Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva says that if Jon Jones agrees to, he'd be willing to work on a catchweight bout.

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

People are crazy Silva doesnt have a chance.....

Put it like this...If Bones gets anyone against the cage....Say goodnight...Your going on your back....Especially Silva...

I love it....talk your way into a fight Silva....

I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight ?

Yes I have he cant stop a takedown from a legit wrestler....And the only legit wrestler hes fought could barely keep Bisping down...

To test Chaels wrestling I would like to see him fight a wrestler from now like Bader....I think Bader woudl knock Chaels Block off....

My point is Chael is nobody really...He has not fought a wrestler either and Bisping who ahs good takedown defense made Chael look silly....Chael took Silva down at will but could do nothing with the position....Weidman will choke out Silva...

Post #16   10/18/12 6:00:07PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

Put it like this...If Bones gets anyone against the cage....Say goodnight...Your going on your back....Especially Silva...

I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight ?

Yes I have he cant stop a takedown from a legit wrestler....And the only legit wrestler hes fought could barely keep Bisping down...

To test Chaels wrestling I would like to see him fight a wrestler from now like Bader....I think Bader woudl knock Chaels Block off....

My point is Chael is nobody really...He has not fought a wrestler either and Bisping who ahs good takedown defense made Chael look silly....Chael took Silva down at will but could do nothing with the position....Weidman will choke out Silva...

Hey buddy, sit the next couple plays out. Silva would make Weidman look foolish. Hes the best fighter in the history of the UFC. Youre being silly now. Sit them out for a few.

Post #17   10/18/12 6:02:35PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,064-693
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
i want to see this fight end in a double KO

Post #18   10/18/12 6:03:19PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by OnyxShadow

Probably the most dangerous fight Jon Jones could take...that said, I'd probably say he's got like a 70% chance to win.

Anderson talking catch weight makes me think he really doesn't actually want this fight. After all, he's fought at 205 three times now...one of which was like 5 minutes ago. Its hard to imagine Jones getting lower than 205 since he's one of the larger guys at LHW.

I disagree about Jones being a great striker. In a kickboxing match I think he'd lose to quite a few top fighters. Its just that he works so seamlessly between striking and the clinch and has crazy reach. I think most fighters give his striking too much respect.

This is exactly right....Silva doesnt want this fight...A catchweight really? I can see that helping Silva since Jones I guess would have to cut weight...

Jones striking is not great but great boxers know how to use a reach advantage if they have one...Jones uses his pretty flawlessly to this point....

I dont understand why people think this is a good fight....I want to see it...Just to see Silva get beatdown...

Silva cant stop the takedown...PLain and simple....IF this was a boxing match I would give Silva a good chance...

I pray to the heavens that the oddsmakers favor Silva but I would say right now i would see it as -350 Jon Jones...

I dont think Silva could beat Rashad or even Shogun....And Jones ran through them like hot butter...

Post #19   10/18/12 6:06:18PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

Hey buddy, sit the next couple plays out. Silva would make Weidman look foolish. Hes the best fighter in the history of the UFC. Youre being silly now. Sit them out for a few.

I totally disagree with the best in teh history of the UFC...I guess you can say that but it sound like the UFC has been around for 50 years...Silvas fought a bunch of guys that were not that good.....Jones has beaten guys that were much more well ronuded than Silva ever dreamed of.....

Oh yeah Silva has a loss on his record too...A legit loss...Also remember his performance against Thales Leites and Demain Maia....He avoided the ground if he was the best P4P he would of went there....

Post #20   10/18/12 6:11:32PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,252-1,525
Chips:
Jones vs. Silva is the only super fight that makes any sense. GSP vs. Silva makes no sense whatsoever. Jones has to tangle with Sonnen first so we may have to be patient but in the long run if both Silva and Jones still have their belts and their superiority in their divisions then a Jones/Silva fight is the right thing to do. It will be pushed as the greatest fight in MMA history. If they do fight I think Silva will win and his superior level will be clearly apparent.

Post #21   10/18/12 7:04:12PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Jones vs. Silva is the only super fight that makes any sense. GSP vs. Silva makes no sense whatsoever. Jones has to tangle with Sonnen first so we may have to be patient but in the long run if both Silva and Jones still have their belts and their superiority in their divisions then a Jones/Silva fight is the right thing to do. It will be pushed as the greatest fight in MMA history. If they do fight I think Silva will win and his superior level will be clearly apparent.

Yeah he can practice with Andersons second round leftover straight out the fridge. Wait in line anderson...

Post #22   10/18/12 7:34:22PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Money talks

Post #23   10/18/12 7:38:27PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,803-1,537
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I personally think Jones wipes the floor with Silva but you never know with this sport if Anderson scores a KO it wouldn't surprise me at all. My moneys on Jones and so is my AV if/when it happens

Post #24   10/18/12 7:51:07PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by sparky

I personally think Jones wipes the floor with Silva but you never know with this sport if Anderson scores a KO it wouldn't surprise me at all. My moneys on Jones and so is my AV if/when it happens

I DON'T think he wipes the floor with him for the simple fact both will be weary of the other skills BUT I do think Jones wins this fight

Post #25   10/18/12 7:54:43PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,838-1,149
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

:-

The same weidman that couldn't sub munoz?

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #26   10/18/12 8:51:42PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:
i bet the next guy that gets a hold of JJs arm tries to break it

Post #27   10/18/12 8:55:49PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I still don't know what Vitor was thinking

Post #28   10/18/12 10:16:44PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I still don't know what Vitor was thinking

Rewatch the fight, he definitely popped it minorly and lost the hold. I dont buy that he popped it and let go when I watch him grimacing down on it.

Anderson could definitely win a catchweight fight against a Jones who wont be able to finish Anderson. Jones tires early in fights and continues to push hard (technically too) but Silva only needs one opening.

Anyway since Silva isnt a wrestler and has a lazyish guard defensively
and Jones will have to work much harder than silva to win

I dont have a clue how it might play out.

Post #29   10/18/12 11:00:35PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

I don't know how he comes up with 80% of his conclusions

I think we'd all be better off just skipping over kinsmasher's posts.

I love this fight though. Make it happen DFW.

Anderson Silva is on board now and I doubt Jon Jones will continue to turn down the fight after having been called out in public.

Post #30   10/19/12 12:44:40AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4