Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Patrick Cote: Fighting Anderson Silva a Complicated, Weird Experience

Print  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I enjoyed this read from Cote on what it's like to fight Anderson Silva

Sherdog

“It’s very complicated to fight this guy because you never know what’s going to happen or what he’s going to do,” Cote said. “We saw what he did Saturday night. Once again he did something new. He was staying against the fence and he was playing with Bonnar. Bonnar is no joke. Bonnar is a good fighter. He’s tough. He’s durable, and [Silva] was playing with him like a little kid.” Cote fought Silva in October 2008 at UFC 90. He made it into the third round before the fight was stopped when he tore his ACL. “It’s hard to explain how to fight him,” Cote said, “because if you go forward, he’s behind you. You try to hit him, and he’s not there. It’s very, very weird.”

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #1   10/18/12 5:54:47AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sounds like it sucks.

I'd love the chance to get my ass kicked by him in the gym though.

Post #2   10/18/12 9:35:58AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
he truly is amazing on the feet. his speed advantage over bonnar war incredible. that being said, i think its time for somebody to KO silva

Post #3   10/18/12 11:34:53AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:
It sure was a weird complicated experience for Forrest

Post #4   10/18/12 11:39:40AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Standing against the cage was new I guess. But that was only to bait Bonnar into punching first. Silva is a counter puncher and he played Bonnar like a damn fiddle. He did exactly what Silva wanted him to do. Sucks but it is what it is.

Post #5   10/18/12 11:42:42AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think its time for somebody to KO silva

if he keeps letting people hit him in the face w/ his hands down, it could very well happen sooner than most think

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #6   10/18/12 3:57:55PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by tcunningham

if he keeps letting people hit him in the face w/ his hands down, it could very well happen sooner than most think

It's funny because Bonnar did tag him a few times and it wasn't till Bonnars combination was almost over that he would start that god awful bobbing shit. Totally making it LOOK like he had some sort of almighty evasive movements.

I'm ready for the KO

Post #7   10/18/12 4:12:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Chips:
Watching you fight Silva live in Chicago was a complicated and weird experience. Still my worst live travel event

Getting lost. Having a rainy storm while I was there
Having a holiday inn employee steal my fight ticket in my room jusy to top it off with a main event which was lousy
Cherry on top was when cote blew out his knee. End of fight can't wait to get back to cali.

Post #8   10/18/12 8:03:48PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Watching you fight Silva live in Chicago was a complicated and weird experience. Still my worst live travel event

Having a holiday inn employee steal my fight ticket in my room jusy to top it off with a main event which was lousy
Cherry on top was when cote blew out his knee. End of fight can't wait to get back to cali.

That event sucked for me as well. I live in the Chicago burbs (about an hour from the event). Me and my GF drove all the way down there and then realized we forgot the tickets.

Then we drove all the way home and got the tickets, only to realize that since we bought them on credit card, they would have been able to look it up.....

Post #9   10/19/12 12:25:45AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by prozacnation1978

That event sucked for me as well. I live in the Chicago burbs (about an hour from the event). Me and my GF drove all the way down there and then realized we forgot the tickets.

Then we drove all the way home and got the tickets, only to realize that since we bought them on credit card, they would have been able to look it up.....

Must have been something in the air that night.

Post #10   10/19/12 5:53:56AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by tcunningham

It's funny because Bonnar did tag him a few times and it wasn't till Bonnars combination was almost over that he would start that god awful bobbing shit. Totally making it LOOK like he had some sort of almighty evasive movements.

I'm ready for the KO

god awful bobbing shit?

Did you not see how effective it has been for Anderson?
He used it against Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, etc...

Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to say?

Post #11   10/19/12 7:30:59AM