Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva says that if Jon Jones agrees to, he'd be willing to work on a catchweight bout.

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
What was once an impossibility seems to have become something that is routed to happen. A fight between two of the biggest names in the MMA world may finally be making the dreams of fans and passing slowly becoming reality. In an interview during a promotional event in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday, Anderson Silva has admitted for the first time, you may face Jon Jones , regarded by many as the only fighter able to overcome it in the UFC octagon, yet that unwillingly.

- "People are talking about it so much ... I have no such intention, it has something that motivates me, just because they have other athletes on my team, as Nogueira, Maldonado, Beans, Cauldron, which is the weight of it. My weight is 84kg, this is my title. But people talk so much, and we are the official UFC. Of course, I do not want to be talking, but what if he goes there and accepted the money that Dana will give him wanting to fight? It'll be difficult. It's not the money that motivates me to fight, I fight because I like it. So, I dunno ... I would not. But if it happens, would be that the weight-matched. Not worth his belt. I already got mine and I do not want to leave a title dropped."

The statement was the first Spider admitting that confrontation regarded by many as "the real fight of the century" might happen. After the press conference of UFC Rio III in the early hours of last Sunday, the UFC president, Dana White, said he will make every effort to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva would face, because that is the will of the fans.

LINK

Last edited 10/18/12 3:54PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   10/18/12 3:54:14PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Make it happen Dana for the love of God

Post #2   10/18/12 3:59:52PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
sorry andy im a little wrapped up at the moment with someone else fighting jon jones try again later

Post #3   10/18/12 4:04:51PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:715-434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You heard the man, lets get it on!

Post #4   10/18/12 4:08:18PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Silva trucks Jones! RD 1 KO

Sweet merciful jesus they need to make this fight... Catchweight, LHW, HW, whatever works.

Post #5   10/18/12 4:18:38PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
An-der-son would violate Jay-Jay so bad that Bonesy in a sick way would enjoy it.

Apparently young Jay-Jay is a fan of Erotic asphyxiation

Post #6   10/18/12 4:27:07PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I really dont wanna see this fight. Jones will end up beating Silva the GOAT. Old vs new, i does not interest me. I wanna see Jones fight Hendo and rematch Machida. I wanna see Silva take on Bisping, weidman or boetsch.

Post #7   10/18/12 4:27:28PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
People are crazy Silva doesnt have a chance.....

Put it like this...If Bones gets anyone against the cage....Say goodnight...Your going on your back....Especially Silva...

I love it....talk your way into a fight Silva....

Post #8   10/18/12 4:29:59PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Put it like this...If Bones gets anyone against the cage....Say goodnight...Your going on your back....Especially Silva...

Feeding the troll. Hows it talking your way into a fight when every time he's been asked he said no? If thats the top fight fans, hardcore and casual alike, why not make it?

Post #9   10/18/12 4:34:08PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Im going to ignore of few of the past posts, cause they are plain stupid, and we all know who I am talking about.

Everyone and their mother, father, sister, brother, pet, grand child and neighbor wants to see this damn fight. Two of the most exciting champs ever in the UFC. Who wouldnt want to watch those fireworks. Everybody is so one sided with either Jones a heavy favorite and Silva the heavy favorite. All for early victories. I have no idea how to pick the fight. You take two of the best strikers around, both with great D. Winner goes to whoever can fight a mistake free fight.

Please find a way to make this happen, we need it, the UFC needs it, Dana needs, and once again we need it.

Post #10   10/18/12 5:30:29PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,806-887
Chips:
Probably the most dangerous fight Jon Jones could take...that said, I'd probably say he's got like a 70% chance to win.

Anderson talking catch weight makes me think he really doesn't actually want this fight. After all, he's fought at 205 three times now...one of which was like 5 minutes ago. Its hard to imagine Jones getting lower than 205 since he's one of the larger guys at LHW.

I disagree about Jones being a great striker. In a kickboxing match I think he'd lose to quite a few top fighters. Its just that he works so seamlessly between striking and the clinch and has crazy reach. I think most fighters give his striking too much respect.

Last edited 10/18/12 5:40PM server time by OnyxShadow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   10/18/12 5:38:35PM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight ?

Post #12   10/18/12 5:39:42PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
you said man. anyone who says they dont want to see this fight is a jones/silva nuthugger plain stupid, and we all know who I am talking about.

Everyone and their mother, father, sister, brother, pet, grand child and neighbor wants to see this damn fight. Two of the most exciting champs ever in the UFC. Who wouldnt want to watch those fireworks. Everybody is so one sided with either Jones a heavy favorite and Silva the heavy favorite. All for early victories. I have no idea how to pick the fight. You take two of the best strikers around, both with great D. Winner goes to whoever can fight a mistake free fight.

Please find a way to make this happen, we need it, the UFC needs it, Dana needs, and once again we need it.

This post is spot on.

Silva/Jones nuthuggers don't want this fight because it'll mean one of them has to lose

I want to point out I'm not saying anyone in this thread is a nuthugger but I know they do lurk here on the playground

Post #13   10/18/12 5:54:36PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kingsmasher

Feeding the troll. Hows it talking your way into a fight when every time he's been asked he said no? If thats the top fight fans, hardcore and casual alike, why not make it?

I said talk your way into a fight cause I sincerly believe Jon Jones knows he will wipe Silva across the ring and was being respectful to the fact that Silva was avoiding a fight with him....I still dont see the fight happening...

Jon Jones has Chael, Gustaffson, Glover and who knows what else...That will keep him busy for the next couple years...By then if Silva is a true champ he will fight Weidman...Then I doubt we ever hear about Silva and Jones again...

Thing is I think Dana now has what he wants and wants to make these super fights so anyone that has a good chance of beating either...Like Weidman over Silva or Glover over Jones....Dana will do whatever to keep those fights from happening until he gets his super fights...

Dana White will soon become the Bob Arum/Don King of MMA and doesnt even know it...

Post #14   10/18/12 5:56:57PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Posted by kingsmasher

I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, have you ever seen Anderson Silva fight ?

I don't know how he comes up with 80% of his conclusions

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #15   10/18/12 5:58:08PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4