Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

BREAKING: Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones named coaches for TUF 17.

Print  
  Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont think sonnen will be able to take Jones down but even if he does and keeps him there i still think Jones will do more damage from the bottom than sonnen will from the top Jones will cut him open with elbows.

Post #76   10/18/12 10:44:11AM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Lucas

Sorry but sonnen is nothing but annoying in my eyes so to have to listen to him week after week talk about what he's going to do to Jones only to get an absolute beat down come fight Time does not interest me in the slightest.

To put it into perspective its no different to having a tuf with bisbing and Silva as coaches and listening to bisping talk week after week how he can beat Silva before getting ko within a minute come fight time

Except that Sonnen is great at trash talking and Bisping is terrible. I can understand why someone that isn't a fan of Chael or doesn't find his trash talking amusing would not like this move though, but I personally find him hilarious and he is the undisputed king of MMA one liners.

I don't mind Chael being a coach on tuf even though i don't like him because i don't like Jones either but normally on TUF when the coaches have banter i can't wait for the fight to see who wins. I don't care what anyone else says sonnen is going to go an absolute beat down so i already know whats going to happen so am not excited about it. Let Sonnen coach opposite someone he has a chance against then i would find the banter more interesting

Post #77   10/18/12 10:53:29AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
It wouldnt surprise me in the least to see Jones be the one to take Sonnen down.

IMO Jones is just as good if not better a wrestler then Sonnen.

Sonnen holds absolutely no advantage in this fight imo

Post #78   10/18/12 10:55:53AM   

Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6