Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

So Spider and Bones will have three common opponents

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler
What is GSP going to do after he lays on Condit for 5 rounds? ... The guy has had enough boring fights, he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion.

you have just lost any and all credibility

There are better reasons than "boring fights" to make someone irrelevant in a P4P discussion. Please be intelligent and make real debates on a mature MMA forum. Just cause GSP doesn't KO guys in 12 seconds and makes the blood splatter on the guys in the front row who only came to see boxing matches, does not make him a boring fighter.

Last edited 10/18/12 7:21PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #16   10/18/12 7:20:31PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
Actually that wasn't me in that thread, maybe you should get your facts in order.

Even if someone brought it up to me, why continue the trend...completely irrelevant.

Posted by Bubbles
If people want to believe in a divine being, as long as they use it to have some semblance of a moral compass and not commit a mass shooting because "God told them too" what difference does that make?

Who the hell said people couldn't believe what they want...

P.S. It makes a big difference what people believe, it affects all your other beliefs and beliefs do not live in a vacuum, they affect others, in very negative ways, 9/11 is the best example of modern terrorism justified by a religion. For example, if you thought it was okay to tell people in Africa that condoms are worse than Aids, you think immorally because your religion says so. Religion is sort of mankinds' collective ignorance over the centuries and it is slowly dying down as we learn more and advance. Religion had it's chance to rule the world and it was called the dark ages. Thank Science and reason that we don't live there anymore and we are allowed to question those who think they have all the answers from the bronze age instead of being locked in the tower like Galileo or burnt at the stake like witches in Salem.

Post #17   10/19/12 7:38:32AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler
What is GSP going to do after he lays on Condit for 5 rounds? ... The guy has had enough boring fights, he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion.

There are better reasons than "boring fights" to make someone irrelevant in a P4P discussion. Please be intelligent and make real debates on a mature MMA forum. Just cause GSP doesn't KO guys in 12 seconds and makes the blood splatter on the guys in the front row who only came to see boxing matches, does not make him a boring fighter.

I can respect that someone thinks "Rush" is exciting, just does nothing for me and hasn't since he lost his killer instinct.

Post #18   10/19/12 7:40:42AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,134-678
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

I can respect that someone thinks "Rush" is exciting, just does nothing for me and hasn't since he lost his killer instinct.

So your saying that because you find him boring he's not in your P4P?

"The guy has had enough boring fights, he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion"

Either your P4P is an excitement based ranking or you needed to use a full stop

"The guy has had enough boring fights. he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion"

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #19   10/19/12 10:40:59AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

So your saying that because you find him boring he's not in your P4P?

"The guy has had enough boring fights, he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion"

Either your P4P is an excitement based ranking or you needed to use a full stop

"The guy has had enough boring fights. he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion"

I never said he wasn't in the P4P talk just not at the top anymore thus needing to fight the spider after 5 years of pussyfooting around the fight claiming guys like Dan Hardy are his toughest challenge, clearly lying. And since he refuses to take super fights with anyone other than LW's then you can't truly be a P4P guy if you only fight at your weight and challenge smaller guys, doesn't make him less of a person or fighter just unwilling to bend on weight or taking bigger challenges. On paper yes he is P4P one of the higher ranked guys to a lot of people but if BJ or Aldo for example were 6'0 200 lbs with the same skill-set then George is not even in my radar for P4P at that point.

Post #20   10/21/12 5:43:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Cooler
I never said he wasn't in the P4P talk just not at the top anymore thus needing to fight the spider after 5 years of pussyfooting around the fight claiming guys like Dan Hardy are his toughest challenge, clearly lying. And since he refuses to take super fights with anyone other than LW's then you can't truly be a P4P guy if you only fight at your weight and challenge smaller guys, doesn't make him less of a person or fighter just unwilling to bend on weight or taking bigger challenges. On paper yes he is P4P one of the higher ranked guys to a lot of people but if BJ or Aldo for example were 6'0 200 lbs with the same skill-set then George is not even in my radar for P4P at that point.

yeah that is exacly what you said:

Posted by Cooler
The guy has had enough boring fights, he needs to fight the spider to even be relevant anymore in the P4P discussion.

I figured you would be smart enough to realize that GSP was trying to hype the fight rather than actually believe it. Everyone with half a brain knew it was a mismatch and he was trying to draw more interest to it. But I guess guys like Cote and Leites are so much more dangerous to Silva than Hardy was to GSP right?

