Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

My car got broken into last night

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,871-1,103
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Lungsofsteel

Posted by Rabi

I had a pretty bad morning last tuesday, I cycle to work every day (about 3 miles) and a bloody card cut me up and I cycled straight into the side of his car. My bike is completely wrecked and I had a few bruises.

did the guy stop? id guess he'd be pissed aswell

He did stop, he seemed genuinly concerned.

Post #31   10/17/12 12:15:30PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
As an adult, my car has been broken into (nothing was taken because there was nothing to take), our lawn mower was stolen by our next door neighbor ( can you believe that crap? )....He steals our lawn mower and puts it in his back yard - out in the open. My father and I knocked on his door and kindly asked if we can have our lawn mower back. The man of the house was not there - so the wifey just gave it back and we didn't press charges. They moved out quickly after that...

I have more cases of victimization but the one which hurt the most - happened when a was a six grader. My buddy and I would always ride our bikes to this little corner store. It wasn't exactly a liquor store. All they sold were candies, drinks, and a few selections of real food. My buddy and I would always go there for Boston Baked Beans and those lemon candies ( I can't remember what they're actually called. Anyway, they were cheap. They were only 10 cents a pack and everyday - we would make a stop there during our bike rides.

On many of our trips to the store, no store personnel would be there at the entrance to tell us to keep our bikes outside. And - usually by the time a store attendant realizes there are bikes inside the store, we simply say "OK" and buy our things first and then take our bikes out.

Well - the store owner ( who is probably the cashier also ) got tired of us bringing in our bikes every time we came in - so he brought his mean old dad I assume - to keep an eye on little thieves and little punks like me and my buddy who would always bring in our bikes.

We got there one day and as soon as we started pushing our bikes through the door, an old man with untrimmed facial hair stopped us - right in our tracks. His hair was gray and uncombed. His teeth had gaps and was stained yellow. His breath attacked us from five feet away. His eyes were barely opened but I could see there was a hint of evil lurking behind those eyelids. We were surprised and even frightened for a moment as we froze in our tracks while staring and not knowing what will become of our fate.

The man pointed and shook his finger at us. " You listen here. You can't be bringing your bikes inside the store. You see these dirty tires? You dirty my floor everyday and I have to mop them everyday. Why do you bring them into the store? There's hardly any room in here. Leave them outside."

"But someone might steal our bikes?" I squealed.

"That's not my problem. I can't have you bring your bikes in here. Go, you're blocking the way."

My buddy and I looked at each other. We knew there was a high bicycle theft rate in our neighborhood. We've heard stories of bikes being stolen and kids having their dreams crushed because of it. We looked through the glass windows of the store and we saw the Boston Baked Beans and the lemon candies standing perfectly in a row. My mouth started to water as I stared and the more I stared, I knew I had to get my baked beans and lemon candy.

Had we been smarter, we could have taken turns going into the store but fate will have it - we went in together. We live together. We die together.

That afternoon was the most crushing of all experiences I have ever had. Not being able to get into the college of my choice, or losing out on a job, or losing out on the girl of my dream - none of that compared to the heartbreak I suffered when my bike was stolen. It was as if someone reached into my heart, squeezed it, twisted it, and suffocated it.

We walked home that day and it seemed like the longest walk of my life.

Post #32   10/17/12 12:42:45PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:700-343
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When I was a kid, my mom had this really pretty vintage bracelet. It looked like gold leaves and scatterings of tiny diamonds. While it was technically junk jewelry (ie. fake), it looked very real, and the cool vintage quality of it made it timelessly trendy. I used to try it on when I was a kid to play 'dress up'. When I got older, she gave it to me, so it had a lot of sentimental value as well.

I wore it out a few times on party nights, and it basically just disappeared from my condo one day. When I went looking for it, it was gone. I have no clue who stole it, whether it was building maintenance or possibly a female friend (I had a few new semi-sketchy friends, and I'm pretty sure one was a kleptomaniac, especially when she was coked out).

So anyway, I have no idea what happened to the bracelet, but it still saddens me because it's impossible to replace. It's always worse to lose sentimental stuff than valuable stuff.

Post #33   10/17/12 1:46:07PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

As an adult, my car has been broken into (nothing was taken because there was nothing to take), our lawn mower was stolen by our next door neighbor ( can you believe that crap? )....He steals our lawn mower and puts it in his back yard - out in the open. My father and I knocked on his door and kindly asked if we can have our lawn mower back. The man of the house was not there - so the wifey just gave it back and we didn't press charges. They moved out quickly after that...

