Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Henderson addresses Chael Sonnen's 'TUF 17' assignment, title fight

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Just two short months ago, Dan Henderson was on deck for a well-deserved title shot against UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

But following a knee injury that forced him out of a title fight at September's subsequently canceled UFC 151 event, the division has moved on without him.

For example, with his promised title shot now a distant memory, Henderson is forced to watch Chael Sonnen cut to the front of the line.

Link

Post #1   10/17/12 11:56:04AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I forgot all about Dan! That makes this shit that much worse

Post #2   10/17/12 12:00:22PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I'm one of the few ppl who dont like Hendo but the man has a point. I would much rather watch Hendo vs Jones not to mention Hendo has done enough at 205 to deserve a title shot.

Title shots should be earned not just given out

Last edited 10/17/12 1:04PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   10/17/12 1:01:21PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

the man has a point like I would much rather watch Hendo vs Jones not to mention Hendo has done enough at 205 to deserve a title shot.

Yup. Hendo has easily done enough to warrant a title shot. I also think he has the better chance of pulling off a win, compared to Chael. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   10/17/12 1:05:46PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Chips:
That's what you get for screwing my Ufc 151 event up
I'm still pissed about it
I don't feel bad for Dan

Post #5   10/17/12 2:30:02PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I don't feel bad for Dan

right because
Dan injuring his knee
is completely his fault
and is the reason why 151 got cancelled

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   10/17/12 2:34:30PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

I don't feel bad for Dan

The man is over 40 years old and is not known for pulling out of fights due to injury, and now there's a good chance that he won't ever see another title shot just because Chael Sonnen has a huge mouth. You don't feel bad for him at all? It's not like he's faking it. Admittedly I'm a Dan Henderson fan to some degree but I think he deserves our wishes for all of the years he has put into the sport. He put on one of the greatest fights in the history of MMA, against one of the toughest light heavyweights ever to earn the title shot in the first place. Now he's being leap frogged by some loudmouth who just got worked in a title shot at a different weight class, Urijah Faber style. Henderson certainly doesn't deserve to be blamed for "screwing up" 151. The fact that you called it "your" event really shows how self-centered fans can be.

Post #7   10/17/12 2:56:16PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,126-876
Chips:

I don't feel bad for Dan

what a class act you are hating on someone for getting injured....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on a side note this if FIGHTING, be it boxing/mma or whatever fighting sport people fight sometimes champions get into it with someone and they want to shut that persons mouth sometimes people pick fights....This is that situation two guys who want to fight each other to settle a grudge cool im all for it.....

its not like this is the first time the UFC or other fight promotions have given a title shot to someone who "didnt deserve it". remember chuck's 205 reign?

Post #8   10/17/12 3:20:22PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Chips:

"I guess I should just quit training to win fights and to be exciting for the fans and just go to s--- talking school," he tweeted

Ya, pretty much.

They don't seem to care who deserves the shot or who has earned it.

This makes the UFC look more like WWE than a real sport.

Post #9   10/17/12 3:35:33PM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,104-643
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Henderson also got screwed out of a rematch title fight with Andy after he KOd Bisping, which contributed to his exodus to Strikeforce.

The Chael fight is a joke. Dana and the UFC better watch out or their arrogance in giving title shots to whoever they want could start turning the hardcore MMA fans and those who want it to be a justified sport away. Imagine if the NFL did something like this for the Superbowl because they didnt think one of the teams was a big enough draw. It would completely kill the legitimacy of the sport.

I guess this sets up a Silva/GSP fight mid year and than keeps Jones available for a late summer fight against Silva.

Post #10   10/17/12 3:52:38PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
Yahoo sports reported:
"The UFC had looked into holding the Jones-Henderson fight in February, according to a report by Yahoo! Sports, but apparently lingering issues with Henderson's knee and Jones' elbow forced them in a new direction."

I guess with the injuries they saw this as the best business move to keep jones active in the media vs waiting for a fight not doing something to make him more of a draw. not to mention chael can help the TUF which you know fox had a hand in. I would say hendo is the only one who can complain about this. everyone else had a chance to step in and fight jones but did not. yea it was short notice but shit happens as chael said:

"Welcome to life. We don't deserve things, you get what you get"

Posted by Dberntson

Imagine if the NFL did something like this for the Superbowl because they didnt think one of the teams was a big enough draw. It would completely kill the legitimacy of the sport.

Of course NFL would never do this but they have a season and playoff format in place to lead up to the super bowl. but you know what the NFL does do, they put the biggest draw teams in primetime tv i.e. SNF and MNF are usaually teams that have the stars and big fan bases. also teams that suck have to deal with tv black outs so the NFL very much has things dictated by how big of a draw they are.

Post #11   10/17/12 10:33:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Of course NFL would never do this but they have a season and playoff format in place to lead up to the super bowl. but you know what the NFL does do, they put the biggest draw teams in primetime tv i.e. SNF and MNF are usaually teams that have the stars and big fan bases. also teams that suck have to deal with tv black outs so the NFL very much has things dictated by how big of a draw they are.

Since when is a Rams/Cardinals game a big draw? Blackouts I believe only occur when a stadium is filled less than a certain % to avoid broadcasting empty seats...which in turn are for the teams who suck

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #12   10/17/12 11:04:45PM