BJ Penn is a welterweight. He was a former champ and has been there for the last 2 years. If he was a LW then he would be fighting down there. Also your definition of p4p is flawed. P4P is all about who is the better fighter if size wasn't a factor and we use current results as a measure of that since there is a size discrepancy. Penn got taken down by a FW, why couldn't GSP do the same to 200lb Penn? Not to mention he would gas after 8 minutes of GSP's pace. If GSP were to be 6'3 215 lbs, he would have a field day vs Anderson...so should I make the claim that Silva isn't the top fighter in the world right now?

Last edited 10/22/12 12:06AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   10/21/12 11:07:48PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I have 0 interest in seeing GSP vs Silva.

I'd much rather see Silva vs Jones.

Post #22   10/27/12 4:07:28PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
yeah that is exacly what you said:

To stay relevant at the TOP of the P4P talk yes he has to fight a P4P top guy, herp herp. Notice I did put a distinction in there that flew over your head.

Posted by Bubbles
I figured you would be smart enough to realize that GSP was trying to hype the fight rather than actually believe it. Everyone with half a brain knew it was a mismatch and he was trying to draw more interest to it. But I guess guys like Cote and Leites are so much more dangerous to Silva than Hardy was to GSP right?

At least Silva didn't lie and claim Leities was his toughest opponent, then proceed to half ass two locked up armbars on Hardy, a guy with sub-par grappling...At least Silva showed his disdain for the mismatches, Maia, Leities, Cote, while GSP held back in his easiest fights, Shields, Kos, Hardy.

Posted by Bubbles
BJ Penn is a welterweight. He was a former champ and has been there for the last 2 years.

He wasn't a WW at the time, he was a LW champion. Aren't you the guy who was trying to discredit Vitor for the LHW title shot because he "shouldn't have been LHW champion" but since BJ was a former WW champ it makes perfect sense for GSP...sure it was a grudge match and a super fight but then GSP proceeds to never really challenge himself again which is why nobody considers him P4P best anymore or the discussion between who is P4P better GSP and Silva has died down because we have seen that GSP doesn't care about P4P, which is fine but don't defend the guy for ducking Anderson when Anderson even agreed to fight him at 170.

Posted by Bubbles
If he was a LW then he would be fighting down there.

BJ was LW champ at the time, herp derp x2.

Posted by Bubbles
Also your definition of p4p is flawed. P4P is all about who is the better fighter if size wasn't a factor and we use current results as a measure of that since there is a size discrepancy.

That's imaginary bullshit, it we are to put it objectively in the real world, its about the guy who can overcome weight. Royce Gracie would be a P4P guy because he fought guys out of his weight class and BJ who fought Machida at 205 or Genki Sudo who fought Butterbean at 300+lbs not a guy who fights mostly smaller WW's than him, a small LW who almost beat him a few years before that and got KO'd by a small WW. GSP is far from the top of a realistic P4P scenario, even Aldo would give him a run for his money and I would pay big to see that.

Posted by Bubbles
Penn got taken down by a FW, why couldn't GSP do the same to 200lb Penn?

That's not BJ Penn at a natural 200lbs that's a fat BJ Penn, he is still at his same height and body mass, put BJ at the weight height and weight as GSP and you've got a completely different fight, especially since BJ was known for having a crazy sprawl or did you forget that? GSP tried his best to get him down in their second fight in the first round and couldn't until BJ gassed out...Who's the one who's P4P illiterate again when you say something as ridiculous as that?

Posted by Bubbles
Not to mention he would gas after 8 minutes of GSP's pace. If GSP were to be 6'3 215 lbs, he would have a field day vs Anderson...so should I make the claim that Silva isn't the top fighter in the world right now?

Sure you could but too bad GSP doesn't like to get hit and the first knee or punch that Ando hits him with would make his glass heart come out. I mean seriously if Serra and Hughes can do it, Ando definitely can, and probably at any weight.

Last edited 10/27/12 8:19PM server time by cooler
4 total post edits

Post #23   10/27/12 8:11:49PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:972-649
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

I have 0 interest in seeing GSP vs Silva.

I'd much rather see Silva vs Jones.

same here

Post #24   10/27/12 9:32:56PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2