I have more cases of victimization but the one which hurt the most - happened when a was a six grader. My buddy and I would always ride our bikes to this little corner store. It wasn't exactly a liquor store. All they sold were candies, drinks, and a few selections of real food. My buddy and I would always go there for Boston Baked Beans and those lemon candies ( I can't remember what they're actually called. Anyway, they were cheap. They were only 10 cents a pack and everyday - we would make a stop there during our bike rides.

On many of our trips to the store, no store personnel would be there at the entrance to tell us to keep our bikes outside. And - usually by the time a store attendant realizes there are bikes inside the store, we simply say "OK" and buy our things first and then take our bikes out.

Well - the store owner ( who is probably the cashier also ) got tired of us bringing in our bikes every time we came in - so he brought his mean old dad I assume - to keep an eye on little thieves and little punks like me and my buddy who would always bring in our bikes.

We got there one day and as soon as we started pushing our bikes through the door, an old man with untrimmed facial hair stopped us - right in our tracks. His hair was gray and uncombed. His teeth had gaps and was stained yellow. His breath attacked us from five feet away. His eyes were barely opened but I could see there was a hint of evil lurking behind those eyelids. We were surprised and even frightened for a moment as we froze in our tracks while staring and not knowing what will become of our fate.

The man pointed and shook his finger at us. " You listen here. You can't be bringing your bikes inside the store. You see these dirty tires? You dirty my floor everyday and I have to mop them everyday. Why do you bring them into the store? There's hardly any room in here. Leave them outside."

"That's not my problem. I can't have you bring your bikes in here. Go, you're blocking the way."

My buddy and I looked at each other. We knew there was a high bicycle theft rate in our neighborhood. We've heard stories of bikes being stolen and kids having their dreams crushed because of it. We looked through the glass windows of the store and we saw the Boston Baked Beans and the lemon candies standing perfectly in a row. My mouth started to water as I stared and the more I stared, I knew I had to get my baked beans and lemon candy.

Had we been smarter, we could have taken turns going into the store but fate will have it - we went in together. We live together. We die together.

That afternoon was the most crushing of all experiences I have ever had. Not being able to get into the college of my choice, or losing out on a job, or losing out on the girl of my dream - none of that compared to the heartbreak I suffered when my bike was stolen. It was as if someone reached into my heart, squeezed it, twisted it, and suffocated it.

Those candies are called Lemonheads my friend, and they're delicious to this day. I also enjoyed the highly racist Chinese Cherries candy in those boxes with the slant-eyed cherries wearing straw hats on the front. There was also a grape candy that was pretty good.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #34   10/17/12 2:01:59PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I remember a time when the ipod mini was the "cool" thing to have. So I saved up enough money and finally got one. I was so proud of that damn thing.

Had it for 2 weeks and would take it on the bus or long car rides on the way basketball tournaments.

One time I forgot it in the car. Came back after the game to listen to it and that bitch was gone

Last apple product I ever owned

Post #35   10/17/12 2:02:54PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by KungFuMaster

Those candies are called Lemonheads my friend, and they're delicious to this day. I also enjoyed the highly racist Chinese Cherries candy in those boxes with the slant-eyed cherries wearing straw hats on the front. There was also a grape candy that was pretty good.

I believe the grape ones were called Alexander the Grape. Ah, old cheap corner store candy...

Post #36   10/17/12 2:10:25PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Lemonheads - that's what they were called. Thanks man.

The racist Chinese Cherries - If they have a fiery taste to them then I think I've had them.

Post #37   10/17/12 2:34:46PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I believe the grape ones were called Alexander the Grape. Ah, old cheap corner store candy...

Thats it! Damnit, now I want to find a shitty old store that still has a few dusty boxes of these things.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #38   10/17/12 3:12:37PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
The Cherry ones were fucking amazing, CHERRY CLAN

I posted a picture some time ago in the nostalgia thread.

Post #39   10/17/12 4:07:08PM   

MMA Regular

187 Avatar

Career:381-261
Chips:
a couple of years back i had my car stolen from my front lawn in broad daylight while i was at home. you could imagine my confusion when i looked out the window to see it no longer there. thankfully i was living below the poverty line at the time so i never had petrol, i'd scrape up enough to get to and from where i was going when i needed to and that's it (what goods a full tank of gas when you cant eat). so yeah, found the car not 5 minutes up the road later that afternoon..walking distance from the servo, so i borrowed enough loose change off my mate to grab some petrol to get it home and all was sweet again.... so yeah, don't target poor people if you're looking for a joyride..

