxShadow

Probably the most dangerous fight Jon Jones could take...that said, I'd probably say he's got like a 70% chance to win.

Anderson talking catch weight makes me think he really doesn't actually want this fight. After all, he's fought at 205 three times now...one of which was like 5 minutes ago. Its hard to imagine Jones getting lower than 205 since he's one of the larger guys at LHW.

I disagree about Jones being a great striker. In a kickboxing match I think he'd lose to quite a few top fighters. Its just that he works so seamlessly between striking and the clinch and has crazy reach. I think most fighters give his striking too much respect.

This is exactly right....Silva doesnt want this fight...A catchweight really? I can see that helping Silva since Jones I guess would have to cut weight...

Jones striking is not great but great boxers know how to use a reach advantage if they have one...Jones uses his pretty flawlessly to this point....

I dont understand why people think this is a good fight....I want to see it...Just to see Silva get beatdown...

Silva cant stop the takedown...PLain and simple....IF this was a boxing match I would give Silva a good chance...

I pray to the heavens that the oddsmakers favor Silva but I would say right now i would see it as -350 Jon Jones...

I dont think Silva could beat Rashad or even Shogun....And Jones ran through them like hot butter...

Jones has a wrestling advantage but Silva has the ability to end the fight with one shot and is elusive enough to land that big shot. Jones would not finish Silva with one shot so Silva has the advantage there.

Your presuming Silva wouldn't beat Evans or Shogun but i've seen nothing that makes me think Silva wouldn't beat them 2 fighters. Although this makes no difference to what the outcome would be because MMA maths doesn't work but i could throw back at you an actual fact Bonner took Jones to a decision but Silva ran through Bonner like a knife through hot butter

Good point thanks....That fight was only 1 and a half years after Jon Jones first fight in MMA...

Post #40   10/19/12 9:56:48AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #41   10/19/12 10:21:19AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I'm stating right now Jones will take Silva down and dominate. GnP or sub will be up to him.

His long arms are not something Silva is accustomed to. Neither is his speed or strength.

Last edited 10/19/12 10:45AM server time by george112

Post #42   10/19/12 10:33:33AM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,035-618
Chips:
I think this fight simply needs to happen. They're both so dominant. I'm not interested in seeing Sonnen, Hendo, Texeira, Machida, and Gustauffson get smashed by Jones. I'm not interested in seeing Boetsch, Bisping, Belcher, and Weidman get smashed by Silva (although Weidman is a little scary, I'll admit). They're both at the point in their respective weight classes where a catchweight battle makes sense. And Silva could do it. After all, Machida took Rd 1 from Jones.

Post #43   10/19/12 11:02:25AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Dont know whats between you two specifically but Weidman fucking DESTROYED Munoz and had no need to sub anyone when he was too busy TKOing him..... And yes weidman is likely gonna be Anderson's Mike brown.... So lets get that superfight sooner rather than later shall we?

Post #44   10/19/12 11:30:11AM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by OnyxShadow

Good point thanks....That fight was only 1 and a half years after Jon Jones first fight in MMA...

Yes, but at least it's a fight that has actually happened

Post #45   10/19/12 11:35:29AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4