Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BREAKING: Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones named coaches for TUF 17.

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Edwards

made sense for chael steppin up on short notice but what a slap in the face to the other top fighters at 205, the show will be awesome but not a big fan of this move but i guess its a money move, jus sad

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #31   10/16/12 5:39:12PM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,547-921
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sorry but sonnen is nothing but annoying in my eyes so to have to listen to him week after week talk about what he's going to do to Jones only to get an absolute beat down come fight Time does not interest me in the slightest.

To put it into perspective its no different to having a tuf with bisbing and Silva as coaches and listening to bisping talk week after week how he can beat Silva before getting ko within a minute come fight time

Post #32   10/16/12 5:58:38PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Posted by postman

God this is dumb

x2

Why?

Post #33   10/16/12 6:02:15PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Sorry but sonnen is nothing but annoying in my eyes so to have to listen to him week after week talk about what he's going to do to Jones only to get an absolute beat down come fight Time does not interest me in the slightest.

To put it into perspective its no different to having a tuf with bisbing and Silva as coaches and listening to bisping talk week after week how he can beat Silva before getting ko within a minute come fight time

Except that Sonnen is great at trash talking and Bisping is terrible. I can understand why someone that isn't a fan of Chael or doesn't find his trash talking amusing would not like this move though, but I personally find him hilarious and he is the undisputed king of MMA one liners.

Post #34   10/16/12 6:05:57PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Chips:
I watch TUF regardless of whos coaching so I am uber pumped to see Sonnen poke funof Bones while Jonny tries to act like the humble christian selfless nice guy he tries so hard to convince everyone he is.

Post #35   10/16/12 6:12:51PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
How does it feel being inches away from greatness?

Are you not mesmerized?

The ratings savior is here - - - - and yes, those chills down your spine are the result of being surrounded by (P)erfection

Hey FX.......YOU are welcome!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 10/16/12 6:51PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   10/16/12 6:50:12PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Goatenstein

Show will be fun. Fight will not. This is desperation on Zuffa's part.

Exactly how I feel.

Chael will make it entertaining because that's what he does. But from a sporting perspective it doesn't make any sense.

We all just watched Silva vs. Bonnar clearly the UFC gave up on making sense

Maybe we can get a Bisping/Benavidez grudge match for real

Seriously though, as someone said before; this is a huge slap to to face of the contenders at 205. Machida would have made a great coach, and the two have a history in the ring, not just one man's skill at selling a fight.

Last edited 10/16/12 7:22PM server time by infestructure

Post #37   10/16/12 7:19:23PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Lucas

Except that Sonnen is great at trash talking and Bisping is terrible. I can understand why someone that isn't a fan of Chael or doesn't find his trash talking amusing would not like this move though, but I personally find him hilarious and he is the undisputed king of MMA one liners.

If you can understand that people don't like Chael and his mouth why would you assert your opinion as fact as the "King of MMA one liners" as if the sport needs that pseudo-intellectual garbage or that somehow validates his trolling. I would guess that you don't really understand because you dismiss those who think he is just a wind bag.

Post #38   10/16/12 8:09:10PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Lucas

If you can understand that people don't like Chael and his mouth why would you assert your opinion as fact as the "King of MMA one liners" as if the sport needs that pseudo-intellectual garbage or that somehow validates his trolling. I would guess that you don't really understand because you dismiss those who think he is just a wind bag.

I never dismissed anyone that thinks he's a windbag. Read the post you quoted, then find the part where I said "I personally", then find a reason to blame this on religion somehow.

Post #39   10/16/12 8:23:53PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
Cheal sonnen transcends rankings

Post #40   10/16/12 9:23:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

So Sonnen gets a fight with the LHW champ without a single LHW win? fucking zuffa.

Belfort got a MW and LHW title shot after no recent UFC wins in that division

Last edited 10/16/12 9:28PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #41   10/16/12 9:28:21PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Darnok

Posted by postman

God this is dumb

x2

Why?

I cant speak for others, but I think its dumb for Chael to get a title shot without winning or even competing at 205 for many years.

With that said, I'll watch it

Post #42   10/16/12 9:34:08PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,546-914
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I don't like it for a few reasons:

1) Sonnen's last fight at LHW was a loss, and now he's number one contender?
2) Jones is fighting two middle weights in a row? Neither of them is called Anderson Silva? C'mon.
3) I'm not intrigued by the match-up at all.

EDIT: Moreover, not only was Sonnen's last fight at LHW a loss, but so was his last fight at MW too.

Plus, he's coming off a PED suspension too....

"Let this be a lesson to all you up-and-coming fighters out there: Wearing a fake belt and talking trash on Twitter will do more for your career than legitimate wins ever will." - Cagepotato

Last edited 10/17/12 5:03PM server time by State_Champ
2 total post edits

Post #43   10/16/12 9:40:55PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Cooler

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Lucas

I never dismissed anyone that thinks he's a windbag. Read the post you quoted, then find the part where I said "I personally", then find a reason to blame this on religion somehow.

Putting the disclaimer I personally doesn't excuse anything, it's like the people who say "Don't be offended" right before they say something brutally honest or dishonest. And sure religion skews the other parts of peoples critical thinking skills so it might be to blame here

Post #44   10/16/12 9:43:12PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I keep seeing the word "deserve" and "rankings." I mean those two words go together like "Greatness" and Jon Jones......totally irrelevant....and useless.

Don't you guys get it yet?

- - - In the beginning God created CHAEL, then the heaven and the earth.

This is Chael's world and you all are lucky enough to be a small part of it.

I'm still waiting for Cooler to stop masturbating and rubbing himself with holy water....actually, I want to see if his skin melts.

Post #45   10/16/12 9:45:38PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6