Last edited 10/17/12 5:43PM server time by 187
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   10/17/12 5:41:50PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-43

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,344-866
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by samelia

Had some drunk dick head try and rob our family jewellery store over the weekend - saw him on the camera trying to reach his grubby hands round our glass cabinets. I rushed out and asked what the F he was doing right up in his face. He became quite submissive and said quickly "nothing I'm drunk". oh yup like I'm gonna say to that "sweet mate, all good, know what it's like".

He ran out after I yelled for him to get the F out a few times, thought I was gonna be pulling out some submission cards on the dude

You Kiwis are big on your precious elements.. Your family owns a jewelry store & Project Mayhems resident New Zealander Infestructure is a jeweller also. Just thought it was worth noting that out of the few Kiwis on the PG two of them are in the bling business haha

You do know that Infestructure is her husband, right Shane?

hahahaha well that explains some things. I actually had no fuckin clue. way to go Infest for landing yourself a chick who digs MMA I convinced my (anti-sports) girlfriend to watch some UFC one time & unfortunately it happen to be an extremely lackluster bout. I think it was Mark Bocek.. ? Not sure who he was facing but Bocek wrestled his way to a UD (with a lot of north/south & full guard) After the bout my girlfriend simply said "this is gay" & left the room. haha

Post #41   10/17/12 6:48:49PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

hahahaha well that explains some things. I actually had no fuckin clue. way to go Infest for landing yourself a chick who digs MMA I convinced my (anti-sports) girlfriend to watch some UFC one time & unfortunately it happen to be an extremely lackluster bout. I think it was Mark Bocek.. ? Not sure who he was facing but Bocek wrestled his way to a UD (with a lot of north/south & full guard) After the bout my girlfriend simply said "this is gay" & left the room. haha

Sounds like his fight with Nik Lentz.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #42   10/17/12 7:06:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by shaneTpain

Sounds like his fight with Nik Lentz.

John Alessio maybe?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #43   10/17/12 8:35:28PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
About a week ago, I had noticed my gate which leads from the front yard to the back yard was unlatched. I asked my wife if she had transited to and fro through the gate and she said no. I remembered I checked everything to see if anything was stolen and I noticed nothing was stolen.

Well, today I had finished a can of soda and when I went to put it in our recycle bags, I noticed the bags were gone. I just now figured out I've been victimized. I just put on a lock and reinforced the gate with a 2x4. If this happens again, I'm getting a bigger dog.

I know who did it too. Damn section 8!

The homeowner across from us foreclosed and left about 6 months ago. The new owner or investor must have bought the house and gave it to section 8. Two months ago, a family moved in. They brought their junk and carts with them. Yes, I said carts. These guys are obviously on section 8 and they hang out in their front lawn all the time. Their friends come by with their carts all the time.

I happen to live on a nice block but I'm not too far from some apartment complexes. I don't know whether to tough it out or pick up and go. I really don't like my new neighbors. They sit out there all the time and they know our schedules. That's the troubling part. Maybe it's time to own a gun.

Post #44   10/18/12 9:04:53PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

About a week ago, I had noticed my gate which leads from the front yard to the back yard was unlatched. I asked my wife if she had transited to and fro through the gate and she said no. I remembered I checked everything to see if anything was stolen and I noticed nothing was stolen.

Well, today I had finished a can of soda and when I went to put it in our recycle bags, I noticed the bags were gone. I just now figured out I've been victimized. I just put on a lock and reinforced the gate with a 2x4. If this happens again, I'm getting a bigger dog.

I know who did it too. Damn section 8!

The homeowner across from us foreclosed and left about 6 months ago. The new owner or investor must have bought the house and gave it to section 8. Two months ago, a family moved in. They brought their junk and carts with them. Yes, I said carts. These guys are obviously on section 8 and they hang out in their front lawn all the time. Their friends come by with their carts all the time.

I happen to live on a nice block but I'm not too far from some apartment complexes. I don't know whether to tough it out or pick up and go. I really don't like my new neighbors. They sit out there all the time and they know our schedules. That's the troubling part. Maybe it's time to own a gun.

You should have bought a gun a LONG time ago. I love knowing my Glock 9 is right next to my bed invade someone wants to break in and act a fool

Post #45   10/18/12 9:29:57PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4